Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quality of Mrs. Knott's Offerings Lower than Before?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our expectations have not changed at all. The restaurant is right up there in nostalgia as Disneyland is for our family. It was a favorite of my late grandma and grandpa and it seemed like we would go there a few times a year (back in the 1980s) with the ENTIRE family, aunts, uncles, cousins. Like someone else mentioned, even though the wait seemed like it would never end, those long waits made for some fantastic memories of playing with my cousins. Running around the "free" areas of the park and passing the time.

I'm far from a food critic, but I still believe when my wife and I last went there the quality seemed to be sub par. Maybe it wasn't quite fresh, or maybe it sat in the box/bucket too long and it got soggy from the steam? Either way, the nostalgia is so strong with Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner that I will always go back, even if the remodel feels gentrified.

Comment

Originally posted by moregumboplease View Post
      I'm far from a food critic, but I still believe when my wife and I last went there the quality seemed to be sub par. Maybe it wasn't quite fresh, or maybe it sat in the box/bucket too long and it got soggy from the steam? Either way, the nostalgia is so strong with Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner that I will always go back, even if the remodel feels gentrified.
      I felt the same way too when I had it, still good but pretty "meh" compared to what it was before the remodel. I do plan on going back to Mrs. Knott's at least one more time to offset the chance that it was an "off" day for them but I'm thinking that the odds that they were off on a Saturday evening are pretty slim.

"Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
      "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Welp, I must update my position on the KBFCD experience. We were there this past Sunday for my mom's birthday dinner. We ordered the huge 22 piece combo to go and ate outside of the Starbucks, in the shaded patio area. This time around the chicken was on point! It was crispy on the outside, moist on the inside and was night and day different from the previous experience I shared earlier in this thread. Happy to report that we were super stoked on it this time!

Comment

Originally posted by moregumboplease View Post
          Welp, I must update my position on the KBFCD experience. We were there this past Sunday for my mom's birthday dinner. We ordered the huge 22 piece combo to go and ate outside of the Starbucks, in the shaded patio area. This time around the chicken was on point! It was crispy on the outside, moist on the inside and was night and day different from the previous experience I shared earlier in this thread. Happy to report that we were super stoked on it this time!
          That sounds promising, I will definitely have to go back and give them a second try. Like I stated previously, I've always liked Knott's chicken and I've been hoping that my previous experience was simply a fluke on the day that I happened to be there.
          "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
          "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Mrs. Knotts would roll over in her grave at the poor quality of the very thing that made Knotts Berry Farm --- her Chicken Dinner restaurant.

I remember as a kid how Mrs. Knott would roam around the dining room making certain that every guest was enjoying their meal and also making certain that the (mostly ladies) who worked there were doing everything to Mrs Knott's standards.

For year after that the ladies who lived nearby in Buena Park were always a reliable work force. Little old ladies most people would think of as their grandmothers. Things have certainly changed a lot in Buena Park today.... all of those little old Knotts employees are gone replaced now by workers who.... well, let's just say are different.

Best thing to do is boycott the chicken dinner restaurant until they get a food director committed to getting things correct. Which would START with enforcing employee standards.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X