X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the last Scary Farm for "The Hanging?"

In another thread, The Forbidden Eye wrote:

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    The Hanging: So I guess this is the final year for the Hanging. They made some changes at the end compared to the first week and they added in a projection saying RIP The Hanging. I guess the combination of guest satisfactory and the ever changing "PC" culture finally caught up to the show. I myself enjoyed the Hanging in the 10 years I've been going to Scary Farm.
    "RIP The Hanging" - this is sad if true. Yeah, it is cheesy, but I looked forward to it never-the-less.

Does anyone out there have any first hand information one way or the other?
    Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Yes. This is the last year, The RIP at the end is the announcement of it being done.

Comment

Originally posted by zugzug15 View Post
      Yes. This is the last year, The RIP at the end is the announcement of it being done.
      But when Knott's has ended other major Scary Farm shows or attractions, they have made an official announcement that this will be it's last year. They made no such announcement in the case of The Hanging (which I think they have been doing since the 70's, so it probably one of the oldest Knott's Scary Farm shows, right?)

I agree that the "RIP" projection can be interpreted at this being the final year, but it is still kind of vague and hardly the kind of clear official announcement that such a long running show merits. You'd think that Knott's would want to give fans a chance to "give their last respects" and make a formal, public announcement.

Comment

It is in fact the final year. A new show is being developed for next year.

It is possible to see a return of a “classic” style hanging next year. The director has also mentioned if the PC-ness of the world should ever calm down, then The Hanging as we know it would make a return.

As of now, the show is done. As “Evil” mentions numerous times in the show this year “you’re both cancelled” and at the end “The people of today are heading towards a dull, and lifeless society where no one can take a joke and everyone adheres to a daily boring and meaningless lifestyle, change your ways now.”

So yes, RIP The Hanging.

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
          It is in fact the final year. A new show is being developed for next year.

It is possible to see a return of a “classic” style hanging next year. The director has also mentioned if the PC-ness of the world should ever calm down, then The Hanging as we know it would make a return.

As of now, the show is done. As “Evil” mentions numerous times in the show this year “you’re both cancelled” and at the end “The people of today are heading towards a dull, and lifeless society where no one can take a joke and everyone adheres to a daily boring and meaningless lifestyle, change your ways now.”

So yes, RIP The Hanging.
          I guess I can understand why, considering the PC-ness...which is sad. At least Disney was able to "fix" POTC (for example) without killing it...but "The Hanging" is almost offensive by design.

But why didn't Knott's officially announce that this was the last year?

Comment

Originally posted by whiteness View Post

I guess I can understand why, considering the PC-ness...which is sad. At least Disney was able to "fix" POTC (for example) without killing it...but "The Hanging" is almost offensive by design.

But why didn't Knott's officially announce that this was the last year?
            The Hanging is intended to be for Adults - crude humor and satire is what drives the show. The issue is that those who don’t even watch the show simply complain because of its existence in general, or they watch it knowing that they won’t like it - then complain about it after. That is the issue here - people who express their opinions on the show when they truly don’t matter in the situation because they are not the target audience.

No announcement has been made out of the possibility that the Hanging returns as a non-satire show, where it’s just an actual 6 minute hanging show. Still entertaining, but it’ll be harder to modernize it without yearly updates as the show does now.

Comment

The Hanging is intended to be for Adults - crude humor and satire is what drives the show. The issue is that those who don’t even watch the show simply complain because of its existence in general, or they watch it knowing that they won’t like it - then complain about it after. That is the issue here - people who express their opinions on the show when they truly don’t matter in the situation because they are not the target audience.

No announcement has been made out of the possibility that the Hanging returns as a non-satire show, where it’s just an actual 6 minute hanging show. Still entertaining, but it’ll be harder to modernize it without yearly updates as the show does now.
              'Stupidly politically correct society is the death of comedy', warns veteran comedian Mel Brooks

7 famous comedians who said political correctness is killing comedy

Todd Phillips blames ‘woke culture’ for the death of comedy

Comment

A return to the non-comedic version of the hanging has potential and can also be tied in to the Origins maze as the current Hanging show is. I remembered when they did the midnight witch hanging back in 2012 for the 40th Haunt.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                Indy Ride Count: 2211
                World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Personally, I'm rather happy "the hanging" (as we know it) is going away. With everything being so PC these days, it just killed the show. I would love to see something new on that stage. Perhaps a Halloween stage show like they do during the Boysenberry Festival. Or they could return the classic hanging of the witch they used to do years ago. Time will only tell what will happen, but looking forward to something different.
                  DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X