Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Quality of Mrs. Knott's Offerings Lower than Before?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our expectations have not changed at all. The restaurant is right up there in nostalgia as Disneyland is for our family. It was a favorite of my late grandma and grandpa and it seemed like we would go there a few times a year (back in the 1980s) with the ENTIRE family, aunts, uncles, cousins. Like someone else mentioned, even though the wait seemed like it would never end, those long waits made for some fantastic memories of playing with my cousins. Running around the "free" areas of the park and passing the time.

I'm far from a food critic, but I still believe when my wife and I last went there the quality seemed to be sub par. Maybe it wasn't quite fresh, or maybe it sat in the box/bucket too long and it got soggy from the steam? Either way, the nostalgia is so strong with Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner that I will always go back, even if the remodel feels gentrified.

Comment

Originally posted by moregumboplease View Post
      I'm far from a food critic, but I still believe when my wife and I last went there the quality seemed to be sub par. Maybe it wasn't quite fresh, or maybe it sat in the box/bucket too long and it got soggy from the steam? Either way, the nostalgia is so strong with Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner that I will always go back, even if the remodel feels gentrified.
      I felt the same way too when I had it, still good but pretty "meh" compared to what it was before the remodel. I do plan on going back to Mrs. Knott's at least one more time to offset the chance that it was an "off" day for them but I'm thinking that the odds that they were off on a Saturday evening are pretty slim.

"Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
      "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Welp, I must update my position on the KBFCD experience. We were there this past Sunday for my mom's birthday dinner. We ordered the huge 22 piece combo to go and ate outside of the Starbucks, in the shaded patio area. This time around the chicken was on point! It was crispy on the outside, moist on the inside and was night and day different from the previous experience I shared earlier in this thread. Happy to report that we were super stoked on it this time!

Comment

Originally posted by moregumboplease View Post
          Welp, I must update my position on the KBFCD experience. We were there this past Sunday for my mom's birthday dinner. We ordered the huge 22 piece combo to go and ate outside of the Starbucks, in the shaded patio area. This time around the chicken was on point! It was crispy on the outside, moist on the inside and was night and day different from the previous experience I shared earlier in this thread. Happy to report that we were super stoked on it this time!
          That sounds promising, I will definitely have to go back and give them a second try. Like I stated previously, I've always liked Knott's chicken and I've been hoping that my previous experience was simply a fluke on the day that I happened to be there.
          "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
          "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X