Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard Rock Park closes early, fires most staff, and files Chapter 11 reorganization.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Rock Park closes early, fires most staff, and files Chapter 11 reorganization.

I'm in shock right now, but I suppose it was inevitable.

Originally posted by Screamscape.com
    BREAKING NEWS - At about 6:30pm today Hard Rock Park called a mandatory meeting of all the remaining staff and announced to them that the park has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization and as such, will be closing immediately for the rest of the 2008 season...
    However, they are not closing permanently, and will reopen for the 2009 season...... Hopefully.

More at the link.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/hard_rock_park.htm

Re: Hard Rock Park closes early, fires most staff, and files Chapter 11 reorganizatio

WOW!!!!!

Well, it's certainly not the best time to be a theme-park operator. Had the park REALLY not met expectations THAT much???

Comment

Re: Hard Rock Park closes early, fires most staff, and files Chapter 11 reorganizatio

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
      WOW!!!!!

Well, it's certainly not the best time to be a theme-park operator. Had the park REALLY not met expectations THAT much???
      It's truly terrible. The park looked so well themed, but it never got the crowds it needed.

Comment

I was just coming to post this.

The HRP website has issued a statement:
        MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
        (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

I've never even HEARD of Hard Rock Park. Perhaps some advertising would have helped.

Comment

Hard Rock Park ??????
            sigpic

Comment

Location, location, location... HRP didn't have a good one, and the economy tanking surely didn't help. Not having enough funds in the tank to get through losses the first few years until getting to the black means management didn't pay much attention in business school.

Comment

OMG - they must have been headcases running that joint - to not have enough resources to even last your first SEASON???

It's like a resturant that opens and closes 4 days later because they didn't get enough business. Didn't they know typically they need at least 2 years before becoming profitable, etc?

Wow - either their construction costs boomed and they weren't ready for it.. or somebody REALLY screwed up with the piggy bank.

Wow

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                  I've never even HEARD of Hard Rock Park. Perhaps some advertising would have helped.
                  Originally posted by KeepnLuciferHuntn View Post
                  Hard Rock Park ??????
                  There was a sticky thread in this very section for almost a year (if not more) tracking the construction of the park.

I always thought the location was going to be an issue with this park. It was built as a resort, not a local park. It's a moderate tourist area, but not really for people outside of the carolina's.

In order to get Theme Park enthusiasts, your going to have to put the park in Orlando, SoCal or the NorthEast. If not, your just going to get a mostly local crowd like the 2 closest parks do (Six Flags Over Georgia and Carowinds) with the occasional out of town visitor.

Of course the lack of a major local airport serving area's outside of the southeast is probably an issue as well. We had looked into going this year but it just didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                    There was a sticky thread in this very section for almost a year (if not more) tracking the construction of the park.
                    Guess it interested me as much then as it interests me now. Which is not much.

Comment

I think advertisement is also a huge issue. I live in NY. I have seen commercials for WDW, all of Florida, Bush Gardens in Virgiana, historic Williamsburg. I have not seen any advertising for Hard Rock Park. Maybe they should have invested in that. I mean, it is about a 10 hour drive from NY, by Florida is further and we see commericals for there. People do drive down the coast on vacations. Poor management!
                      Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Wow. And I heard they recently added The Banana Splits walk-around characters and were going to re-theme the kiddie area to them and rename it "Splitsville". I was all set to hop in the car and drive up because I loooove the Splits!

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                          Wow. And I heard they recently added The Banana Splits walk-around characters and were going to re-theme the kiddie area to them and rename it "Splitsville". I was all set to hop in the car and drive up because I loooove the Splits!
                          You know the splits are back, right? The Banana Splits. They will be on the web, Boomerang, and Cartoon Network. As for the park, I knew this was going to happen for a while. I know somebody that worked on a possibly advertising campiagn for the park but Hard Rock pulled out due to money. I hope that they get there act together and work on this park some more.
                          Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

^^I knew. I saw them on Cartoon Network last week. I was like... :yea:

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                              ^^I knew. I saw them on Cartoon Network last week. I was like... :yea:
                              For it is worth, the Splits section of the park was um, okay. lol. They could have done alot better. I like watching the oringals better on Boomerang with the Cinncinnati Coney Island footage and some early Kings Island footage put Six Flags. I believe I met one of the splits at Kings Island a long time ago with Jabberjaw, Fred Flintstones, Hong Phongy, Huckberry Hound, and Captian Caveman.
                              Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X