Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news or rumors for Haunt this year?

I know it's almost con season so probably hear something soon, just curious if any cuts, additions, etc. are floating around.

I heard that Shawdow lands is staying at Scary Farms this year. I was thinking they were going to remove it because the intro scene was cut last year. I think trick or treat might be done.
    Last edited by tarheelalum; 07-13-2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I've heard this is the last year of the mazes behind Ghostrider due to expansion needing the warehouses to be removed. Not sure if they will relocate the 2 new mazes they added last year elsewhere after this year, but I know they have contingency plans in place for where to put mazes after this year. However, that likely means this will be Paranormal Inc's final year.
      Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Expansion? Do tell...?
        Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Saw pics of the facade for whatever's replacing Trick or Treat. Curious what it'll be.

Comment

Originally posted by NGW View Post
            Saw pics of the facade for whatever's replacing Trick or Treat. Curious what it'll be.
            Ooooh, I'm excited to see what it is. Trick or Treat was a favorite of mine a few years ago, but it has worn out it's welcome. I really loved the overall classic Halloween vibe it had, just good ol' fashion costumes and what not. I know the last two years they integrated the RFID flashlights to keep it breathing, but I'm glad they are moving on.

Comment

Well I heard a rumor that the writers of this year's "The Hanging" show will not try to write the funniest & most entertaining show possible as they used to do a decade ago, but will instead ask themselves, "What will entertain the most stupid young people in the audience?"

Rather than write what they think is smart & funny, they'll say,
              "Sigh. I guess we've got to again kill the musicians as they perform their biggest hits of the year.
              This is tedious and I personally hate this section of the show, but the idiots LOVE it so our hands are tied."

Just kidding, but seriously, writers of "The Hanging," write a show that you'd love to watch.
              And feel free to kill off some politicians! (I know--you can't.)

And Knott's Scary Farm leaders, when you're planning on what you'll show the Micechat tour, please let them see the make up & costuming people at work. That was my favorite part of a Micechat tour in years past.

Thank you for starting this thread, NGW!
              The night we go to Scary Farm is one of my favorite nights of the year, & I get psyched when I see that others are also enthusiastic about it!

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunda View Post

Ooooh, I'm excited to see what it is. Trick or Treat was a favorite of mine a few years ago, but it has worn out it's welcome. I really loved the overall classic Halloween vibe it had, just good ol' fashion costumes and what not. I know the last two years they integrated the RFID flashlights to keep it breathing, but I'm glad they are moving on.
                Rumor mill is that flashlights are moving to Paranormal. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                  I heard that Shawdow lands is stay at Scary Farms this year. I was thinking they were going to remove it because the intro scene was cut last year. I think trick or treat might be done.
                  Trick or treat will be gone. And red Barn as well. That's all I have heard so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilts82 View Post

Trick or treat will be gone. And red Barn as well. That's all I have heard so far.
                    I kind of liked Trick or Treat last year with the flashlights but I understand its been around a long time. I thought Red Barn was kind of weak.

Comment

I won't miss Red Barn either. It kind of felt like a slightly different variation of Slaughter House (that was in Camp Snoopy).

Comment

I'm excited for new on the event...haven't gone in a few years and finally got some people ready to go back with me over Universal...which this year I will be taking a break from because at Knotts you can easily get through 8 mazes while Universal lines make it almost importable to have fun after an hour at the event.
                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Supposedly there was some kind of leak? Anyone hear details?

Comment

I saw a video with a screenshot showing the new facade of the former Trick or Treat. Not sure if we are allowed to post potential spoilers here so I won’t describe it. But I will say it looks promising!

Comment

With the little red devil on it?

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                                With the little red devil on it?
                                Mmmhmm.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunda View Post
                                  I saw a video with a screenshot showing the new facade of the former Trick or Treat. Not sure if we are allowed to post potential spoilers here so I won’t describe it. But I will say it looks promising!
                                  So Trick or Treat is finally gone? Thank you lord
                                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Please, oh please, let there be a Halloween stage show worthy enough to be in the Charles M Schulz Theatre this year! What they had last year was absolutely hideous and a complete waste of time! Personally, I'd love to see Elvira return. Her last show in 2017 was EPIC!!!! But if not her, at least give us a good ol' fashion Halloween variety stage show with lots of singing & dancing!!

As for, "The Hanging", do something really creative and fun with the show this year! For the last few years (especially last years show), it's been such a disappointment. Why not make it more sinister and spooky?

Personally, when I went to KSF last year it was probably the worst "Haunt" event they ever had. Everything seemed off and not well connected. It definitely wasn't worth the price of my KSF season pass. So unless they really "up their game" this year, I won't be going and supporting it.
                                    DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND

Comment

Working...
                                    X