Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time at KSF.. help

Hello all, We are going to KSF next saturday, wasn't my 1st 2nd or 3rd choice to go on a saturday but it is what it is now. Anyways I would like to get some advise on strategy to get the most out of our night. We will be getting there right at opening and staying till close. What are some of the more popular houses we should get out of the way first? Also are the normal rides that are open just as busy? Thanks for any help

What a shame you ended up having to pick a Saturday. I have been attending KSF since 1976 although there are a few years I did not attend. I used to prefer going on the Saturday closest to Halloween, just because that seemed to be more appropriate. It was frustrating, however, not to hit up all the mazes due to the crowd factor. It took me quite a while to realize a Thursday or Sunday are the best times to go. Since you don't have that option, you will need to make the most of your time.
    SInce this is your first time, I won't suggest skipping any mazes ("ToothFairy" has gotten so dull), not if you can help it. Definitely get there early. I mean, give yourself plenty of time to park, and walk up to the front entrance. Better to stand in line for half an hour, rather than get to the gate five minutes after the park has opened, and the crowd is at a frenzy.They let you thru the main front gate about fifteen minutes early, but not into the park itself. Try getting thru "Trick or Treat" first, because that is going to be a slow moving line, since they will only be allowing a certain number of guests in at a time. Remain patient, and be prepared for a bit of pushing and shoving, due to the crowds. Oh, and rowdy teens are in full force on Fridays and Saturdays, Try to have fun, and not let these minor inconveniences cast a shadow on your night. Aim for a Thursday or Sunday next year. I hope you have a decent time.

Comment

We just went last night and I highly recommend the Fright Lane pass. This was our first time using it and man what a game changer. The lines were so crazy for the mazes by 8:30/9:00pm that I felt bad for people. If you can't get one then I'd suggest what the previous poster said. It also would be a good plan to start with Trick or Treat and then continue your way clockwise around the park. There are 4 or 5 mazes pretty much stacked up back to back along the south end of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
        Hello all, We are going to KSF next saturday, wasn't my 1st 2nd or 3rd choice to go on a saturday but it is what it is now. Anyways I would like to get some advise on strategy to get the most out of our night. We will be getting there right at opening and staying till close. What are some of the more popular houses we should get out of the way first? Also are the normal rides that are open just as busy? Thanks for any help
        Do the Pre-scare Boofet Dinner if your time/budget allows for it. That'll get you in a half hour before general admission. During that time hopefully you will be able to do Trick or Treat and the three other mazes right next to it (Paranormal Inc, Tooth Fairy, and Voodoo). After them head straight to Infected and get in line for that.
        "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Comment

We went last Thursday night on all-inclusive tickets (Parking, Boo-fet, Admission, Fright Lane) at $140 or so per person. We used to go to KSF regularly many years ago, but haven't been back for I think 10 years. So this was kinda a "first time back." I thought the all-inclusive was an OK-to-good deal. Crowds were relatively light, but progressively more crowded as the night went on. For our 1/2 hour early entry, we went to the back area near Ghostrider, and did all 4 of the mazes there.: Trick or Treat, Voodoo, Tooth Fairy, Paranormal Inc. The exit/entrance lines were kinda dovetailed from one to another. We did all 4 of these twice in a row. The rest of the mazes we did only once, except for twice on Dark Ride: Infected, Red Barn, Shadowlands, Dark Ride, PumpkinEater. I think we were all done w/ the Mazes at 9:30PM.

Comment

How would someone with a fear of snakes do in Voodoo? Saw a few video walkthroughs on YouTube and really only noticed the big snake at the end. Usually big, obviously fake snakes don’t trigger anything; the one in Alice Cooper at Universal a few years ago and the big animatronic one on Indiana Jones I can handle. Little rubber ones freak me out though. From Dusk Til Dawn at Universal was hell for me.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X