Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about Knott's Scary Farms: Parking? Boofet? Week night crowds?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Knott's Scary Farms: Parking? Boofet? Week night crowds?

Scary farms tickets just went on sale and on their website and they are selling parking for Scary Farms for 22 dollars for parking after 4pm. Is that a deal? My wife and I were thinking of going a couple of days before Halloween but not getting the Boo-fet dinner and instead go to the regular Knott's Restaurant. But I was planning on going a little before 4pm so I was wondering if you can just pay regular parking rates for the whole night and walk over to the restaurant? Or do you have to pay for a regular general admission parking and then have to pay for Scary Farms parking as well? I don't want to park in front of the restaurant and then have to drive to one of the regular parking lots after we eat if I can help it. Also I have read that the Boofet dinner is not worth it. Any opinions on that?

Halloween is on a Wednesday night this year and we were thinking of going to Scary Farms on the Sunday or Thursday just before. Any idea how the crowds will be on that day? Should we buy the front of the line passes? I've heard on week nights the place is dead (lol) but since its so close to Halloween I just don't know?
    Which day would be better, Thursday or Sunday?

Its tough to find out anything about Scary farms. We have not been in years and unfortunately Knott's is not very forth coming with info on their website and I can't find any good websites or channels on youtube about Knott's Scary farms that goes over the nuts and bolts info about the best way things Scary Farms. Anybody know of any good Scary Farms websites? A big thanks to anyone who can give me some guidance on the best way to do Scary Farms. Thanks !!

First off, since today is August 1st, let me be the first to scream in all caps that

. . SCARY FARM IS NEXT MONTH!!!

That should cheer up some of my fellow Scary Farm freaks!

Tarheelalum, you posted to the right place and are about to get precious advice from grown up who are really into this.

I'll start by encouraging you to do the Boo-fet because you'll get into the park early and can beat the larger crowds to the mazes. Warning, the quality of the food is inconsistent from year to year.

Why are you planning on going closer to Halloween? If you can go in September
    it's less expensive, the crowds are smaller, and the monsters are fresher.

Yes, I think a Thursday would be less crowded than a Sunday, but again, September is much less crowded than late October.

Regarding parking, I didn't have trouble using my more expensive Scary Farm parking pass earlier in the afternoon. Some friends of mine & I got there early, went for a beer at a restaurant (TGI Fridays) next to & outside of the park before the first seating of the Boo-Fet. I think that when I was much younger--maybe 3 years ago--I paid for regular parking and kept the car in the lot during Scary Farm. Knott's didn't check the thousands of cars for Scary Farm parking passes that night, and I wasn't towed & thus committed the perfect crime. But now I'm more mature & get the Scary Farm parking in advance. If they offer closer VIP parking I'll skip that get the exercise and walk a little further.

Even though we live about 35 miles away, one year we stayed at the Raddison Suites Hotel on Beach Blvd, within easy walking distance of the park (if you're fit), and we loved that! That will save you the Knott's parking fees too.

Finally, consider joining Micechat on their trip to Scary Farm. Everyone is super-nice, Dusty does an outstanding job of organizing it, and you'll get extras. I've even gone on at least three Micechat Halloween outings alone and always felt welcomed. You sound like you are a bit new to this and the Micechat outing is a great way to start.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 08-01-2018, 06:37 AM.

Comment

I can only go later in the month of October due to travel with my job. Hopefully next year I'll be available earlier and I would love to do the Micechat trip. Thanks for the tip on the boof-et dinner. We really would like to get in early so I'm going to get the all inclusive tickets. Hopefully the food won't suck this year !!

Comment

I assume that I should book the earliest Boo-fet time? The times given are 5, 530 and 6pm?

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
          I assume that I should book the earliest Boo-fet time? The times given are 5, 530 and 6pm?
          I book for the earliest one because I like to just hang out in the Scary Farm atmosphere before we non-monsters are released into the park.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post

I book for the earliest one because I like to just hang out in the Scary Farm atmosphere before we non-monsters are released into the park.
            I booked the earliest one. I'm eager to see everything!!

Comment

Working...
            X