Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Knott's also be lifting Mask requirements after June 15th?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Knott's also be lifting Mask requirements after June 15th?

Seems DLR will only require guests to wear masks on the Buses from Toy Story ( and possibly trams if they return ) With Knott;s seemingly being more progressive in the loosening of restrictions than Disney will Knott's also remove the requirements for masks?
    Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
    Seems DLR will only require guests to wear masks on the Buses from Toy Story ( and possibly trams if they return ) With Knott;s seemingly being more progressive in the loosening of restrictions than Disney will Knott's also remove the requirements for masks?
    I don't see why they would need them on the trams or buses either. How would wearing a mask on the tram be demanded if you aren't asked to wear a mask on any other "ride" where you are just as close to other people? I just don't get where they would be getting "the science" behind that kind of illogical demand?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Leaky War Canoe View Post

I don't see why they would need them on the trams or buses either. How would wearing a mask on the tram be demanded if you aren't asked to wear a mask on any other "ride" where you are just as close to other people? I just don't get where they would be getting "the science" behind that kind of illogical demand?
      Only thing I can see is out of courtesy to the driver who may or may not be vaccinated.

Comment

Only thing I can see is out of courtesy to the driver who may or may not be vaccinated.
        Why would the driver not be vaccinated at this point I ask? If he has refused getting the vaccine, then what would me (someone who has been vaccinated) offer him any more protection from?

Comment

Why would the driver not be vaccinated at this point I ask? If he has refused getting the vaccine, then what would me (someone who has been vaccinated) offer him any more protection from?
          A lot of people are still not vaccinated. Since there is no way to verify ( well there there is but half the country would whine freedumb if they tried to do it ) who is vaccinated and who it is lying so because of that some companies out of courtesy to their drivers who may yet to be vaccinated may require masks in these instances. It really is not too much to ask for people to wear a mask on a short tram or bus ride.

Also remember everyone milage may very it's not always as easy to get vaccinated for some people depending on their work schedules and family needs and location. many got the first does but have been unfortunate in getting a time and place for their second that meets their schedule with many mass max sites now closed. For my kids it took a week longer then we wanted to get their second dose as even we in an affluent area kept having too many conflicts with their schedule and appt availability. I am not saying this is the case for everyone but it really hasn't been that long that everyone has been eligible. In a month I think we will be closer to everyone that needs to get vaccinated all being able to do so for their second does.

Comment

A lot of people are still not vaccinated.
            Why? We are talking about Southern California, and here the vaccines are abundantly available.

Since there is no way to verify ( well there there is but half the country would whine freedumb if they tried to do it ) who is vaccinated and who it is lying so because of that some companies out of courtesy to their drivers who may yet to be vaccinated may require masks in these instances. It really is not too much to ask for people to wear a mask on a short tram or bus ride.
            Why would a driver need to verify who on his bus has or has not been vaccinated if he has been vaccinated, and therefore no longer needs to worry about it? This isn't a political issue, it is about common sense. The vaccine is available to all for free, and therefore that is the solution.

Also remember everyone milage may very it's not always as easy to get vaccinated for some people depending on their work schedules and family needs and location. many got the first does but have been unfortunate in getting a time and place for their second that meets their schedule with many mass max sites now closed.
            Sorry, but not buying that, not if we are talking about Knott's or Disney employees. I'm 100% certain that there are plenty of CVS, RiteAid, and other pharmacies within walking distance from those people's homes, jobs, or bus stops, where they could schedule vaccine appointments. If they are capable enough to get to work on time to drive a bus or a tram, they are capable of scheduling a vaccine appointment. And besides, their companies have allowed them PAID TIME OFF to get the vaccines, so again, no excuses.

For my kids it took a week longer then we wanted to get their second dose as even we in an affluent area kept having too many conflicts with their schedule and appt availability. I am not saying this is the case for everyone but it really hasn't been that long that everyone has been eligible. In a month I think we will be closer to everyone that needs to get vaccinated all being able to do so for their second does.
            Sorry, but I live in SoCal too, and it was easy to schedule appointments months ago. We got ours at CVS; it was a simple process to do an online appointment, and at the time of the first appointment, the 2nd one was already scheduled. It was very easy, and there was multi language appointment contacts as well.

If anyone had not at this point gotten the vaccine when it has been so easy to do, then all I can say is they can stay home and not work. I don't feel we need to hold up the rest of the country for those who are not making their own health a priority.

Comment

Why? We are talking about Southern California, and here the vaccines are abundantly available.
              They are your right but again you're comparing everyone else's lives and situation to your own which are not all similar.

Why would a driver need to verify who on his bus has or has not been vaccinated if he has been vaccinated, and therefore no longer needs to worry about it? This isn't a political issue, it is about common sense. The vaccine is available to all for free, and therefore that is the solution.
              I agree everyone should be vaccinated but you have to understand they are all not.

Sorry, but not buying that, not if we are talking about Knott's or Disney employees. I'm 100% certain that there are plenty of CVS, RiteAid, and other pharmacies within walking distance from those people's homes, jobs, or bus stops, where they could schedule vaccine appointments. If they are capable enough to get to work on time to drive a bus or a tram, they are capable of scheduling a vaccine appointment. And besides, their companies have allowed them PAID TIME OFF to get the vaccines, so again, no excuses.
              You seem to like absolutes I think this is where you are missing the point.

Sorry, but I live in SoCal too, and it was easy to schedule appointments months ago. We got ours at CVS; it was a simple process to do an online appointment, and at the time of the first appointment, the 2nd one was already scheduled. It was very easy, and there was multi language appointment contacts as well.
              My kids got their first dosage like the majority at a max vaccination site, it closed before their second dosage and it took us a week to find a location in our area where they both could get there second dose and did not conflict with there school and our work schedules as well as other appointments. It was very much a priority yet still took us a week to accomplish there are still a tone of folks that just this week became eligible for their second dose. In a couple of weeks most of them will have gotten their second dosage and then they have to wait a week for the does to be fully effective. We are close but some patience is still needed.

If anyone had not at this point gotten the vaccine when it has been so easy to do, then all I can say is they can stay home and not work. I don't feel we need to hold up the rest of the country for those who are not making their own health a priority.
              Nobody is holding up the country DLR is just trying to support their staff a lil bit to ensure they are not the liable to rushing things and putting people in harms way. It's their property if they want to require you to wear mask and a purple paisley jumpsuit to tenter the park that is their prerogative.

Look Chief I hear you on all your wants but you gotta be able to see there is some loose ends that need to be fixed and will be shortly so it just needs a lil more time. I want to go mask free at DLR as much as the next person and I personally do not feel in harms way anymore after being fully vaccinated as well as a my entire family, but I can handle waiting 3-5 more weeks for those that are not as capable as myself to catch up. I am not excited about having to do so but we live in a society.

Comment

They are your right but again you're comparing everyone else's lives and situation to your own which are not all similar.
                Again, the subject is focused on the parks, and what should be the policies for guests and employees. So, not really just about my situation, but about the reality of the current state of the pandemic, and the logic of no longer demanding mask for vaccinated people.

I agree everyone should be vaccinated but you have to understand they are all not.
                I do understand that, and you know what? In another year there still will be people who are not vaccinated, and it will clearly then only be due to their choice. All I am saying, and this is where you and I seem to differ, is that "choice" is currently behind why some are still not vaccinated, and again, focusing on those bus and or tram drivers in the park which were used as a possible example. In another year they still won't be vaccinated, so I say we can't expect people out of "courtesy" to be demanded to wear a mask for them.

You seem to like absolutes I think this is where you are missing the point.
                When talking about managing employees, yes I tend to think tn terms of absolutes.
                Yes, you will be to work on time ready to work.
                Yes, you will wear the proper uniform and have the required grooming.
                Yes, you will abide by company rules.
                Yes you will actually work while on the clock, and refrain from personal activities other than during your lunch break.

And in terms of this covid vaccine thing. Yes, we have provided you paid time off to get the vaccine should you choose to do so.
                And NO, we will not be forcing other employees or guests to wear a mask just because you are unwilling or unable to get the vaccine for yourself by such and such date.

So yeah, some absolutes are kind of necessary when you are running a business, especially one which deals a massive amount of customers/guests. Maybe I'm old fashioned in that regard. I would go so far as to say that if an employee refuses to get a vaccine, then they must sign a waiver, and then beyond that no guarantee of hours or employment if the virus flares up again.

My kids got their first dosage like the majority at a max vaccination site, it closed before their second dosage and it took us a week to find a location in our area where they both could get there second dose and did not conflict with there school and our work schedules as well as other appointments. It was very much a priority yet still took us a week to accomplish there are still a tone of folks that just this week became eligible for their second dose. In a couple of weeks most of them will have gotten their second dosage and then they have to wait a week for the does to be fully effective. We are close but some patience is still needed.
                My sister went out at waited for hours for the vaccination at Dodgers stadium, and then still had to go back again for the 2nd one. NO THANKS!

I made our appointments at CVS and it was simple. Took a few times because the system was busy; cleared my browser over and over, and finally got in. Then for the kids it was really booked up, so I just went onto their Spanish language link (I don't speak Spanish but could figure it out with the help of Google translate) and made the kids' appointment that way. For some reason the Spanish language link had only a fraction of the online traffic compared to English, but well---- I guess that makes me smarter than the average bear LOL.

My point: where there is a will, there is always a way. Just get 'er done my pop would say. Failure is not an option.

Nobody is holding up the country DLR is just trying to support their staff a lil bit to ensure they are not the liable to rushing things and putting people in harms way.
                I think they have had more than enough time an opportunity. And as I pointed out it a different thread; my brother and his family went to DLR recently and took many photos of people with mask down under their chins in the lines, and food areas, and not being instructed to follow DLR's own mask rules. There were even some CMs with masks below their noses---so, I think it kind of silly to say anything about "harms way" when they are not really enforcing their own rules at this point anyway. Just seems like some window dressing to the matter really.

It's their property if they want to require you to wear mask and a purple paisley jumpsuit to enter the park that is their prerogative.
                That is an interesting topic, and one I'm sure which will end up in the courts with some businesses. Some people have compared a rule like that to a dress code at a restaurant, but I think the courts will say no that idea, as a dress code is not based on any science or health. Requiring proper shoes for safety would be a better comparison, but again, when there is no science supporting an actual health reason to demand masks, I don't think a company can demand at least guests to wear them. Something like that would tend to seem like retaliation for reasons other than their stated goal. A counter argument will eventually be that mask are NOT healthy for many to wear, and clearly inhibit efficient breathing.

Look Chief I hear you on all your wants but you gotta be able to see there is some loose ends that need to be fixed and will be shortly so it just needs a lil more time. I want to go mask free at DLR as much as the next person and I personally do not feel in harms way anymore after being fully vaccinated as well as a my entire family, but I can handle waiting 3-5 more weeks for those that are not as capable as myself to catch up. I am not excited about having to do so but we live in a society.
                We are not really at odds here, and I appreciate the spirited conversation, especially as it is being respectful. I too want people to be safe and healthy, but I think I'm tending more toward that side which wants to put out the "tough love" for people, so they stop worrying about things they don't need to worry about, then beyond that get over the mask as some security blanket feeling.

Yesterday I saw a guy riding his bike on busy street, not wearing a helmet, and riding with NO HANDS on the handlebars, but he was wearing a mask. The total irony of that image made me laugh. No problem riding with no hands on a busy blvd where just one uneven bump could send him and his bike in front or under a car. And no problem despite the risky riding habit of no hands also not wearing a helmet. But for some reason the mask was a priority? I just laughed. Crazy times I figured.

Comment

Requiring proper shoes for safety would be a better comparison, but again, when there is no science supporting an actual health reason to demand masks,
                  There are actually many scientific reasons supported by pretty much every major medical expert involved in the fight against Covid that masks are effective in fighting the spread with or without vaccines.

I don't think a company can demand at least guests to wear them. Something like that would tend to seem like retaliation for reasons other than their stated goal. A counter argument will eventually be that mask are NOT healthy for many to wear, and clearly inhibit efficient breathing.
                  A company is within their right to require all employees wear a mask. There was a recent case about not just requiring a mask but requiring all employees to be vaccinated and the Judge sided on the side of the employer setting new precedent. It is actually more shocking then people realize just how much you can impose legally as far as requirements to employees. Businesses tend to hold off making ridiculous rules as they do not want high turnaround.

We are not really at odds here, and I appreciate the spirited conversation, especially as it is being respectful. I too want people to be safe and healthy, but I think I'm tending more toward that side which wants to put out the "tough love" for people, so they stop worrying about things they don't need to worry about, then beyond that get over the mask as some security blanket feeling.
                  I agree if we were arguing I think I would have moved on long ago. Debating is good and I think we are debating similar point of the same subject just the timing of said points is where we differ.

Yesterday I saw a guy riding his bike on busy street, not wearing a helmet, and riding with NO HANDS on the handlebars, but he was wearing a mask. The total irony of that image made me laugh. No problem riding with no hands on a busy blvd where just one uneven bump could send him and his bike in front or under a car. And no problem despite the risky riding habit of no hands also not wearing a helmet. But for some reason the mask was a priority? I just laughed. Crazy times I figured.
                  I feel the same way when I see somebody leaving a gym and then having a cigarette. lol!

Comment

There are actually many scientific reasons supported by pretty much every major medical expert involved in the fight against Covid that masks are effective in fighting the spread with or without vaccines.
                    Yeah, and I'm not 100% convinced. I find it very unfortunate that over the preceding year far too many politics were allowed to creep into the covid discussions, not talking about here, but just in general. All of that creating a lot of confusion and mistrust; too many flip-flops, and similar. Eventually the facts will be all known, and I can appreciate there being a learning curve to anything. But still, I just don't like the way politicians handled this. Some were better than others, but there never was a unified approach. All that does is create doubts.

And that being said, people like you and I have not ignored the seriousness of this. Neither of us are anti vax, and we have taken care of ourselves and our families. Which I think means we have a good reason to discuss this, as we aren't the problem.

A company is within their right to require all employees wear a mask. There was a recent case about not just requiring a mask but requiring all employees to be vaccinated and the Judge sided on the side of the employer setting new precedent.
                    The case I read the other day wasn't over masks, but over vaccines, and it was a case where hospital employees were suing their employer (hospital) because the hospital required the medical staff to get vaccinated as a condition of continued employment, and some employees claimed that was coercion, but the judge didn't buy it. I agree with that decision, it is after all a hospital, where there are very at risk people concentrated. No different to me than requiring measles shots for healthcare workers. The judge said there were free to not get vaccinated, and their employer free to terminate them.

My thing with the masks, is sure, you may require visitors to hospitals to wear a mask, but asking someone going into a shopping mall to wear a mask seems like an overreach which isn't supported by science---as the infection numbers have gone down.

It is actually more shocking then people realize just how much you can impose legally as far as requirements to employees. Businesses tend to hold off making ridiculous rules as they do not want high turnaround.
                    I like rules, especially for businesses. I like grooming requirements for employees, dress codes, safety requirements where they are appropriate, and all of that. In a retail or service industry many rules which some employees may feel are ridiculous, are actually with customers in mind. So, that Grateful Dead tye dye shirt for a bank teller may feel comfortable to the employee, but become a big turn off to potential depositors at the bank. Disney was always big on those rules, and yet I feel they may be backing off on some now--- like you said, to retain employees. I could no longer manage some younger people, especially the ones with cell phones attached to their hands all the time. I used to make people work--- a bit of a taskmaster, but all about the customer and/or the bottom line. There is a reason it is called work and not leisure.

I agree if we were arguing I think I would have moved on long ago. Debating is good and I think we are debating similar point of the same subject just the timing of said points is where we differ.
                    Yeah, we aren't being contentious, just talking about a very important subject, one which has affected lives and businesses too. Finding a balance is necessary now, viable businesses are crucial to a continued prosperity for people with good jobs. But adding restrictions which limit attendance, or encumber business, if that is no longer necessary can only drive up costs, and/or cause closures.

I think this will get figured out eventually, but I would really hate for businesses to force some mandates which are not supported by a real need. If we leave everything to politicians, risk management execs, and lawyers, we will be going backward, not forward. I trust most people to make themselves safe if they are given the straight facts.

Comment

I went yesterday and nobody was wearing masks maybe 1 out of every 50+ guests. Knott's employee's where all wearing masks but guests were maskless.

Comment

I went yesterday and nobody was wearing masks maybe 1 out of every 50+ guests. Knott's employee's where all wearing masks but guests were maskless.
                        Sounds like great news!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X