Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knott’s $100 AP’s anyone else swayed into signing up?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Knott’s $100 AP’s anyone else swayed into signing up?

    We were planning on just grinning and bearing it and going to Disneyland for Father’s Day like we used to but that became booked up for DL single park & $800+ for a family of four parkhopper seems like a bit of a frivolous spend at a time when many are struggling financially. After a couple of days we decided Knott’s $100 AP was simply too good an offer to pass up, for less than the cost of a single day we can pop into Knott’s several times over the course of the year. I know it pails in size and scope to Disneyland and we are likely getting a DL AP as soon as they become available but for the next year we will have am option if we want to go to DL and it’s booked etc. I haven’t been to Knott’s since the 80’s and my kids haven’t gone since they were 6 & now rollercoasters are something they are starting to enjoy. I think Knott’s is being smart not only did they give local visitors a screaming deal but they are doing a 2 week preview for AP’ers and giving them priority. I am thinking they are going to hit the 35% cap consistently and may be more successful at filling their park in the coming year. I have been reading lot’s of great things about Knott’s over the past couple of years from superior food to DL to great music and ambiance etc.
    Last edited by Starcade; 05-03-2021, 08:28 AM.
    Disneyland Fan since the 70's

  • #2
    Originally posted by Starcade View Post
    I know it pails in size and scope to Disneyland and we are likely getting a DL AP as soon as they become available but for the next year we will have am option if we want to go to DL and it’s booked etc. I haven’t been to Knott’s since the 80’s and my kids haven’t gone since they were 6 & now rollercoasters are something they are starting to enjoy.
    Once I became a coaster maniac I left Disneyland behind, and that was when Knott's (and SFMM) had many less roller coasters than now. It took decades to rediscover DL, but less for the coasters and more for the unique rides, though the video of the new Berry Tales return at Knott's has me more excited than I really thought I would be. Knott's has become quite the serviceable coaster park -- GhostRider is a world-class woodie (and refurbished; ride the back), Xcelerator is a world-class launch, Silver Bullet is a better-than-average invert, HangTime has "up to date" written all over it (but I'll stick with the classics), and Montezooma's Revenge is still as big a kick as ever -- plus the lesser ones.

    I wonder if they'll have live entertainment this Summer since the 2019 Summer festival was a blast. They probably don't have to do it this Summer, depending on attendance caps, but their big new stage that replaced the upcharge ride should allow proper distancing and all five live venues they had going in 2019 were outside.

    Comment


    • #3
      I hear you about the coasters. As a teen I would be drawn to Knott's as much as DL because before DCA, DL in the early /mid 80's only had Space Mtn. Matterhorn and BTM and that was it and they are all medium thrill coasters. Montezuma's, Cork Screw and Wacky Soap Box Racers plus the Parachutes (we used to hold on to the top rail and jump when it dropped talk about an adrenalin surge) were enough to draw me in. Sadly only Montezuma's is still there but the rest will be all new to me so I am excited to try them out.
      Disneyland Fan since the 70's

      Comment


      • #4
        Question about season passes, Knott’s has a history of selling passes that are not a full calendar year, they always expire on December 31st, is that the case this year as well even though the park has almost been closed for half the year already?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MAC1986 View Post
          Question about season passes, Knott’s has a history of selling passes that are not a full calendar year, they always expire on December 31st, is that the case this year as well even though the park has almost been closed for half the year already?
          This year they made a huge deal about promoting "All passes purchased before May 5th will be good until May 5th 2022" but also I am hearing that those who bought a pass after May 5th have been claiming their passes are also showing they are good for an entire 12 month period as well.

          I have not been able to confirm it for those that purchased after May 5th and currently the site says add ons expire Dec. 31st 2021 so I am not sure? But if you bought it a week a go you are good until this time next year.
          Disneyland Fan since the 70's

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Starcade View Post
            We were planning on just grinning and bearing it and going to Disneyland for Father’s Day like we used to but that became booked up for DL single park & $800+ for a family of four parkhopper seems like a bit of a frivolous spend at a time when many are struggling financially. After a couple of days we decided Knott’s $100 AP was simply too good an offer to pass up, for less than the cost of a single day we can pop into Knott’s several times over the course of the year. I know it pails in size and scope to Disneyland and we are likely getting a DL AP as soon as they become available but for the next year we will have am option if we want to go to DL and it’s booked etc. I haven’t been to Knott’s since the 80’s and my kids haven’t gone since they were 6 & now rollercoasters are something they are starting to enjoy. I think Knott’s is being smart not only did they give local visitors a screaming deal but they are doing a 2 week preview for AP’ers and giving them priority. I am thinking they are going to hit the 35% cap consistently and may be more successful at filling their park in the coming year. I have been reading lot’s of great things about Knott’s over the past couple of years from superior food to DL to great music and ambiance etc.
            And do not forget, they still have their creative team, you know, remain actually "creative." While I love Disney too, it's nice to have a park embracing original ideas.
            2012-2015 Era DCA rides/attractions we went on regularly:
            Soarin' Over California
            Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
            Radiator Springs Racers
            Grizzly River Run
            California Screamin'
            Aladdin-A Musical Spectacular

            2019 Era-Present DCA rides/attractions we go on regularly:
            Grizzly River Run
            Radiator Springs Racers
            Incredicoaster

            Comment


            • #7
              Starcade, you've been a roll on Micechat lately! Thank you! I plan on getting a Knott's AP ASAP.

              Comment


              • #8
                UPDATE: I'm now the owner of a Platinum Pass, and getting the pass was reasonably easy.
                Last edited by jcruise86; 06-08-2021, 07:05 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  (Deleted.)
                  Last edited by jcruise86; 06-08-2021, 07:05 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Starcade View Post

                    This year they made a huge deal about promoting "All passes purchased before May 5th will be good until May 5th 2022" but also I am hearing that those who bought a pass after May 5th have been claiming their passes are also showing they are good for an entire 12 month period as well.

                    I have not been able to confirm it for those that purchased after May 5th and currently the site says add ons expire Dec. 31st 2021 so I am not sure? But if you bought it a week ago you are good until this time next year.
                    I believe my pass is good only till December 31,


                    The following is an immature rant, inspired by my temporary inability to reserve a day to enter Knott's Berry Farm. (I finally got it.) So since I was finally able to reserve a day I am shrinking it (you can zoom in) but not deleting it in case any of you are bored and have already watched each season of Breaking Bad & Queen's Gambit three times & need something Disney-related to read.

                    . . . which would still be a fine deal (over 6 months) if I were able to make a reservation to get into the park. I was not able to make a reservation this afternoon to enter the park because Knott's' system is so g-- [email protected] glitchy! The first day I'd hoped we could visit two weeks from now is sold out, despite that I have a Platinum Pass, and when I tried to make reservation for a weekday that is not sold out I was unable to do so because the system is, again, glitchy. Call them you say? I tried repeatedly, but was informed that "the call center is closed" even though I called before 6pm when it is supposed to be open 7 days a week.

                    I haven't been this annoyed with any company since Disney...

                    1. replaced the Peoplemover with Rocket Rods, then closed rocket Rods and didn't bring back the Peoplemover. If they need to build a new track, build a new track.

                    2. replaced the Golden Horseshoe Revue with a series of things vastly inferior to the Golden Horseshoe Revue. Yes, I liked the Billies, but they are vastly inferior to the Horseshoe Revue. If you never experienced the Horseshoe Revue, your lives are not as wonderful as they'd be if you had --at least not as wonderful in terms of Frontierland show memories.

                    3. jacked up the prices at Woody's Roundup so ridiculously much that for about the only time in Disney's history, they had to then sort of lower prices, though they changed the menu slightly so it was slightly less obvious that they'd screwed up.

                    4. A waiter at Cathey Circle brought us a really, really dry pork then spent so much time socializing with friends who'd stopped by and were seated at another table that she never stopped by our table again. I know I should've walked over, but hadn't thought it necessary. I never ate at that restaurant again, even though I now believe AJ's (DFB) rule, "The only thing consistent about Disney restaurants is their inconsistency.

                    5. replaced Soarin' Over CA with Soarin' over the World, as if the rest of the World were = to CA. Additional point deduction: unless you're sitting in the center of Soarin' Over the World, everything including pyramids are badly bent. Glad CA is back.

                    6. added cheap-looking Incredibles figures to DCA's otherwise nice coaster.

                    7. replaced (eventually) the educational, ambitious Golden Dreams multi-media experience (that I would probably still see every other year like Mr. Lincoln) with a Little Mermaid ride that obviously had its budget slashed from what Imagineers had dreamed up. Most painful long moment: the Under the Sea scene. This should've TRIED to surpass the HM's ballroom. Instead it's boring.

                    8. Bob Chapek promising (at D23) a more impressive Galaxy's Edge than what was delivered. Bad show, Bob. You need to go ASAP. And, Disney board, don't replace him with Bob ("See the IP I just paid billions for?!") Iger. Make Lasseter spend a year in full-time sensitivity training, then make him or one of the following CEO: Jeffrey Katzenberg, Matt Ouimet, one of three Universal executives responsible for the Wizarding Worlds fo Harry Potter. Brad Bird (or another Pixer person) after they audit a couple MBA classes at UCLA , USC, Stanford or Berkeley. Yes, these guys are pretty old and do not bring any gender or racial diversity to the board table, but they'll do for 2 to three years till you find a CEO who is a potential Walt or (during his first ten years) Eisner. And listen to Warren Buffet (Yes, I know he has tens of billions.): You don't have to pay more than a couple million a year for an excellent CEO. Disney led this trend toward ridiculously overpaid executives in the 1980s & 90s with Eisner & Wells' stupid contracts. Now lead American capitalism back to a more equitable society.

                    That's it, besides those 8 things Disney did,
                    NOTHING has annoyed me more than Knott's' glitchy system or reserving a day to get into their Berry Farm park.
                    Last edited by jcruise86; 06-09-2021, 01:41 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Problem solved by improvising with the lead provided by STARCADE in his post #12 below! Thanks, Starcade!

                      I love Knott's again.
                      Last edited by jcruise86; 06-09-2021, 01:39 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                        I want to switch a reservation from on day to another. Bot days are still available, but I can only have one, and I can'f find anywhere on their website to cancel, and when I've called a recording told me they have so many calls that they can't take mine and I should call back later. Consider waiting till after reservations are necessary to buy a Knott's pass. I regret getting mine.
                        I agree the being able to hold only one reservation at a time is a bummer, I found the same issue to be problematic with my kids Flex Ap's for Disney if we had a three day staycation trip planned it was a gamble if we could still get that last day after going our first.

                        If you go to reservations on the Knott's App or website it appears if you try and book the different day at that point it gives you the option to override your previous reservation.

                        Update: I just went to the website and on there you can view your reservations and through the calendar picker you simply can pick a different day and then click save changes and it updates you to a different day.
                        Last edited by Starcade; 06-09-2021, 10:34 AM.
                        Disneyland Fan since the 70's

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post



                          That's it, besides those 8 things Disney did,
                          NOTHING has annoyed me more than Knott's' glitchy system or reserving a day to get into their Berry Farm park.
                          This gets my vote for rant of the year
                          Brian the Pooh

                          Comment

                          Get Away Today Footer

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X