Bigfoot Rapids to receive re-theme

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whipland View Post

I didn't say there was anything wrong with Native Americans, I said I was not a fan of "Native American Themes". I prefer the genre, authentic or not, of the frontier cowboy and indian themes. I think the Mystery lodge is boring and "preachy" actually. Not amusing or entertaining. Definitely not fun.
    Are you saying you perfer the themes of cowboys to natitve Americans?
    This new area sounds like a mix of both which I think sounds cool, since we already have large area's of just cowboy stuff to do
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

Are you saying you perfer the themes of cowboys to native Americans?
      This new area sounds like a mix of both which I think sounds cool, since we already have large area's of just cowboy stuff to do
      What I originally posted was pretty clear, I said I prefer the "cowboy AND Indian themes" the interaction of the two things together.

Mystery Lodge isn't even representative of the Native American cultures here in SoCal or anywhere in the Southwest where much of the Knott's Berry Farm theme is derived from. The Kwagulth are a tribe in the Pacific Northwest on up into Canada.

That thing needs to be properly re-themed into something else. It was a bad idea from the start, just wasted space.

Comment

Originally posted by Whipland View Post

What I originally posted was pretty clear, I said I prefer the "cowboy AND Indian themes" the interaction of the two things together.

Mystery Lodge isn't even representative of the Native American cultures here in SoCal or anywhere in the Southwest where much of the Knott's Berry Farm theme is derived from. The Kwagulth are a tribe in the Pacific Northwest on up into Canada.

That thing needs to be properly re-themed into something else. It was a bad idea from the start, just wasted space.
        I thought that's what's happening right now....they are rethemeing the area to Native American's and Cowboys
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

I thought that's what's happening right now....they are rethemeing the area to Native American's and Cowboys
          "Cowboys and Indians" is the preferred nomenclature of classic Knott's Berry Farm fans and the Knott family. Otherwise people might assume Knott's was retheming to include Eskimos and Hawaiians and that would just seem sort of out of place don't ya think? The 'Indian trails' or the "Indian Village" was always a more exclusive tribal set of American Indians which BTW was not limited to just California tribes, but tribes representative of the Western town theme... you know, where you might find cowboys, miners, gunslingers, assay offices, saloons, boothill cemeteries, and Chinese laundries.

Last edited by Whipland; 11-06-2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Officially confirmed by Knott's today: https://www.knotts.com/play/rides/calico-river-rapids

"A new expedition in an uncharted territory awaits eager explorers with the upcoming debut of Calico River Rapids, opening at Knott’s Berry Farm in summer 2019. Knott’s white water raft ride, currently known as BigFoot Rapids, will undergo a major renovation with the addition of new features to the attraction including new animatronics, themed show scenes, a new story overlay and plenty of dynamic water effects.

Calico River Rapids will take voyagers on a search for new land through the outskirts of Calico. Rafters will encounter a variety of wild surprises along the way, such as roaring rapids, and indigenous wildlife. The circular raft ride, which seats six passengers, will traverse through unexpected twists and turns, rushing waters and rapid currents as it navigates the unexplored river path."

Comment

I’m glad that knotts is going more family oriented again and themed rides is a mega plus, hopefully they can do something again of this caliber for the 100th anniversary in 2020.

Comment

Working...
              X