This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Univerasl Studios Hollywood

Anyone know where the Transformers Ride is going to be?

King Kong? whats going to replace it?

Re: Univerasl Studios Hollywood

I recall one rumor of it being where Backdraft is located, but can't recall the source. Don't know how accurate that is; wouldn't put a bet down at this point.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

I believe it was announced that the Transformers ride will be taking the place of both the Special Effects Stages and Backdraft.

Rumors abound for King Kong's replacement, I believe the idea in favor is a replica of the King Kong-versus-T-Rex battle from Peter Jackson's remake.

Comment

Exactly right.

http://micechat.com/forums/non-disne...singapore.html

The studio hasn't made any official announcements yet with regards to King Kong's post-fire replacement.
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Is the backlot still pretty barren since the fire? Some friends of mine (and maybe myself) are going in a few weeks and the last time we went was the day before the fire happened. I'm just curious as to how they're running the tram, nowadays.
          "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
          1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Comment

I'd say about 85-90% of the original tram tour remains. The actual area of the fire probably isn't as big as you imagine... you'll drive past it during the tour. They are actually refreshingly forthcoming in discussing it during the tour. You also get a view of the damaged area on the path to the tour, between the "Hollywood Sign" photo op wall and the escalators.
            Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Its been a while since i have seen any pics of the backlot but I cant imagine they have done much in that area.

The T-Rex vs. King Kong would be awesome, however, the cost seems to be pretty high, i am not sure they would want to invest so much for such a short stop on the tram? who knows....

Godzilla, why havent we seen this in any theme parks? I know Disney thought about it years ago, i think it would fit good in Universal, after all who doesnt know this monster?

Comment

Here are some pics from a few days after the fire; even then it didn't have that big of an effect on the tour.

A bientot.
                Remember
                What the dormouse said
                Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X