X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Athlonacon
    FastPass n00b
    • Feb 2005

News Star Trek: The Experience coming back?

Las Vegas Hilton is done with this attraction, Cedar Fair did what it excels at and killed a classic attraction. However I was looking through Wikipedia and it seems the Neonopolis Mall is getting it instead! Being that this attraction was fully enclosed and independent of its location, it will not feel any different being in another place.

As a major Star Trek fan I loved this attraction more than Las Vegas itself. It's not just the rides, it's the feeling as though you've actually stepped into the Star Trek universe and the total immersion.

Special thanks go out to their mayor, he seems to be the one who spearheaded this move. With the new movie coming out this summer, it makes for excellent timing of a whole new wave of Trek hysteria. I just hope Star Trek doesn't turn into an action-oriented franchise with J.J. Abrams directing. Star Trek has always been a highly philosophical and science fiction-oriented franchise, the action aspect was only a small part of it.

In any case, I thought some of the Micechatter/Trekkie crossovers might want to hear the fantastic news. I know I couldn't be happier upon hearing about it!
  • penguinsoda
    Jester of Randomness
    MiceChat Moderator
    • Jan 2005

Re: Star Trek: The Experience coming back?

Uh... where is the Neonopolis mall?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

• JerrodDRagon
      Adventure First, Ad Last
      • Mar 2006

It needs to come to a CA theme park like universal or knotts...
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• disneygeek@sc
        New MiceChatter
        • Sep 2008

it needs to just expand to a huge theme park it has a lot of potential and it would be amazing!!!!!!! maybe a so cal location haha like south orange county that would rock my world!!!!!!!!! u haveno idea!!!!!

Comment

• DeliriumTrigger
          MiceChatter
          • May 2007

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
          Uh... where is the Neonopolis mall?
          Downtown Vegas.

Count me among those hopeful...but until I see work start I won't believe it. Last I heard it was still in negotiations, no deal has been made yet.

Comment

• PeoplemoverMatt
            When Will It Return?
            • Jan 2005

It's nice that there's hope at all though.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

• filmfreak11
              ...TWO BITS!
              • Sep 2005

I read rumors for the mall. The mayor was involved. I also read this rumor of a nearby Vegas museum in talks to buy STE.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
              -Jurassic Park

Comment

• MJHammer1
                New MiceChatter
                • Dec 2006

This article made it seem like the return of Star Trek The Experience to Neonopolis was more than a rumor at this point! I haven't seen anything newer since then, though, and with the economy and travel destinations in the tank I wouldn't be surprised if this gets called off, or delayed...

Mike
                Amusement and Themed Industry News And Notes:
                NewsPlusNotes

Comment

• StevenSokulski
                  • Jan 2005

I have a few friends that worked on STE at Hilton and some of them have heard rumors to the same affect of what's quoted here. However, when trying to talk with their former managers and those that would be "in the know," nothing has been firmed up yet.

It seems that a lot of people are gunning for it, but that nothing solid has happened yet.
                  I worked at Walt Disney World as a member of the Disney College Program in Spring 2008 and Summer 2010. Now, I build software, design live events, and frequently make the short trek from Costa Mesa to Disneyland with my Annual Passport in hand.

Comment

• AstroBlaster
                    • Feb 2006

From what I have read it seems that the mall will get a smaller version of the attraction and only one of the two possible rides and a much, much smaller version of Quarks which may not be what you were able to experience at the Las Vegas Hilton. Still it's better than nothing and a must see for any trek fan who may be going to a Trek Converntion in vegas not to mention CES, and other geek type conventions.

Comment

• VMKCardCollector
                      • Apr 2008

Ive never been on that ride. But hopefully I will some day!

I am looking for VMK Cards! Please email me if you have some!

Comment

• MJHammer1
                        New MiceChatter
                        • Dec 2006

Thanks for the updates! I think it would be nice if they attraction was able to come back in any form, so I'm very glad hope is still alive.

Mike
                        Amusement and Themed Industry News And Notes:
                        NewsPlusNotes

Comment

• SummerInFL
                          Relax
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                          It needs to come to a CA theme park like universal or knotts...
                          Originally posted by disneygeek@sc View Post
                          it needs to just expand to a huge theme park it has a lot of potential and it would be amazing!!!!!!! maybe a so cal location haha like south orange county that would rock my world!!!!!!!!! u haveno idea!!!!!
                          CA can't have everything you know, share the wealth!

Comment

• Snow_White_Raven
                            MiceChatter
                            • Jun 2006

I used to work at the Las Vegas Convention Center and I must say during a big convention like CES it was always nice to just get away from the hustle and bustle and go have lunch at quarks... I will definately miss it... I am glad to hear that there is a chance of a resurection but it is still just a possibility... The Neonopolis area of downtown is considered both a standard shopping area and also a historic landmark in last vegas and part of the Neon Sign Graveyard Museum... So the comment about it being moved to a museum is correct with it being moved to Neonopolis... The Neon Sign Graveyard Museum has two locations... 1/2 of it is located in Neonopolis and is actually where the name for the shopping area was derived and then the second 1/2 of the museum is located next to the Cashman Field on Las Vegas Blvd. The second 1/2 has not fully opened yet and is still becoming more of a museum than a graveyard... lol.. You can schedule tours of the graveyard however they are in the process of making it more of a museum... The entrance of the museum would be housed in the old La Concha...

Comment

• StevenSokulski
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by AstroBlaster View Post
                              From what I have read it seems that the mall will get a smaller version of the attraction and only one of the two possible rides and a much, much smaller version of Quarks which may not be what you were able to experience at the Las Vegas Hilton. Still it's better than nothing and a must see for any trek fan who may be going to a Trek Converntion in vegas not to mention CES, and other geek type conventions.
                              I think a smaller version of this would be great. Especially if it were built nearby another attraction so that ticketing and FOH could be shared expenses. Because keeping a ticket booth open all day long was one of the things that reportedly hurt them in the past. Designing a smaller version that can be run with fewer actors and a smaller crew would be a good idea, and likely increase this attraction's chances of re-opening.
                              I worked at Walt Disney World as a member of the Disney College Program in Spring 2008 and Summer 2010. Now, I build software, design live events, and frequently make the short trek from Costa Mesa to Disneyland with my Annual Passport in hand.

Comment

• SallySkellington
                                R.I.P. Mandy
                                • Aug 2005

Heck yeah. We have a re-opening date- May 8th. Same as the movie. Qapla!
                                Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience. :geek:

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
                                Guest: "On stun?"
                                BF: "Maybe....."
                                Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

Comment

• vfire
                                  The line's too long...
                                  • Nov 2007

Good news, thanks for the post.

Comment

• RooBear
                                    I'm back! Sorta...
                                    • Jun 2005

YES!

Peace,
                                    Roo
                                    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

• schapeli
                                      New MiceChatter
                                      • Dec 2007

I hope the May date is right. I'm coming to Vegas in July from Australia and would love another Romulan Ale and a chance to catch up with like-minded fans at Quarks.

Comment

• sgtpeper
                                        MC State Comptroller
                                        • Nov 2005

I loved that ride. I was in Vegas in August right before they closed and took the behind the scenes tour and it was well worth the price. Plus afterward my best friend, his wife and I got sloshed on they fishbowl of alcohol they served. Luckily we took the monorail there and back because we were in no shape to drive. Heck we were in no shape to ride the monorail!

That was one of my favorite things about Vegas (besides the gambling). I always made a point of going there anytime i was in vegas. I took my wife a few times until she said "enough"! so then i would go by myself. Glad to see it will be coming back. I hope they bring it back with a full version of Quark's!
                                        "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X