Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knott's Scary Farm Planning

Last year I went to the Haunt kinda early in the season (Thursday 9/29) and really enjoyed the light crowds and being able to finish all the mazes within a little over 2 hours. This year I don't really have the option to go on a Thursday, but would still like to early. My two possible dates are 9/23 and 10/7, both Saturdays. Since they are Saturdays should I expect a lot more crowds than my previous visit? Will 9/23 be light since it's only the third night of the event? Are the mazes full staffed that early and is it generally a good idea to go then?

Originally posted by CousinPhil View Post
    Last year I went to the Haunt kinda early in the season (Thursday 9/29) and really enjoyed the light crowds and being able to finish all the mazes within a little over 2 hours. This year I don't really have the option to go on a Thursday, but would still like to early. My two possible dates are 9/23 and 10/7, both Saturdays. Since they are Saturdays should I expect a lot more crowds than my previous visit? Will 9/23 be light since it's only the third night of the event? Are the mazes full staffed that early and is it generally a good idea to go then?
    -Saturdays are never great but 9/23 will probably be the lightest of the Saturdays with each one getting progressively more crowded as we get closer to Halloween.
    -Either way, you should expect it to be significantly more crowded than your previous trip.
    -The mazes should be fully staffed with monsters that aren't burnt out yet.
    -If your only options are all Saturdays than it's a good idea to go to the earliest one possible.
    "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Comment

Saturdays are insane. Lines are normally about 20 minutes at most on Sundays. Saturdays, the lines were about an hour long.
      Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

We always go on the first or second Saturday. Go to the 5 or 5:30 Boo-fet (after a beverage at TGIFs), then get in the park ASAP and hit all the mazes and the log ride as quickly as possible. Then take a break and take in the scare zones & the two shows. Have fun!

Comment

Thanks for all the responses and info. We'll probably be going this Saturday and will make the most of it! I'll probably report back to this thread with details of how it was.

Comment

We just got back and I'm exhaused driving in that thick, fast, & slightly crazy Sat. night freeway traffic for about 35 miles.
            Last year we stayed at the Radison Suites Hotel on Beach Blvd. north of Scary Farm and walked to the hotel after Scary Farm. That was a lot better and we saved $20 by not parking at Knott's.

Also next year we'll pick one of the the two shows and just see that at 9 or 9:30 devoting the earlier part of the evening to mazes, getting the jump on the crowd with our Boo-fet early entry. I though the Boo-fet continued its decline this year. Not very good ribs, bad fried chicken that seemed left over from yesterday. Too rare and chewy roast beef, watery bosenberry drink till they finally fixed it, not paper towels in the men's room for quite a while despite an earlier request for them. They did have two loud, new monsters visiting diners and they were very good. While it has been a little bit comforting seeing the same monsters each year during th Boo-fet, they seemed burned out last year. These two new ones livened it up---even one of the old timer monsters got into their delightful obnoxiousness.

Last edited by jcruise86; 09-24-2017, 12:14 AM.

Comment

In general I always save up and get the front of the line ticket, along with the boo-fet. For me it's worth the extra money to make the experience less of a hassle. Three years ago I had a regular ticket and it was impossible to get into Infected (By the time I gave up and left the line, I was hearing people being told to come back another night). I do my park haunts on the first weekend of October to cut down on the crowd problem as well.

Comment

We are going Saturday the 30th of September, I can't wait! So far we have been getting there right when it opens and have had no problems knocking out every maze within a couple hours. Upon entering we head over towards the mazes near Ghost Rider (there are usually 3 or 4 over that way) and work our way around the park in a clockwise direction.

Comment

I ranted about the quality of the Boo-fet, but we did love the state of Scary Farm this year. The mazes and shows were impressive and we'll return next year. We also really liked seeing the Sleepy Hallow scare zone because the actual dark woods made it wonderful!

Comment

Went on Saturday, wasn't able to get through everything (I left a bit early, around 12:30 or so), but I've got the pass so that's just stuff to do on another weekend.

I HIGHLY recommend hitting Trick or Treat first, which I made sure to do, the line got ridiculous as the night went on.

I was able to hit more or less everything I REALLY wanted to do. I did Trick or Treat and Voodoo. Grabbed a Calico Soda (this was amazing and caught The Hanging. Did Dark Ride, Pumpkin Eater and did some eating myself after that. Went and met Giggles the Clown while she was at the park. Hit up The Red Barn, went on my favorite ride in the park, Elvira, and then finished the night with Paranormal Inc.

Comment

I'm going next week. I took four days off work to do all four of the big park haunts in the area (QMDH, UHHN, and MMFF are the others). I'll be doing Knott's on the 7th of October. Nice and early so the crowds won't be as insane as when you go say, the week before Halloween.

Comment

Well I went to KSF last Saturday 9/23 and boy was it more busy than my Thursday from last year!

I got inside the park around 6:30 and waited until rope drop. At 7:00, we went over the Ghost Town area mazes, but went past Trick or Treat. Voodoo was a literal walk-on and afterward we decided to check out ToT. Whatever excitement was gained from Voodoo was obliterated as we waited 2 HOURS to get inside Trick or Treat (which luckily was pretty cool). I don't know if everyone else had the idea to go there early too or if that is the standard wait time for that maze, but it was nuts. By 9:30 this year I had only done 2 mazes instead of all mazes the same time last year. We then did Tooth Fairy (40m) and then walked to get a spot for the 11:00 Hanging. After we checked out Dark Ride (30m), Shadowlands (5m) and Pumpkin Eater (50m). The last maze we did was Paranormal Inc. (30m) at around 1am. We passed the line for Infected but it also looked too crazy to attempt. Red Barn was also skipped. We did manage to squeeze in a Log Ride and Calico Mine Ride in the final 15 minutes which were both walk-ons.

Even though I had fun and only missed 2 mazes, I definitely want to try again for a Thursday next year, or at least save up for a Fright Lane pass if Saturday is the only option. If I knew that Trick or Treat was going to be 2 hours, I probably would have skipped it and tried for Infection and Red Barn instead.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X