Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should Knotts 100th Anniversary bring?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should Knotts 100th Anniversary bring?

Well the celebration will most likely begin sometime in May of 2020 so that leaves us with roughly over 16 months left, enough time to bring something new to the park but this isn’t your average anniversary celebration, it’s the 100th and hopefully that means something to Cedar Fair. Rumor has it that there will be a new Ghost Town coaster but is that enough? Maybe for the Knotts adrenaline junkies but what about the Knotts traditionalists? There should be something for the families, maybe bring back some of the old charm that cedar fair took away in the first place, The Volcano maybe or The Haunted Shack? I think it’s very important that they cater to both kinds of Knotts fans. What do you think?

I hope and pray that they did not destroy one of the original berry stands back in 2003. It holds a lot of history and should be considered the cornerstone of the parks 100th anniversary. This would be great addition to the parks pending additions next year.

Comment

I would like a D-Ticket or Higher Dark Ride
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Knott’s is sorrily missing a charming family dark ride. We had one ... you all know which one I’m referring to. It got replaced when dinosaurs became the big trendy thing. Now it’s a noisy set of rooms full of projection screens where we shoot at stuff. (Another trendy thing that will go bye bye the same way those dinosaurs went, too!) Doesn’t mean Cedar Fair can’t make room somewhere for a charming, slow moving adventure that contains the same “family enjoyment” as Knott’s Bear-Y Tales. This is really a no brainer solution for Matt Oimet. He worked for the dark ride king of them all - Disney. And how could he not be aware of the millions of fans who deeply miss Bear-Y Tales and want something similar back in the park. We have enough adrenaline junkie rides in the park. For the 100th there needs to be Knott’s next dark ride adventure. I like the Peanuts characters idea!
        MY SIGNATURE:
        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Because construction time lines for show room buildings with elaborate effects and ride mechanisms take so long I’m uneasy the fact nothing serious will happen. Just filing permits takes so bloody long. I think a bunch have given up on Disney... they don’t listen to fans .... but Knott’s is a whole different kettle of fish. I’d like to think there is a contingency of select fans close to Cedar Fair ... who are applying friendly pressure on them .... on what long time fans want for Knott’s future. And what this Buena Park native and longtime fan wants is a dark ride for the 100th anniversary!!
          Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 01-26-2019, 03:12 AM.
          MY SIGNATURE:
          Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Matt Oumiet is no longer CEO of Cedar fair unfortunately. Hopefully they do bring a new dark ride, a Peanuts dark ride would be a no brainer but who knows, hopefully they’re planning already.

Comment

Matt is Executive Chairman ... so he is still a part of Cedar Fair ... with plenty of influence. We just have to hope the newer CEO Richard Zimmerman listens to Matt .... the same way Eisner did with Wells.

EDIT .....
              Correction - Richard Zimmerman was COO ... and Matt switched roles that actually puts himself more in direct line what projects move ahead and what doesn’t. So Matt has more creative control. That’s a good thing! As we know how valuable Matt is with his experience with Disney. The only thing I see to hinder things is money. The amount Cedar Fair can budget - project to project.
              Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 01-26-2019, 03:07 AM.
              MY SIGNATURE:

Comment

Before people start speculating about 2020, I'd like to see Knott's give this summer's 50th anniversary of the opening of the Log Ride the big deal it deserves.

Comment

Its amazing if the knotts could get two new rides for the 100th anniversary. but I think 2020 there will be other theme parks in the cedar fair that will have a big anniversary, so who who how much money Knotts will get. Where would the new ride go? what rides will be removed?

https://youtu.be/Q6g15vuNpBw

Comment

Working...
                  X