Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigfoot Rapids to receive re-theme

Rumor is spreading that Bigfoot Rapids will gradually receive props, facades, signage, and other additions over the course of the next year, that will re-theme the attraction (currently with a Bigfoot Theme) to a rather sunken/flodded ghost town and native american settlement theme that will in some way tie in with the Mystery Lodge and Calico located nearby. thoughts on this change, anyone?
    Yes, sounds exciting/ interesting
    96.23%
    not sure about this
    0%
    not a good decision for Knott's.
    3.77%

Sounds good to me. I'm all for cohesive theming.

Comment

This is great news. The problem with the ride, as a whole, was that it lacked visuals. There plenty to look at in California Adventure's version, but Bigfoot Rapids was dull.

Comment

iwounder if this is true bigfoot does need lots of work retheme would b cool and make it where uget more wet put some water jets so ucanget wet more and put water guns on the outside fence so we can get the riders wet

Comment

Didn't even know they had this. Watched a video and it sure looks boring!

I haven't been to Knott's since I started developing motion sickness and couldn't ride the 'super coasters' anymore. There's just not enough to do to make the price of admission worthwhile. (Especially since I can remember when admission was free!)
          "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by bassmonkey1962 View Post
            This is great news. The problem with the ride, as a whole, was that it lacked visuals. There plenty to look at in California Adventure's version, but Bigfoot Rapids was dull.
            Plenty to look at in Grizzly River Rapids? Where?

Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

Comment

".....put water guns on the outside fence so we can get the riders wet
              ---Yeah, like THAT won't make guests too angry.

Comment

Personally, I always wished that there had been an actual animatronic Bigfoot somewhere on the ride, maybe at the end with fleeting glimpses of one early on. Like the Yeti at Matterhorn. Just standing up there growling at riders as they roll by.

Comment

It's interesting to look at the results of this poll, versus the results of polls when Disney makes changes...

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post
                    It's interesting to look at the results of this poll, versus the results of polls when Disney makes changes...
                    So true, probably because any theming is good with many of knotts rides. Bigfoot rapids is an ugly ride only theming and reference to Bigfoot if I remember correctly was the aign
                    Last edited by Baloo; 09-02-2017, 02:30 PM.

Comment

This ride currently is a cement trough past dried out grass, sickly trees, and non-existent landscaping. If they can add props and Indian villages and pretty much anything to this boring, charmless ride it will be an improvement. It still won't be thrilling or fun or offer many thrills, but at least it would have something new to look at.

Seriously, like most rides at Knott's Berry Farm, this thing really sucks...
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YsjCgRdeRY

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Shape View Post
                        Personally, I always wished that there had been an actual animatronic Bigfoot somewhere on the ride, maybe at the end with fleeting glimpses of one early on. Like the Yeti at Matterhorn. Just standing up there growling at riders as they roll by.
                        True that would be cool, but there is a bigfoot if you know where to look.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim in Merced CA View Post

Plenty to look at in Grizzly River Rapids? Where?
                          Stevie Wonder thinks there's plenty to see on it.

Comment

Maybe early in the ride they could have a cave out of which a Bigfoot hand and his eyes can be seen, along with a growling sound. Maybe have him leaning out from some trees at the midway point before a full reveal at the end.Some animatronic Native Americans and village might be a nice addition since it's right next to Mystery Lodge.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X