Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knott's on pace for record attendance for 2019 as Disneyland attendance falls

Brady MacDonald at the Orange County Register reports that Knott's Berry Farm announced that it is on pace for record attendance during 2019.

This happens as Disneyland has reported a 3% drop in attendance during the year it has opened the new Star Wars Galaxy's Edge themed area and Millennium Falcon simulator ride.

Cedar Park also reported that Knott's had its best (highest grossing?) Halloween Haunt in 2019 as well.

The article states that Knott's had a great year in spite of low attendance at Disneyland, implying that record attendance from visitors to the Star Wars land would have driven up attendance at other local theme parks such as Knott's.

https://www.dailybreeze.com/2019/11/...-galaxys-edge/
    Despite of the debut of the Star Wars themed land at Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm is once again on pace to have a record attendance year.

I am no expert, but I believe that the locals are finally speaking with their wallets and are visiting KBF instead. I'm one of them. We just renewed our KBF passes for the second year in a row. My wife and daughter still have their DLR AP's, but I haven't since mine expired in 2017. I was at KBF this past Sunday and it was a zoo...holiday weekend though.
    Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

When it costs 100 dollars to go every day of the year with no blackouts vs more than 100 for a single day, there's no reason to wonder why it's been packed. It's basically a low cost hangout for locals.
      Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

I feel next year 2020
        will be better during Knott's
        100th anniversary
        - Centennial .
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by SpectroMan View Post
          When it costs 100 dollars to go every day of the year with no blackouts vs more than 100 for a single day, there's no reason to wonder why it's been packed. It's basically a low cost hangout for locals.
          Yes, a "hangout" for locals. Something which has been ruining the Disneyland experience for a long time.

Comment

What’s ruining the Disneyland experience is a management team endlessly making cuts to quality while gouging wallets like everyone is rich.

On the flip side .... Knott’s quality has been going up in recent years. And keeping it affordable for us middle class folks.
            MY SIGNATURE:
            Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X