This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFMM Thomas Town opens

I didn't even realize until I read this in the local paper. http://www.the-signal.com/news/article/2229/

Will try to get over there this weekend to take some pics.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Re: SFMM Thomas Town opens

Wow, I didn't know it was opening already.

Just as an FYI, the "Percy Coaster" is goliath Jr. They just switched it around.

Comment

anyone have any pictures?
      Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Went this past weekend. Its uh... pretty lame. Its a little corner of the park with a train that looked pretty bland. Not much other than just the one ride (train) and a Thomas store, oh and a water play area which is just a crane dude dropping a little water.
        Everybody's got a laughin' place-
        trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

Why can't they have a Thomas dark ride that takes kids into the world of Sodor for a few minutes? This is what will draw the families with kids into the parks over and over again, but how much do you want to bet they'll install an insipid Harold the helicopter spin-in-a-circle flat ride instead?

Comment

Saw it today (sorry no pics) and yes, it is lame. The speakers on the train had feedback in all the cars, and you couldn't understand the conductor. I agree with Coast21. They didn't even finish the landscaping. Several bushes still sitting in pots and no attempt made to mask Goliath with trees. No wonder they didn't advertise it was open.
            "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

While I have no plans to drive to SFMM on account of $4.50 a gallon gas I am a little disappointed to hear this didn't go over so well. If anyone is able to take pictures please do so. My kids are Thomas fans (not huge ones, mainly centered on being rail fans in general). Like I said no immediate plans to go there anytime soon, but I always like to know the alternatives.

I had honestly hoped that Knott's would do SOMETHING with the small train in Camp Snoopy... I was shocked to see how sad it has become.
              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Thomas Town was never made to be the next big kiddie land. It was really more of a step in the right direction for the park and some small enhancements to the experience.
                KABLAM!

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                  While I have no plans to drive to SFMM on account of $4.50 a gallon gas I am a little disappointed to hear this didn't go over so well. If anyone is able to take pictures please do so.
                  I will probably be there in the next couple of days.....will try to remember the camera.

Comment

Theme Park Review has a great update and video of the area, looks good in my book
                    http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks...23&linkid=2637

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X