Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Educated guess on how many passholders Knott's has?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Educated guess on how many passholders Knott's has?

It's been reported in multiple places that Disneyland (Resort) has about one million passholders, though I don't think that Disney has ever confirmed this.

Does anyone here have an educated guess on how many passholders there are at Knott's Berry Farm?

There's a Facebook group called Knott's Berry Farm Season Passholders with about 3200 members, though one could guess that each member on the page might have 2-3 additional family members who have passes, and lots of people do not use Facebook.

I'm not surprised that that entertainment companies do not release this kind of information, and I don't expect that they ever would, so unless someone has inside information, there's no way to really know.

By the way, do most people realize that the discount on the season or annual pass works like a supermarket membership card, in that the park can track all your spending in the park because you are using your pass with every purchase to get the discount?

Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    By the way, do most people realize that the discount on the season or annual pass works like a supermarket membership card, in that the park can track all your spending in the park because you are using your pass with every purchase to get the discount?
    I do, and I try to spend money on the things I want to stay, and I don't spend money on the things I dislike. I'm only one person but I try.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

Comment

That is going to be hard as you also have to count all Cedarfair Platinum Passholders. Other then the few of us coaster enthusiasts who own the pass to go to parks nationwide there is a large collection of platinum passholders in Ohio because Cedar Point doesn’t sell gold passes or they live in Columbus and wish to go to Kings Island and Cedar Point. I’ve technically been a Knotts Passholder for the past 3 years and haven’t been to Knotts. That will change this fall though.

Comment

Originally posted by Touchdown View Post
        That is going to be hard as you also have to count all Cedarfair Platinum Passholders. Other then the few of us coaster enthusiasts who own the pass to go to parks nationwide there is a large collection of platinum passholders in Ohio because Cedar Point doesn’t sell gold passes or they live in Columbus and wish to go to Kings Island and Cedar Point. I’ve technically been a Knotts Passholder for the past 3 years and haven’t been to Knotts. That will change this fall though.
        The reason I asked the question is that I'm interested in the comparison with the Disneyland Resort nearby, which is supposed to have (although Disney will neither confirm nor deny) roughly one million passholders.

Thus if you have a platinum Cedar Fair pass from another park, I wouldn't count that because I figure you are not a regular or even semi-regular park visitor.
        Last edited by SpacemanSpiff; 05-01-2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I asked this question on a couple of different Knott's fb groups.

One person said the number is around 40,000. She said she knows a lot of people who work at Knott's.

Two other people said that number is over 100,000. They also claimed to have friends who worked at Knott's or work at Knott's themselves.

Comment

Last edited by SpacemanSpiff; 05-09-2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X