Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knott's moving from Season Passes to Annual Passes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knott's moving from Season Passes to Annual Passes?

According to a post on a Knott's passholder Facebook group, in August Knott's will be transitioning from calendar year-Season Passes to Annual Passes good for one year from first use.

That is interesting. My wife recently bought a pass for half price since she purchased it last month. She takes our daughter to Soak City usually once a week, during the week. They have yet to step inside KBF proper.

Comment

Hmmm. They used to be on an annual pass system. I remember when they switched to season passes. Weird that they're switching back.
      "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Comment

I think this was only a rumor. I received my renewal for 2019 and it is still a calendar year pass. What they did change is the ability to spread payments out over 12 months, versus 9 in the past. This was announced during the conference call this past week. I had renewed two days prior and it showed 9 months....I logged back in yesterday and it has switched over to 12 months and payment pricing was updated to reflected that. But it was January 1 to December 31.

The only thing I can think is maybe it may be true for new pass purchases, but for those of us renewing, we wouldn't need two passes with overlapping dates of expiration.

Comment

You have to remember that Knotts is the only year round Cedarfair Park. Shortly after purchasing the paramount parks they created the Platinum Pass. The key underpinning behind that pass is that it is a “gold pass” to every Cedar Fair Park and no matter where you buy it it is the same price. Looking at the pass itself, you have to flip to the back in order to see (via a small logo) which park it is from. They wanted to equalize their pass structure nationally, and season pass fall and spring sales are simply too ingrained into marketing and pass holders at other parks that it’s just not going to happen.

Comment

You can see what they seem to be offering now as a limited time offer is a "rest of 2018 included" if you buy a 2019 pass immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by jazma View Post
              You can see what they seem to be offering now as a limited time offer is a "rest of 2018 included" if you buy a 2019 pass immediately.
              AFAIK, you can only come once in 2018 when buying a 2019 pass.
              "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Comment

^ You are correct, now at least. There was a long weekend special, that I saw, I think for Roller Coaster Day, that allowed rest of 2018 free with the purchase of a 2019 pass.

It seems some of the Cedar Fair parks have extended this offer: https://www.worldsoffun.com/tickets-.../season-passes

Comment

Working...
                X