Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[9-10] Universal Studios for the First Time Since 1979!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report [9-10] Universal Studios for the First Time Since 1979!

Maybe 1980, but after thinking about it a while I'm leaning toward 1979. I'd have to ask my folks, if they remember accurately.

Note: the textual commentary of this TR is Rated PG. Due to the relative G-rating of this forum, this is posted separately. Please go here to see this TR with commentary. If you'll flip out over some minor frank terminology or a few starred-out words along with a rant or two, you might want to just look at the pictures here. Tampering = withdrawal. No debates. It was, overall, a pretty good time.

Last edited by HighLeveller; 09-13-2008, 03:02 PM.

Re: [9-10] Universal Studios for the First Time Since 1979!

Awesome! A lot, and I mean a lot, has changed there since 1979...or 80'.

Looks like you had fun and those are some great pictures!!

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Nice report. Thanks for the great photos, and memories. My last visit to USH was in 2000.
      Glad you had a nice time.

Comment

I think this is the burning building you mention in your trip report.

the studiotour.com - Burning House - Universal Studios Hollywood
        It's a stiff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post

The ironic thing about that house is it is also where the fire station is now next to JP ride.
          "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Thanks for the TR. Glad you had a mostly pleasant experience at USH.

(BTW, your TR with words would have been fine for the boards)

I have to agree, and disagree about Shrek 4D. We generally like the show. But I do agree that the water is unecessary. In fact, most rides at USH have some kind of water effect, and most are completely unecessary.

As for City Walk ... it's eh. We used to go a LOT when it first opened, but we hardly spend anytime here now. Sorry you had a bad experience at Bubba Gump.

Comment

Thanks everyone

Thanks for that link--that helped nail down a few things I was wondering about. That site isn't well designed but good information there. That was almost certainly the burning building I recall (although I recall more trees and there not being as much structure in the back, but memory of course isn't precise). The Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman Testing Center is indeed the show I saw back then. The interesting thing was it was in Stage 32 where the present-day Special Effect Stages was--which is way down the hill from the main park. But the lower lot and escalator presumably didn't open until 1991. I'm wondering how this attraction was accessed (I have no recollection of getting there; just the show itself).

An old aerial photo or park map from around that time would be very cool to see. I'll research it sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by HighLeveller View Post
                Thanks everyone

Thanks for that link--that helped nail down a few things I was wondering about. That site isn't well designed but good information there. That was almost certainly the burning building I recall (although I recall more trees and there not being as much structure in the back, but memory of course isn't precise). The Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman Testing Center is indeed the show I saw back then. The interesting thing was it was in Stage 32 where the present-day Special Effect Stages was--which is way down the hill from the main park. But the lower lot and escalator presumably didn't open until 1991. I'm wondering how this attraction was accessed (I have no recollection of getting there; just the show itself).

An old aerial photo or park map from around that time would be very cool to see. I'll research it sometime.

you used to take the Tram tour and get off the tram midway through and i believe that is how you accessed the things in the lower lot back in the day.
                Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                Originally posted by pratt55
                Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Nice Report!
                  Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

Nice TR Thanks for sharing.

OT - btw Chunk, LOVE the avatar and screenname. Welcome to Mice Chat! Do the truffle shuffle!

Comment

Thanks again
                      Originally posted by elly View Post
                      you used to take the Tram tour and get off the tram midway through and i believe that is how you accessed the things in the lower lot back in the day.
                      I figured this is what it was. Obviously a pathway would be a monster hike for a theme park, and not just because of elevation gain.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X