Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Camp Snoopy's Grand Sierra RR ???

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp Snoopy's Grand Sierra RR ???

Hi Folks,

I have never visited California, but I have been following Knott's Berry Farm and Disney Parks through YouTube. I've noticed in recent Camp Snoopy videos that the figures of Charlie Brown and Sally in the canoe under a rollercoaster are no longer there, and Linus' narration about the canoe is missing from the soundtrack. Also, Spike's revolving tumbleweeds seem to have disappeared. Does anyone know why or how long they have been absent? (I am a big Charlie Brown and Snoopy fan!!!)

Thanks!

Take care, Joe.

Joe-

I will try to find you this information as soon as possible. give me about a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyway.To.Yesterland View Post
      I will try to find you this information as soon as possible. give me about a week.
      Thanks! As you can see in my avatar, I am a big fan of Charlie Brown and Snoopy, and only recently discovered Snoopy on the Grand Sierra handcar in a video.

When I was a child, there was a ride in Wildwood, New Jersey called the Golden Nugget that must have been inspired by the Knott's Calico Mine ride. Part of that ride, built in the early 1960s, was recently moved to Knoebles in Pennsylvania and now called the Black Diamond. The ride was built by the Philadelphia Toboggan Co. (if I remember correctly) and designed by some notable coaster designer. Perhaps one day I might be blessed and visit Knott's.

Looking forward to any information you might have! Take care, Joe.

Attached is my homemade project done with a Lionel O27 Snoopy & Woodstock handcar in a mining theme on my home O gauge layout I did about 20 years ago, which now I realize has a Knott's connection:

Last edited by JoePaul; 09-13-2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Have been to the Farm several times this month, and have ridden the Grand Sierra Scenic Railway each time. The elements that you describe are still there, although it is in the process of getting the overlay for Camp Spooky. https://www.knotts.com/play/events/spooky-farm. Previously the railway has been mothballed during haunt so that a maze could be installed over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          Have been to the Farm several times this month, and have ridden the Grand Sierra Scenic Railway each time. The elements that you describe are still there, although it is in the process of getting the overlay for Camp Spooky. https://www.knotts.com/play/events/spooky-farm. Previously the railway has been mothballed during haunt so that a maze could be installed over it.
          Hi Dutchman,

Thanks for the reply!

I just found this video below on YouTube dated September 2, 2017, and although the tumbleweed area is not very clear, the tumbleweeds seem to be missing, as well as Charlie Brown and Sally in the canoe, along with Linus' narration regarding the canoe race. In another recent video, the tumbleweeds are replaced with stakes.

Take care, Joe.

Comment

Like I pointed out, it has been announced that the Grand Sierra is getting an overlay for Camp Spooky which starts next weekend. There are changes being made for that. Whether or not these scenes will be restored or replaced with something else afterwards, has not been stated

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X