This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News See what Fireworks top Disney - Total Luxury opens with Atlantis

Wow, check out this article covering the opening the Atlantis in Dubai - billed to be the world's new most luxurious hotel.

The fireworks presentation alone at the opening cost 3.5 MILLION and the opening party cost 30 million. Check out some of these stats about the firework's show

Full story and details at the blog post
    Disney and more: Atlantis The Palm Grand Opening - Part Two

But here are just some of the clips of videos posted there
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...layer_embedded

Check it out.. amazing photos and story.

Re: See what Fireworks top Disney - Total Luxury opens with Atlantis

And THIS is a lobby! :o

Comment

Its truly incredible the level some of the things are being built at out there, but I still have doubts that this area will be able to sustain the immense number of tourist things they're having there. I mean how many theme parks do they need in one area? I just don't see them all surviving. What are they going to do in 15 years when the area is full of beautiful buildings that nobody goes into.

Comment

Dubai is certainly the most extravagant project I've ever seen, I'll give them that, but I still think it's doomed to fail. Tourist meccas don't pop up overnight.

Comment

Wow, insane fire work display a lil to much for my taste but still awesome. That lobby tho, AMAZIN!!!!!!!!
          Everybody's got a laughin' place-
          trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

Wow, that's amazing! And I'll take a lost chambers suite, while I'm there. Egadz!
            MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by JtnOrl View Post
              Tourist meccas don't pop up overnight.
              Coming from someone with their location marked as Orlando.. don't you think that's kind of ironic?

But Dubai already is a tourist destination.. just not for the US.

Comment

A little off-topic, but I'm going to the Atlantis in the Bahamas in two weeks. I am so excited!

On topic:

Those fireworks are pretty extravagant, but a little too much for my liking.

Comment

I know Dubai already brings in a lot of tourists, I'm just not certain it can support this many things. If you tried to put that many theme parks in Orlando most of them would fail. I'm just not convinced it can support the sheer number of announced attractions.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPro View Post
                    A little off-topic, but I'm going to the Atlantis in the Bahamas in two weeks. I am so excited!

On topic:

Those fireworks are pretty extravagant, but a little too much for my liking.
                    On the Off Topic...the Atlantis of Nassau/Paradise Island is stunning! Enjoy it!
                    MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                      Coming from someone with their location marked as Orlando.. don't you think that's kind of ironic?
                      No. Orlando didn't build this much, this fast. Forget tourist attractions, this place didn't even EXIST twenty years ago!

Dubai in 1990
                      Last edited by JtnOrl; 11-26-2008, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JtnOrl View Post
                        No. Orlando didn't build this much, this fast. Forget tourist attractions, this place didn't even EXIST twenty years ago!

Dubai in 1990
                        And Orlando has only been anything more then a regional stop before WDW came only 37 years ago. Orlando boomed in less then 15 years.

Just because Americans aren't going to Dubai doesn't mean no one does.

Comment

Oh.. and BTW... in 2008... the hotel occupancy rate in Dubai beat Orlando.

Nov. 25--Orlando-area hotels were less full in October than a year earlier -- the fifth consecutive month of year-over-year declines for the local lodging market.

The average hotel in the Orlando market was 61.9 percent full last month, compared with 65.3 percent in October 2007, according to Smith Travel Research, for a decline of 5.1 percent. Revenue per available room -- a key industry measure -- was also down 5.1 percent from a year ago.
                          Compared to Dubai.. which was tracking at 69%. And those ultra high priced hotels? 84%

Orlando has dropped like a stone the last two months (even down to 51%) but I can't find more recent data for Dubai right now.

Comment

I'm not saying Dubai won't stay as a tourist destination, but there's what (15 different plans for various theme parks there). Can it really support that many things? I hope they do, because it seems like some great ideas are going out that way. It just appears to be aiming for something twice the size of Orlando as far as attractions go.

Back to the fireworks, they reminded me of the Olympics fireworks, but these all appeared to be real.

Comment

:blink: Whoa.
                              <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X