• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skyway.To.Yesterland
    Knott's Enthusiest
    • Aug 2017

Is the park's future compromised?

As long as Cedar Fair has owned Knott's, they have continuously brought the park into a state of disrepair, and have demolished classic portions of the park in order to build high-rise roller coasters, but that all changed in 2013. Matt Ouimet became the new CEO of Cedar Fair, and during his time in that position, Knott's has drastically increased in quality. including the ultimate refurbishment of The LogRide and Calico Mine Ride (two staple classics of the park), the complete restoration of every building in Calico, the start of new events, the return of the long-gone Mission models, and much more. but it was announced that this upcoming January, Mr. Ouimet will step down, in order for Richard Zimmerman to become the new CEO. so what does this mean for Knott's future? will it continue it's path of success, or return to the old ways of common CedarFair management. and what will this mean for the upcoming (and long anticipated) 100th Anniversary of the park in 2020? thoughts?
  • Mr. P
    Me Like Churros
    • Oct 2015

Cedar Fair is all about thrill rides. I would guess that they would remove unsuccessful rides and add more coasters and thrill rides.

Comment

• Eagleman
      Lord of the Sky

• Oct 2008

I be my concern....Knott's can go backwards and become Knott's junky Farm
      I sure Hope not
      Matt Ouimet did a lot .....to make the place a little bit better !
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Dutchman
        • Feb 2005

The van Gorder years of the park's management were far harder on it than Cedar Fair's

Comment

• zugzug15
          Master of Disaster
          • Jan 2005

I hope they go back to making scary farm good again. The steady decline in number of mazes and number of shows to see has made it a one visit event instead of the multiple visit event it used to be.

Comment

• Travelaround
            New MiceChatter
            • Oct 2017

You can look at the future by looking at the past.

Old Knotts Maps!

Comment

• SpacemanSpiff
              MiceChatter
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Skyway.To.Yesterland View Post
              As long as Cedar Fair has owned Knott's, they have continuously brought the park into a state of disrepair, and have demolished classic portions of the park in order to build high-rise roller coasters, but that all changed in 2013. Matt Ouimet became the new CEO of Cedar Fair, and during his time in that position, Knott's has drastically increased in quality. including the ultimate refurbishment of The LogRide and Calico Mine Ride (two staple classics of the park), the complete restoration of every building in Calico, the start of new events, the return of the long-gone Mission models, and much more. but it was announced that this upcoming January, Mr. Ouimet will step down, in order for Richard Zimmerman to become the new CEO. so what does this mean for Knott's future? will it continue it's path of success, or return to the old ways of common CedarFair management. and what will this mean for the upcoming (and long anticipated) 100th Anniversary of the park in 2020? thoughts?
              What do we know about Richard Zimmerman? Is there any reason to think he will not take where CedarFair is currently successful into account as the new CEO?

From the most recent corporate statements that were linked here, Knott's is doing exceedingly well. Profits are great in things that they upcharge like the meal plans and drinks, so I would expect more of that in the future.

I also think the success of Knott's is closely connected to emphasizing the park's history and traditions. Why would they ignore what has brought success in the last five years and run their cash cow into the ground? There's lots of skepticism in forums like this, but traditionally individuals become executives because they have good management skills and know how to run their businesses profitably.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X