Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

First Look Inside Freestyle Music Park: A Rockin' Preview

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • First Look Inside Freestyle Music Park: A Rockin' Preview

    WALK-THROUGH: Freestyle Music Park - Discover Myrtle Beach Message Board & Forum

    The rides...the shows...the excitement of a first glimps! It's all here.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  • #2
    Re: First Look Inside Freestyle Music Park: A Rockin' Preview

    Thanks to the state newspaper, we also now have POV of Ironhorse and Time Machine.

    Videos: Ride along at Freestyle Music Park - Breaking News - The State

    As for the music, with Ironhorse it was playing a version of Devil Went Down to Georgia. (On other rides it plays "Rollercoaster" and a currently unknown third song.)

    As for Time Machine, it was playing several different short clips going up the lifthill such as Girls just wanna have fun, Thriller, Hey Mickey...then a longer clip for the rest of the lifthill of We Built this city on Rock 'n Roll. (Of all the songs to play longer, why that one?!)

    As for the drop and the rest of the ride, I could hear Highway to the Danger Zone, Material Girl, Whip it, End of the world as we know it. (There was one more song, though I couldn't hear it due to the wind.)

    In my opinion, they have a good idea with Ironhorse. Unfortuntly the song really didn't sync with the coaster until after the second lift hill. For the first half it's playing the frantic violin chorus while going up the lifthill, but once it starts running down the track it slows down to the slow spoken parts. Though when it goes into the second half of the ride it's finally synced, though intstead of a hardcore violin battle we all know from the song it goes into a odd guitar and bass intro before letting the violin shine at the end.

    As for Time Machine, while I will admit for the most part there were good songs choices in the video. (With the exception of We Built this city.) I have to say I'm not a fan of playing short clips like a sample track, it just comes off cluttered and unorginized.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: First Look Inside Freestyle Music Park: A Rockin' Preview

      LOL, I like "we built this city"

      I really like the Iron Horse idea, but it would be better with out the singing I feel and some more theme.

      I expect that most of the changes came fast and furious and might be very different if they make it through this season for the next one.
      _____________________________________
      Brian Kolm the Atomic Bear - comics, cartoons, artwork and instruction.
      http://www.atomicbearpress.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: First Look Inside Freestyle Music Park: A Rockin' Preview

        Originally posted by AtomicBear View Post
        LOL, I like "we built this city"

        I really like the Iron Horse idea, but it would be better with out the singing I feel and some more theme.

        I expect that most of the changes came fast and furious and might be very different if they make it through this season for the next one.
        I have to say the whole theme of Midnight Rider/Life in the Fast Lane/Iron Horse never really took off. When it was first announced as Midnight Rider I was really interested, especially since it was unique with the haunted sawmill/ Biker theme.

        Unfortuntly, the quick change to name it "Life in the Fast Lane" was rather pointless since the song title does not fit with what they built. (A rather creepy-yet-cool station and a exploding metal prop.) That and the song doesn't fit with a mine train theme.

        Though the ride itself was unremarkable due to the lack of theming, in all honesty I think if your going to build a mine train coaster you might as well theme it up nicely. Since a bare bones track doesn't really look right.

        Now as for Iron Horse, the name and logo does imply a biker theme. Now while Devil Went Down to Georgia is a good choice in various ways, the song "Rollercoaster" is a odd choice. It's not the kind of song I would put with a biker theme. It's a upbeat, bouncy song that's more suitable for Hang Ten.

        Though overall, I'm still being firm that rushing to get the park open tomorrow is a bad idea. It can affect the quality of the park, it could be a main factor if the park doesn't survive this season etc.

        -Frank "While I may be a Debbie Downer for this park, I sure won't be happy if I'm proven right." Melgeorge
        Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
        Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
        I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: First Look Inside Freestyle Music Park: A Rockin' Preview

          Originally posted by AE_Fan View Post

          Though overall, I'm still being firm that rushing to get the park open tomorrow is a bad idea. It can affect the quality of the park, it could be a main factor if the park doesn't survive this season etc.

          -Frank "While I may be a Debbie Downer for this park, I sure won't be happy if I'm proven right." Melgeorge
          That makes sense not to rush, but the circumstances maybe called for it to be open right away so it can make some money and to show that Freestyle is serious about keeping it alive. If the park shows progresses they can maybe find backers and sponsors to help make it better.

          Looking at the photo of the outside of the Monstar's ride is sort of sad since it would take very little work to add some basic theming to the outside instead of just a bit gaudy sign.

          example: http://www.discovermyrtlebeach.com/f...epond-0020.jpg

          Imagine if they just added some trim around the door, a few fake windows, a bit of textured paint and a sign that was a bit more subtle. My hope would be that this is temporary for just the season with an upgrade for the following year.
          _____________________________________
          Brian Kolm the Atomic Bear - comics, cartoons, artwork and instruction.
          http://www.atomicbearpress.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: First Look Inside Freestyle Music Park: A Rockin' Preview

            Originally posted by AtomicBear View Post
            That makes sense not to rush, but the circumstances maybe called for it to be open right away so it can make some money and to show that Freestyle is serious about keeping it alive. If the park shows progresses they can maybe find backers and sponsors to help make it better.

            Looking at the photo of the outside of the Monstar's ride is sort of sad since it would take very little work to add some basic theming to the outside instead of just a bit gaudy sign.

            example: http://www.discovermyrtlebeach.com/f...epond-0020.jpg

            Imagine if they just added some trim around the door, a few fake windows, a bit of textured paint and a sign that was a bit more subtle. My hope would be that this is temporary for just the season with an upgrade for the following year.
            While I do believe Freestyle is serious on trying to keep the park alive, due to the rush job I think there is one element that could lead to the parks disaster...their website.

            With Freestyle they needed to get as much word out as possible that they exsist, we all know HRP messed up big time on marketing. While FMP made commericals and online ads, their website is a joke.

            Normally when you go to a theme parks website, you get all the basic information you need. Ticket prices, dates and what rides, shows and resturants there are. However with FMP's website, for quite some time it had bupkis. It wasn't until a few weeks ago we finally had ticket and date information. Though the biggest problem is the sheer lack of information on rides, you have to go to the park map to figure out what there is (Heck they still don't have Monstars of Rock listed). The only ride information that is up is the Time Machine since they posted the press release about it. As for everything else, there is no information about them.

            If I never knew about the park and I went to the site, I would be looking to see what rides there are. If people can't see what rides the park offers, what makes FMP think their going to visit? They need to get as many people to visit as possible, and if it comes down to people that know nothing about the park...if they look at the website it could hurt them.

            FMP is in a bizzare situation, with the number of rides availible..they need a lot of people to attend the park so there are lines for the attractions and it takes a whole day to see everything in the park. If they don't get the crowds, then those who will attend can hit the entire park in a few hours and complain there's not enough to do.
            Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
            Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
            I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: First Look Inside Freestyle Music Park: A Rockin' Preview

              Why is there a CSI attraction/show at an amusement park themed to MUSIC? :blink:

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: First Look Inside Freestyle Music Park: A Rockin' Preview

                Originally posted by aimster View Post
                Why is there a CSI attraction/show at an amusement park themed to MUSIC? :blink:
                We'll have to hire a CSI detective to get to the bottom of this mystery. In the meantime...gotta love that CSI opening theme song. :lol:
                To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: First Look Inside Freestyle Music Park: A Rockin' Preview

                  So I just want to say, for a park that had only like 2 months to turn itself around, the fact that they managed to open a new dark ride, with new scenes, animated flats, animation for movies AND its a theme song...that's pretty damn impressive.

                  YouTube - Monsters of Rock

                  Is it the best looking ride I've ever seen? Not at all.

                  But it certainly strikes close to my heart...a pointless, zany kitschy dark ride. I think this park finally has something that looks unique, something with character. It might not ever be the ride people will go to the park for, but I certainly think it will make the list of "oh my god you have to do this when you go". Not for thrill reasons, but for WTF moments. Kind of like Monster Plantation in SFoG.

                  I say good for them...especially how quickly this came about.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: First Look Inside Freestyle Music Park: A Rockin' Preview

                    Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
                    So I just want to say, for a park that had only like 2 months to turn itself around, the fact that they managed to open a new dark ride, with new scenes, animated flats, animation for movies AND its a theme song...that's pretty damn impressive.

                    Is it the best looking ride I've ever seen? Not at all.
                    ...
                    I say good for them...especially how quickly this came about.
                    I agree about what they did in a short amount of time. As an artist I would love a chance to revamp a dark ride. I can also agree with some posters about how dull the ride is. Since the ride is getting some bad press, they should at least show some promo art on the outside of the ride in a way to say "Hey, this is only temporary." If they just got the art glowing with blacklight it would be a step in the right direction, but I wish they would utilize all the unique effects somehow.
                    _____________________________________
                    Brian Kolm the Atomic Bear - comics, cartoons, artwork and instruction.
                    http://www.atomicbearpress.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: First Look Inside Freestyle Music Park: A Rockin' Preview

                      Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
                      So I just want to say, for a park that had only like 2 months to turn itself around, the fact that they managed to open a new dark ride, with new scenes, animated flats, animation for movies AND its a theme song...that's pretty damn impressive.

                      YouTube - Monsters of Rock

                      Is it the best looking ride I've ever seen? Not at all.

                      But it certainly strikes close to my heart...a pointless, zany kitschy dark ride. I think this park finally has something that looks unique, something with character. It might not ever be the ride people will go to the park for, but I certainly think it will make the list of "oh my god you have to do this when you go". Not for thrill reasons, but for WTF moments. Kind of like Monster Plantation in SFoG.

                      I say good for them...especially how quickly this came about.
                      tloolgb, I agree with your perspective. Perhaps, I've been too hard on the new park, in view of it's brief period to make changes. Disney, Universal and Sea World wouldn't have accomplished anything in two months...especially with the investment capital of the new park's owners.

                      Originally posted by AtomicBear View Post
                      I agree about what they did in a short amount of time. As an artist I would love a chance to revamp a dark ride. I can also agree with some posters about how dull the ride is. Since the ride is getting some bad press, they should at least show some promo art on the outside of the ride in a way to say "Hey, this is only temporary." If they just got the art glowing with blacklight it would be a step in the right direction, but I wish they would utilize all the unique effects somehow.
                      Never say never, AtomicBear. You're definitely talented enough to revamp a dark ride. I hope you get the chance some fortuitous day.
                      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X