Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Xcelerator always closed?

Am I the only one who feels Xelerator is perpetually closed? We have been going now for almost a year about once a month and I have only seen it running once in that time? Does anyone know why it seldom runs. I have been wanting to go on it for months and itls never running.
    Disneyland Fan since the 70's

For a while last year I think they were refurbishing it (I saw them repainting it). It was open when I went in March. It was my first time riding it, and it was quite fun, although very short. If it's closed now, it must just be mechanical issues.
    ā€œI think, therefore I am... confused.ā€
    ā€• Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Comment

It's an Intamin ride, they are fraught with issues. CF owns one other of this particular type of coaster, it's a Cedar Point. Check out the status of that one. Plus there is one like it at SF Great Adventure. During the Kinzel era Cedar Fair bought a lot of rides from them. He retired, and they are no longer on the preferred vendor list....

Comment

I used to LOVE Xcelerator, but I went during Scary Farm in 2021 and it was painful and kind of awful for me to ride.

I'd wanted to go to Cedar Fair again because I've never ridden the similar but twice as tall Top Thill Dragster,
        but now it's not in my top ten places I want to visit list. (I've read that Top Thrill D. is better than the even taller Kingda Ka at the 6 Flags in NJ.)

Comment

The fate of TDD is up in the air. After the incident last year, it will not reopen this year. While the state investigation has been completed, there has been no comment from corporate about it's future. Fan base seems to think they are waiting for parts, while industry insiders are of the mindset that it is done. It's been a maintenance nightmare most of it's life

Comment

I actually saw a write up on it on another theme park fan site and they mentioned in the article that Knotts will not confirm or deny that the ride is opening any time soon and may in fact be getting ready for removal. I guess a woman was badly injured at Cedar Faire's version recently when a piece of metal fell off the coaster hitting her while she was in the queue. I never got to ride it bummer that it might be going away for good. For such a simple coaster it has a huge foot print so if it does go away maybe Knotts can put something even more fun in it's place. Fingers crossed the safety issue is resolved and it re-opens or they replace it swiftly before they start losing their recent momentum of popularity due to Disney's over reaching.
            Last edited by Starcade; 06-10-2022, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
              I actually saw a write up on it on another theme park fan site and they mentioned in the article that Knotts will not confirm or deny that the ride is basically on the fence and may in fact be getting ready for removal. I guess a woman was badly injured at Cedar Faire when a piece of metal fell off the coaster hitting her while she was in the queue. I never got to ride it bummer that it might be going away for good. For such a simple coaster it has a huge foot print so if it does go away maybe Knotts can put something even more fun in it's place. Fingers crossed the safety issue is resolved and it re-opens or they replace it swiftly before they start losing their recent momentum of popularity due to Disney's over reaching.
              Hopeing -Maybe
              Knott's can put in a Family attraction,in it place .........
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Well, Top Thrill Dragster has been officially retired. It's wait and see what happens with Xcellerator now https://twitter.com/cedarpoint/statu...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  Well, Top Thrill Dragster has been officially retired. It's wait and see what happens with Xcellerator now https://twitter.com/cedarpoint/statu...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
                  Bummer.

Comment

I was reading about this as well. I agree it's only a matter of time before they begin to disassemble and announce Xelerators closing. It quite the foot print and I am hoping they bring in another attraction in it's place.
                    Last edited by Starcade; 09-23-2022, 12:40 PM.

Comment

I still like to see more Family Attractions at Knott's = than trill rides-roller coaster-IMO
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Yes I agree more family attractions are needed at Knott's if they want to maintain there current momentum.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X