• Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk - 5.10.09

Somehow forgot to post this!

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
    Sunday May 10th, 2009
    Weather: Sunny, warm
    Crowds: Heavy on the midway, but manageable waits

With my folks out visiting from New York, we spent Mother's Day by request in Santa Cruz. The great thing about the Boardwalk is you can take it exactly as you please. If you want to spend a whole day on rides, they've got an unlimited wristband for that. If you only want to hit a ride or two, you can just buy the number of tickets you need. We ended up somewhere in the middle, getting a discounted sheet of tickets, thought we only got on a couple rides. There's a LOT

After picking up some flowers and a card for mom, we met my parents for breakfast and were on the road to Santa Cruz by 9:45am or so. We were pleased to find nothing more than moderate volume on the highway over the mountain and made it to the main parking lot by 10:30am. The $10 is a little more than I like to spend for it here, we're usually able to find a metered spot for less, though they're usually further way. We'd be taking a couple trips to the car, so proximity was worth the small increase. Besides, those who park in the lot get a sheet of coupons, some of which are actually worth using.

With 30 minutes before the rides opened and the ocean fog burning off, we grabbed our blanket and books and headed to the beach. As far as beaches go, it's not the nicest in the world, or even in the area, but being located directly between the boardwalk and the Santa Cruz Wharf makes it more than popular.
    to do around here.

As it turned out, that would be it for the day, as far as rides go. We had dinner reservations at a nice restaurant in the next town over, and we needed some time to change beforehand. It was a quick drive down the road, and we enjoyed a terrific meal in an impressive scene that is typical of much of the California coast.

www.gregscoasterphotos.com <- Go there, it's good!

Re: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk - 5.10.09

No piccies? I always like pics of that area.
    I want my cake back!
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk - 5.10.09

Nope, didn't have the camera on hand for this visit. But I did get a handful of shots from a previous visit, mostly behind-the-scenes stuff that I posted over here in this thread earlier this year: http://micechat.com/forums/other-the...-photo-tp.html
      www.gregscoasterphotos.com <- Go there, it's good!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X