Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 San Diego County Fair

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2008 San Diego County Fair

    To those of you who did go to the 2008 San Diego County Fair did you guys think this year was better than last year? I thought the funzone midway had some space for a few more rides but that was made just by riding Evolution. Oh Yeah!
    sigpicRocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

    "From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

  • #2
    Re: 2008 San Diego County Fair

    I'm not really into the Fair's rides as most of them are meant to induce nausea. Some people love Fair rides, but the only one I really ride at the "Del Mar Fair" is the Crazy Mouse one.

    I prefer the food and the exhibits! I leave the rides for when I go to Universal, Disney, and Six Flags.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 2008 San Diego County Fair

      I agree with Wreckless. I mainly go for food, exhibits, atmosphere, etc. over rides. Though i did go on Crazy Mouse and was scared for my life! I also went on the double swing, that was fun. Most of those rides are so freaky and I would more then likely lose my guts on half of them. The craziest i will do is the Zipper. The fair seems the same every single year.


      Facebook me!
      Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 2008 San Diego County Fair

        Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
        I agree with Wreckless. I mainly go for food, exhibits, atmosphere, etc. over rides. Though i did go on Crazy Mouse and was scared for my life! I also went on the double swing, that was fun. Most of those rides are so freaky and I would more then likely lose my guts on half of them. The craziest i will do is the Zipper. The fair seems the same every single year.
        My wife and I went to the SD County Fair for the first time in about four years on June 30. A group we belong to was doing stuff there and they needed roadies to help out, so we volunteered. We found that yes, other than a few new pieces of pig Iron the fair doesn't change much, other than what else can they deep fry? By the way it's officially the San Diego County Fair now (as it was originally). Seems somebody took offense to it being called the Del Mar Fair and took steps to make that the legal title.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 2008 San Diego County Fair

          Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          My wife and I went to the SD County Fair for the first time in about four years on June 30. A group we belong to was doing stuff there and they needed roadies to help out, so we volunteered. We found that yes, other than a few new pieces of pig Iron the fair doesn't change much, other than what else can they deep fry? By the way it's officially the San Diego County Fair now (as it was originally). Seems somebody took offense to it being called the Del Mar Fair and took steps to make that the legal title.
          I'm sure it was bound to happen, considering that San Diego stretches from San Ysidro up to Trestles/ San Onofre.

          I still happen to slip up and call it the Del Mar Fair just because it was what I grew up with.

          As I tried a Fried Twinkie last year for the first time, I now refuse to try anything like Fried Pepsi or Fried Macaroni... ewwwwwww. Fried chicken is about as far as I go for fried stuff.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 2008 San Diego County Fair

            Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            By the way it's officially the San Diego County Fair now (as it was originally). Seems somebody took offense to it being called the Del Mar Fair and took steps to make that the legal title.
            Yeah to me it was first known as the Del Mar Fair but the original name was back then was the Southern California Exposition and San Diego County Fair. I sometimes call it the Del Mar Fair but the San Diego County Fair reflects more since it brings people from all over San Diego County. It unites everyone in San Diego County in one place. Isn't that the reason why it is called the San Diego County Fair. Del Mar Fair sounds kind of greedy and sounds like it applies to those who live in Del Mar when it is actually a county-wide event.

            Originally posted by Wreckless Abrandon View Post
            As I tried a Fried Twinkie last year for the first time, I now refuse to try anything like Fried Pepsi or Fried Macaroni... ewwwwwww. Fried chicken is about as far as I go for fried stuff.
            I like the pizza from Papa Gino's stand and the Orange Julius smoothies. I saw this one item called "Frog Legs". Ever had those?
            sigpicRocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

            "From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 2008 San Diego County Fair

              Originally posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
              It unites everyone in San Diego County in one place. Isn't that the reason why it is called the San Diego County Fair. Del Mar Fair sounds kind of greedy and sounds like it applies to those who live in Del Mar when it is actually a county-wide event.



              I like the pizza from Papa Gino's stand and the Orange Julius smoothies. I saw this one item called "Frog Legs". Ever had those?
              Well, you know the stereotype of Del Mar... it's kinda like Newport... too expensive, and most of the men or women won't talk to you unless you have expensive clothes and a car to go with it.

              As for Papa Gino's, I haven't tried it! But Orange Julius is always deeeeee-lish!

              Not into trying Frog Legs on my own dollar, but if someone else paid for it, maybe? I've heard it really does taste like chicken, just with a different texture.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 2008 San Diego County Fair

                Originally posted by Wreckless Abrandon View Post
                Well, you know the stereotype of Del Mar... it's kinda like Newport... too expensive, and most of the men or women won't talk to you unless you have expensive clothes and a car to go with it.

                As for Papa Gino's, I haven't tried it! But Orange Julius is always deeeeee-lish!

                Not into trying Frog Legs on my own dollar, but if someone else paid for it, maybe? I've heard it really does taste like chicken, just with a different texture.
                FROG LEGS
                http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3020/...90131e7a47.jpg

                Yeah I didn't want to try the frog legs either. I wonder if those are even edible. I seriously love the deep fried spam as well. Lots of fair food yet unhealthy so I go to the Orange Julius stand.
                sigpicRocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

                "From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

                Comment

                Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X