This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings Island 2009: Diamondback

Did not see any thread about Kings Island's (Ohio) huge announcement last week: Diamondback for 2009.

The ride will be a B&M hypercoaster, 230 ft tall and reaching 80 mph over it's 5,200+ ft. course.

The park has added an elaborate website for the ride with tons of videos and concept art of the ride.

A huge press event was also held at the park to announce the ride, NPN has coverage of the event at this link.

Looks like a great ride for 2009!

Mike
    Amusement and Themed Industry News And Notes:
    NewsPlusNotes

Re: Kings Island 2009: Diamondback

It's fun to see what more they've done each time I go to the park. They said it'll be about as tall as SOB, but looking at the model inside the park, it doesn't seem that way.
    I also heard that they want the coaster done by Thanksgiving. Based on how little is done as of yesterday, they're gonna have to use the days they are closed in september to their advantage. It looks like they are starting on the loading/unloading station.

All in all, it looks very cool, but I doubt it's a coaster for me.

But we need a good thrill ride at the park.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X