Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Quality of Mrs. Knott's Offerings Lower than Before?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality of Mrs. Knott's Offerings Lower than Before?

Recently, I went to Mrs. Knott's for the first time since the renovation and I was under the impression that the food quality and service was not as good as it was prior to all the changes. For some reason the chicken dinners just didn't seem to be up to par compared to my previous trips to Mrs. Knott's (all prior to the refurbishment) and I almost dare say to me it slipped below Disneyland's Plaza Inn in quality. Does anyone know if there was a menu change or some other change that affected the dinners? I really want to believe it was just an off night that I was there, but the rest of the party I was with all agreed that something was definitely off about the food and was still solid but not top notch like it once was before. It was also a fairly busy Saturday night as well so I'd like to believe they were operating at their peak during that time.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

there being cheap andim takeing a wild guess i had the chicken at scarey farm last yr it was blah to me i rather have store bought fried chicken or kfc or popeyes

Comment

My wife and I thought the same thing when we tried it out after the remodel. It seemed soggy and lackluster, we were certainly disappointed.

Comment

I had the chicken dinner Saturday night and it was just as good as I remembered.
        "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Comment

Originally posted by moregumboplease View Post
          My wife and I thought the same thing when we tried it out after the remodel. It seemed soggy and lackluster, we were certainly disappointed.
          That sounds rather unfortunate. The party I was with had the same experience as well and we are now having second thoughts about coming back to Mrs. Knott's for another go at their chicken dinners. They had such a good reputation in the past as far as the chicken dinners were concerned (we had dined there several times before) but coming back and having such a disappointing experience with the food was really a let down.

Comment

The quality hasn't gone down, really. I think people's expectations have increased, the kind of old fashioned meal they provide (soup, salad, etc.) is less the norm (which is part of their charm, to me), and their prices seem to have increased.

We've eaten there off and on since I was a kid (long time ago), and its always been hit or miss. Sometimes, you get lucky, and the chicken is piping hot, juicy, and wonderful. Sometimes, not so much. If anything, they've been more consistent since after the remodel. The soup and other sides remain the same. The portions are the same, and I still get plenty stuffed trying to finish a full meal. The buttermilk biscuits are same, if not better. I think the boysenberry jam has actually improved. They offer beer now, nice but overpriced. Some new appetizers, but I wouldn't fill up on them.

They don't have the lines they used to, but that's been true since before the remodel. Again, I don't think it's Mrs. Knott's that's gotten worse, just the competition is stronger now and people's tastes have changed and gotten more varied and sophisticated. Compare the choices we have now, versus fifty years ago, within a short drive of Knott's. But I still love the place, and I'm glad they still exist. In part, for the memories of the many meals I've shared with my family (some no longer here, unfortunately) there over the years. Even the time we used to spend waiting in line, which was often the setting for some of the longest conversations I'd ever had with some of my relatives, is a source of nostalgia for me. We didn't agree on much, but ending the day with a meal at Mrs. Knott's was a given. My grandma loved the place, god bless her.

For me, it's more than just the chicken, but judged on its own merits, the chicken dinner is still filling, tasty and unique in that they do provide a complete meal including dessert and soup or salad (you can even get both if you ask), which is increasingly rare nowadays. I hope that place is still there for my daughter to bring her own kids someday (when she has some, that is...)
            Last edited by whiteness; 04-02-2017, 12:13 AM.

Comment

I've not had the opportunity to have a meal in the remodeled venue, have peaked in tho.
              I have bought chicken from the take out. No problem with the quality as far as I could tell.

Comment

Originally posted by whiteness View Post
                The quality hasn't gone down, really. I think people's expectations have increased, the kind of old fashioned meal they provide (soup, salad, etc.) is less the norm (which is part of their charm, to me), and their prices seem to have increased.

We've eaten there off and on since I was a kid (long time ago), and its always been hit or miss. Sometimes, you get lucky, and the chicken is piping hot, juicy, and wonderful. Sometimes, not so much. If anything, they've been more consistent since after the remodel. The soup and other sides remain the same. The portions are the same, and I still get plenty stuffed trying to finish a full meal. The buttermilk biscuits are same, if not better. I think the boysenberry jam has actually improved. They offer beer now, nice but overpriced. Some new appetizers, but I wouldn't fill up on them.

They don't have the lines they used to, but that's been true since before the remodel. Again, I don't think it's Mrs. Knott's that's gotten worse, just the competition is stronger now and people's tastes have changed and gotten more varied and sophisticated. Compare the choices we have now, versus fifty years ago, within a short drive of Knott's. But I still love the place, and I'm glad they still exist. In part, for the memories of the many meals I've shared with my family (some no longer here, unfortunately) there over the years. Even the time we used to spend waiting in line, which was often the setting for some of the longest conversations I'd ever had with some of my relatives, is a source of nostalgia for me. We didn't agree on much, but ending the day with a meal at Mrs. Knott's was a given. My grandma loved the place, god bless her.

For me, it's more than just the chicken, but judged on its own merits, the chicken dinner is still filling, tasty and unique in that they do provide a complete meal including dessert and soup or salad (you can even get both if you ask), which is increasingly rare nowadays. I hope that place is still there for my daughter to bring her own kids someday (when she has some, that is...)

Mrs. Knott's
                I have not been there,since the remodeling
                And your Opinion sound close to many other's
                For me it is nostalgia ,as well History....
                I going have to check it out......Thank You for sharing
                Last edited by Eagleman; 04-04-2017, 08:21 PM.
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Disneyland's Plaza Inn,does have good Chicken Dinner ,that is filling....
                  Lest I always happy with that meal
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
                    Disneyland's Plaza Inn,does have good Chicken Dinner ,that is filling....
                    Lest I always happy with that meal
                    I like the chicken at both places. We are lucky to have such great options!

I do prefer the choice of side dishes at Knott's. I love their boysenberry jam with buttermilk biscuits. And their rhubarb is unique and tasty!

Comment

I like the chicken at both places. We are lucky to have such great options!

I do prefer the choice of side dishes at Knott's. I love their boysenberry jam with buttermilk biscuits. And their rhubarb is unique and tasty!
                      HEY...Now you can not go wrong with boysenberry jam with buttermilk biscuits!

I do not ,forget the rhubarb pie...........

LOL I already had dinner tonight.....now for some reason ,I want run out for Chicken Dinner......LOL
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I don't think peoples expectations have increased, Knott's has always held a high standard as far as their chicken is concerned. The last meal I had at Mrs. Knott's prior to this trip was right before they closed for the remodel so the construction aside, it wasn't that long between my two trips to Knotts. As for what others have said, I think as far as Chicken goes in the area, the Plaza Inn was a close second for me before but I think if I have another "meh" experience at Knott's, Plaza Inn will definitely take the #1 spot on my chicken list as it's always been a close call for me with the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

HEY...Now you can not go wrong with boysenberry jam with buttermilk biscuits!

I do not ,forget the rhubarb pie...........

LOL I already had dinner tonight.....now for some reason ,I want run out for Chicken Dinner......LOL
                          Yes, I'm getting the same ideas!

This weekend I'm at Knott's. But maybe I have to eat the Boysenberry festival food in the park, and take home chicken and pie for later. No problem: I even still love their chicken the next day!

Comment

Yes, I'm getting the same ideas!

This weekend I'm at Knott's. But maybe I have to eat the Boysenberry festival food in the park, and take home chicken and pie for later. No problem: I even still love their chicken the next day!
                            Geeee ,what you doing to me!

Chicken Dinner one night ,Boysenberry Festiva the next.....my brain ,can not take this .......L L
                            They all Good Food time at Knott's
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by TFN5459 View Post

I don't think peoples expectations have increased, Knott's has always held a high standard as far as their chicken is concerned. The last meal I had at Mrs. Knott's prior to this trip was right before they closed for the remodel so the construction aside, it wasn't that long between my two trips to Knotts. As for what others have said, I think as far as Chicken goes in the area, the Plaza Inn was a close second for me before but I think if I have another "meh" experience at Knott's, Plaza Inn will definitely take the #1 spot on my chicken list as it's always been a close call for me with the two.

Disneyland /Knott's ......CHICKEN Dinner's is ....NECK to NECK
                              LoL

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X