Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

HangTime construction, Merry Farm, & other updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HangTime construction, Merry Farm, & other updates

I was at Knott's this past Monday (12/18). I took some photos of the HangTime construction which I haven't really taken a look at for a month or more. The work has progressed really quickly since the announcement was made in August and actual vertical construction began around the beginning of November. (you can watch construction going on via 24/7 webcams of the Boardwalk area near HangTime and Ghost Town near Calico Square on the Knott's website: knotts.com/explore/live-video, mostly when the park is closed).

Click image for larger version  Name:	HangTime 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.2 KB ID:	8543269

Click image for larger version  Name:	HangTime2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.5 KB ID:	8543270

Click image for larger version  Name:	HangTime3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.2 KB ID:	8543271

Click image for larger version  Name:	HangTime4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.7 KB ID:	8543272
    These photos were posted on my Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Hubert_Wong2/sta...66241361817600. Follow me on Twitter at @hubert_wong2 (Hubert Wong is a pen name). I usually post photos on every trip I take to Knott's.

A photo of the Knott's skyline taken from the station for Silver Bullet:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	skyline.jpg Views:	1 Size:	95.0 KB ID:	8543280

Also, the Sky Cabin (after the hours-long malfunction last New Year's Eve), which has not re-opened since the incident, has had its cabin stuck at the topmost position for several weeks, and many (if not all) of the windows have been taken out. I asked a ride operator for Coast Rider next door what is going on, and he said they are refurbishing the Sky Cabin (to make sure it is safe?), and the cabin needs to be at the top position because otherwise the cables will bang against the tower when the winds are strong.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	SkyCabin.jpg Views:	1 Size:	38.0 KB ID:	8543273

Overall the park is looking great during the holidays (Merry Farm), with decorations throughout the park, the holiday entertainment like the Snoopy ice show and the stage shows in the Bird Cage Theatre, and the crafts vendors in Ghost Town.

Here are some food photos from Santa's Cabin near Mystery Lodge.

Chocolate-dipped cheesecake on a stick:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	chocolate_cheesecake.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	8543305

Boysenberry nutella crepe:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	boysenberry crepe.jpg Views:	1 Size:	109.7 KB ID:	8543275

Peppermint cotton candy:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	cotton candy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	35.3 KB ID:	8543279

Hot chocolate and coffee:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	hot chocolate.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.2 KB ID:	8543276

I was planning to try the Christmas pizza which has sliced turkey, stuffing, turkey gravy and sweet cranberry & yam sauce (see review at http://www.ocweekly.com/restaurants/...-pizza-8618093) at the food stand next to the bumper cars in Boardwalk, but I felt the price was ridiculously high at $12.79 for a slice plus a side salad (cannot buy just the pizza).
    Last edited by SpacemanSpiff; 12-20-2017, 05:48 AM.

In case you haven't seen it, here is on-ride animation from Knott's for HangTime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnAc...ature=youtu.be

And more information about the roller coaster on their website: https://www.knotts.com/explore/hangtime

Comment

Posted by Facebook user Mike Sigmond as a comment on Knott's Network fb page yesterday.

He writes: "Looks like the final top section of track will go in tomorrow, it’s cued & strapped ready for the crane"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mike Sigmond_HangTime 12.19.2017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	8543434
      He writes: "Looks like the final top section of track will go in tomorrow, it’s cued & strapped ready for the crane"

Comment

That looks like a lot of fun!

Comment

Working...
        X