Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Zoo or Seaworld

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Zoo or Seaworld

Ok going away for our 4 year anniversary should we go to the zoo or Seaworld ?
    The Zoo
    45.16%
    Seaworld
    54.84%

The poll is expired.

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

Re: Zoo or Seaworld

While in San Diego, I visited both parks. SeaWorld is really wonderful, if you like sea critters. The zoo is pretty good if you like land-creatures. I prefer SeaWorld - there is more to do, imho.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I prefer seaworld. Both are high quality entertainment so you can't go wrong.

Comment

Do you want to spend the day running from show to show, or just walking around and exploring? At Sea World it seems like the show schedule really dictates your day, while the zoo is much more kick-back.
        A signature should go here.

Comment

Don't forget the Zoo is a world-class zoo and also wonderful exercise.

(Seaworld is much flatter.)
          "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
          raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

I enjoy both parks, but it really comes down to what your preference is. Some people like the marine animals more, and for those, I would heartily recommend Sea World. For those who prefer land mammals, go with the zoo. They're both so much fun, and both are worth the cost of admission. Go with what you like!
            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm crazy about the San Diego Zoo and the surrounding Balboa Park area. It is also right there next to Hillcrest which would be a fun place for you guys to have dinner on your anniversary.
              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
              Save

Comment

I pick the zoo. The place is so huge that you can get lost there.

Comment

I'm a SeaWorld gal!!
                  Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

Comment

Haven't been to Seaworld yet, but the last time NNL and I were in CA we did the San Diego Zoo and had an amazing time! I highly recommend it!
                    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I don't know about the zoo, but I know at Sea World - you can go on tours (they'll cost ya!)

I've been on 3:

Penguin Encounter: It was tons of fun, you get to learn about the penguins, pet one, and then go behind the glass where they live. I think it's around 20 something dollars per person and I believe it's a seasonal thing so check first.

Dolphin Interaction Program: This program is pricey but really fun. SeaWorld provides you with wetsuits, shower area, soap, ect. It last about 60 minutes and you MUST bright your swimsuit as well, you can't have any jewelry on. You get to jump in the water with the dolphins, they take a picture that you can buy, ect. This will cost $170 per person.

Wild Artic Interact Program: I LOVE this and would recommend for anyone who is able to participate to do so. Details: You need to sign a reliability release, you should be comfortable in chest deep water, program last 70 - 90 minutes, you are required to wear a SeaWorld issued wet suit with booties (you'll be glad...), you must bring a swim suit, and remove all jewelry. This is the site's description: "Immerse yourself in a whole new world where you’ll make new friends with barking seals, massive walruses and huge polar bears. You won’t believe the overwhelming power and majestic grace of the beluga whales as you slip into your wet suit and become one with these awesome animals in the Wild Arctic Interaction Program. If you’re planning a visit to San Diego you won’t want to miss this once-in-a-lifetime encounter with animals from the Wild Arctic." This will also cost you $170 - but in my opinion, it's totally worth it.

Oh, and if you don't know what a beluga whale is...it's this cutie:

And they are tiny compared to the killer whale...
                      Beluga Whales are on average 32 feet.
                      On average they weight 7 tons.
                      On average they live 75 - 100 years.
                      Oh, and they are carnivores - but rarely attack humans.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPpRUDKM_8w&feature=related[/youtube]
                      Last edited by MsSarah; 04-13-2009, 07:59 PM.
                      "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Sea World is too commercial now and less about the animals then entertainment. The Zoo (arguably the world's best) is all about animals and purely non-profit.

My vote: The Zoo first.

Comment

Seaworld

Penguins, sharks, dolphins and whales, can't go wrong.

Comment

The zoo is an adventure you can get lost in. Go zoo.

Comment

Flip a coin to decide! I enjoy both destinations, btw.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X