• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joshrzmeup
    MiceChatter
    • Mar 2006

Possible new King's Island coaster?

This is from Channel 5 here in Cincinnati. This is what they think (based on current construction) that the new ride will be like, even if the park won't say anything about it.

Stay in the know. Get the latest Cincinnati news, weather and sports from the team at Ohio’s own WLWT.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban
  • FrumiousBoojum
    Huh?
    • Jan 2005

Re: Possible new King's Island coaster?

Hmmm.... haven't been to King's Island in years. Have they gotten any better since the Cedar Fair buyout?

It was getting rather shabby under Paramount... loved some of the Paramount touches, just not what they eventually did to a once-great park.
    -Tim

Comment

• sir clinksalot
      MiceChatter
      • Feb 2005

Has any park gotten better under Cedar Fair?

Comment

• Monkey joe
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
        They give us Firehwark formerly X-Flight last year. This year, we got nothing at all except some small new shows. Now I have been pass holder for about three years now and I think that Cedar Fair doing an okay job, they could do way better. Especially with how they remove all of the Paramount themeing. Top Gun, I mean Flight Deck looks sad without theming.
        Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

• Joshrzmeup
          MiceChatter
          • Mar 2006

Better? No. Worse? Not really. Nothing exciting or amazing has been done to the park, with the exception of media stunts to draw people into the park, such as Robbie Kinevel or the Tightrope walker for the 4th of July.
          Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

• FrumiousBoojum
            Huh?
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
            Top Gun, I mean Flight Deck looks sad without theming.
            That's pretty sad, especially considering that the ride had rather minimal theming in the first place.

About as sad as Paramount was starting to get with the park. I mean, just because you're a movie studio with a park, it doesn't mean absolutely *everything* needs to have a movie theme. They were getting rather ludicrous with the renaming of pre-Paramount attractions to movie-based names.

I think the last time I was there was a year before Tomb Raider opened. The upkeep of the park was rather bad... biggest reason why I've had little desire to go back since then. The other reasons had to do with time and money.
            -Tim

Comment

• GhostHost2
              MiceChatter
              • Jun 2007

Cedar Fair is responsible for the horrible new names of rides at the previously Paramount owned parks. I mean anyone can come up with a name better than Flight Deck. I would like Kings Island to get another themed attraction like Tomb Raider or The Italian Job, but better and longer.

Comment

• Joshrzmeup
                MiceChatter
                • Mar 2006

Next time I go, i'll take some pics of signs around where the ride area is. Signs like "ride sally ride", "Slippery when wet", etc.

Plus there is digging in a ravine behind the crypt. If you take the train, you can see it clearly being worked on and footers being poured, so I think this'll be a major coaster that will somehow go in between or over the crypt and near the beast and then near white water canyon.

Comment

• aimster
                  Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                  Outside of Cedar Point?

Comment

• Monkey joe
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                    Outside of Cedar Point?
                    Cedar Fair is the company that owns Kings Island and Cedar Point.
                    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

• Joshrzmeup
                      MiceChatter
                      • Mar 2006

The Dayton Daily News is reporting that it will be a Hypercoaster, according to the plans filed with the city of Mason (where the park is located).

Comment

• Monkey joe
                        • Apr 2005

It will be like Benemonth at Canada' Wonderland but bigger and better.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X