Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Year Without Elvira

Elvira, Mistress of The Dark (AKA Cassandra Peterson) will celebrate her last year of performance at Knott's. what show do you think could top/replace Elvira next year that could be just as good?

Nearly anything. Her show has been a train-wreck to watch these past few years and the entertainment budget all went to her, cutting a full offering of shows (Belly Dancers, Blood Drums, Freak Show, Hacks Improv, Dr Cleaver, Ed Alonzo, Putz Prank Party, Chipper Lowel, Posessed, etc) and leaving with 2 Ghoul Time Theatre Shows (used to be 3 a night) and The Hanging.

Back in the day, I used to wish for a season pass to Scary Farm, as there was way too much to experience. Now, I can easily see every maze and the 2 shows in one night. If they brought back more entertainment, I'd happily buy a pass and visit to soak in the fun.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

I must say that we were pretty disappointed in this years Elvira show, considering it was her farewell tour at KSF. We walked out with about 5 minutes to go, it was that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Professortango View Post
        Nearly anything. Her show has been a train-wreck to watch these past few years and the entertainment budget all went to her, cutting a full offering of shows (Belly Dancers, Blood Drums, Freak Show, Hacks Improv, Dr Cleaver, Ed Alonzo, Putz Prank Party, Chipper Lowel, Posessed, etc) and leaving with 2 Ghoul Time Theatre Shows (used to be 3 a night) and The Hanging.

Back in the day, I used to wish for a season pass to Scary Farm, as there was way too much to experience. Now, I can easily see every maze and the 2 shows in one night. If they brought back more entertainment, I'd happily buy a pass and visit to soak in the fun.
        I second this! and add that I miss the torture king show more than any of the others.

Comment

I miss all those great shows Knott's used to have. I am not a big Elvira fan, and, to be honest, her show is rather hokey. I fully understand it is supposed to be cheesy, but it's cheesy in a cheesy way. I hope they use that freed up $$ to bring back some of the great "side" shows that used to be made available.

Comment

I think a show similar to hers has a place at Haunt. When Universal still had Bill and Ted I always liked the musical numbers with the year’s pop songs. It’s a nice break from the scary stuff to just see some good looking people dance for a few minutes. I remember in past years they did similar things in there, often combined with a magic act.

Comment

I'll miss Elvira. I still remember Elvira as the local horror movie host (Movie Macabre on channel 9 in the 80s) and I don't otherwise care about TV or movie "stars" or "celebrities" but seeing Elvira at Haunt has always been a blast.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X