2018 Knotts Scary Farms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post

I have not rode that thing since the 90s and I've forgotten if you get wet on it like splash Mountain at Disneyland? I'm going the week before Halloween so getting wet at night in late October would not be fun. Do you get wet?
    I usually end up wet, but not soaking. I think it depends on the composition of people in your log, too. There are certain turns where water will enter the log, and also a bit usually after the drop.

Comment

Dark Ride officially is returning.
      Only the last two mazes, all three shows (one will be The Hanging), and one "experience" have yet to be announced. All will be revealed tomorrow at the announcement event.
      "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Comment

The live-stream of the announcement event is now live on KSF's FB page.

Comment

Sierra Sidewinder, Ghostrider, and Silver Bullet will be in the dark this year.

Comment

VR Showdown will be turned into "Time Zombies." Will cost $5.

Comment

He mentioned something called Into the Fog which looks like it's going to sell original art prints.

Comment

Pumpkin Eater will have two new frightening creatures.

Comment

HangTime will get a new lighting scheme as part of the CarnEvil scarezone.

Comment

There will be seemingly spontaneous "show" moments in the Forsaken Lake scarezone.

Comment

The Hanging is back. No surprise there.

Comment

Conjure will be in the Birdcage Theatre. Magic show featured magicians on Masters of Illusion.

Comment

Hacks is returning as Hacks: Cutting Room Floor will be in the Ghoul Time Theatre.

Comment

New maze: Dark Entities
                            Outerspace themed. Alien lifeform killing everyone on a space station. Basic Alien or Event Horizon type thing going on.

Comment

New maze: The Depths
                              Creatures from caves and mine shafts. The live-stream is really screwed up right now. No one can see or hear anything.

Comment

Seeing what looks like a giant octopus on the picture for The Depths gets me super excited. And if Dark Entities ends up a cross between The Thing, Alien and Event Horizon it could very well be one of my favorite mazes in years.

Comment

In case anyone hasn't bought their Knott's Scary Farm season pass yet: the price goes up Monday.

Comment

I saw Scary Farm discount coupons at a Carl's Jr., and at a Big 5 Sporting Goods store.

We're skipping Scary Farm this & every other year so more mazes are new when we go (Universal last night & Q Mary next week), but I have to ask,
                                    was the Hanging as TERRIBLE in person as it seemed to be on the Youtube video of it?
                                    I'm normally a huge fan of The Hanging, but have been bored by their increasingly formulaic & tiresome "let's kill a bunch of pop stars" segments that even the actors on stage seem bored with.

Comment

I went on Saturday night, did the BooFet, and early entry into the park along with the Fright and Fast Lane Pass. The BooFet was good, we were seated in Spurs, towards the very back in one of the smaller rooms, seemed to be connected to the Ghost Town Grill maybe? My wife is terrified of clowns and we had a great one pay us a visit at our table. They had a lot of fun with her, pretty much was the highlight of our night. We wrapped up our dinner by 6:40pm and headed out towards the GhostRider portion of the park. On our way back there we did happen to hear someone announce something to the "MiceChat Crew" while in line for Trick or Treat as we walked by. Since I haven't met anyone here, I couldn't tell you who it was that made the announcement.

Here is my brief review of the mazes and scare zones in order from favorite to least favorite.

Mazes:

• The Depths, We thought was really well done. While it isn't particularly scary, it was beautiful inside and utilized a cool technique that simulated you walking in about waist deep water (depending on how tall you are). If you want a spoiler you can watch some youtube videos, but it doesn't even come close to capturing the essence of being in the maze.

Pumpkin Eater still was awesome, I felt like they added some new strobe effects?

ShadowLands, another great immersive environment, however they did away with the intro scene. Now you just go through it as every other maze, but still awesome.

• Dark Ride fell down my list of favorites though (was #2 for me last year), it just felt a bit lackluster this year.

Paranormal Inc, felt the same to me.

Trick'or'Treat, same o', the flashlights are still cool, however it might be time to retire it after this season?

Special Ops; Infected, didn't notice anything too different from last year.

• Dark Entities didn't really impress me much, maybe because I'm not a fan of Sci-Fi?

Red Barn, meh, maybe I'm getting old but the blood/guts/gore doesn't really sit well with me these days.

Scare Zones:

• Ghost Town, the original, this will always be #1 to me. I will say the fog was lacking at the beginning of the night, but later on it ramped up to its normal thick self

• Forsaken Lake, this was really cool, albeit felt kind of small, and this is weird to say, but almost too dark. I say that because they theming and costumes were very cool, but you really had to look hard to notice just how awesome they were.

• The Hollow, another awesome theme, I just wish there were more scaractors throughout the area, especially on the northern half of Camp Snoopy heading towards Fiesta Village

• CarnEVIL, same o' same o'. No shortage of clowns, thats for sure, and since the area is so bright, I'm not sure what else they could do there...then again, it would be awesome to see what they could come up with.

Shows:

We didn't bother watching any of the shows this year, but I did see a YouTube video of the Hanging, and like jcruise86 mentioned, it was horrible. I couldn't even finish it. I had also heard that Hacks was kind of meh. Every year we seem to have horrible timing regarding catching the magic show in The Birdcage, and this year was no different...we missed it again.

Attractions:

Log Ride Halloween Hootenanny:
                                      Felt the same to us as last year, always a great thing when they theme it for Halloween.

All in all it was cool. We were done by about 9:30pm, even with the F and F Pass, I wasn't really up to stay much longer.
                                      Last edited by BigThunda; 10-02-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunda View Post
                                        Every year we seem to have horrible timing regarding catching the magic show in The Birdcage, and this year was no different...we missed it again.
                                        It had been a few years since Knott's had put any show in The Birdcage (2012? 2013?) for Haunt so you might have missed less than you think..

Comment

Originally posted by deadwinterskies View Post

It had been a few years since Knott's had put any show in The Birdcage (2012? 2013?) for Haunt so you might have missed less than you think..
                                          Ooops, I guess you are right.

Comment

Working...
                                          X