Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

Michael Jackson's Peter Pan Neverland Theme Park That Never Was

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michael Jackson's Peter Pan Neverland Theme Park That Never Was

Amazing article, thanks for sharing. I really wish this theme park would be built to honor MJ. MJ was a big Disney fan, it's sad that this never happen while he was still alive.

Comment

Wow! Thanks for pointing the direction to this amazing info!
      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Michael wanted to build that theme park in warsaw in poland, he visited warsaw in may 1997 and even signed some docs with mayor of warsaw, you can see Some extracts from TV news about this event (you can see there michael signing the docs, in a helicopter looking at the possible site etc):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueqpEirvZuE"]YouTube- Michael Jackson in Warsaw 1997[/ame]

how it all started: marcin swiecicki`s (mayor of warsaw) vision was to create something similar to disneyland in polish capital, michael and swiecicki met for the first time in 1996 during michaels first visit to poland (history tour), swiecicki explained back then to michael what his dream was and asked if he would be interested in building such a theme park, michael loved the idea and they met outside of poland a number of times to discuss the details, the result was michael coming back for a 2-day visit in 1997 to officially announce the plans of building that family theme park (see above video), unfortunately the perfectly located site was in bigger part owned by military agency (or something like that) and they did not want to sell it (the site was almost in a city center at the vistula river, close to the international frederic chopin airport, which is very important, most of european capitals can be reached within 90 min flight, for example a flight to germany from warsaw takes approx 45 min), warsaw city council tried to convince them for 2 years to do so but to no avail, so they started to look for a different location in warsaw but in the meantime in 2000 michael had frozen the project (it had been rumoured because of michael`s financial problems), i hope this project will be "unfrozen" and the theme park will finally be build where michael wanted it to be (in warsaw)

interesting detail: when you watch the above video at 9:01 there are this polish firemen standing (yes firemen) dressed official uniforms while michael boarding the plane, michael liked the uniforms so much that he ordered 2 of them (they are defintely michaels style ;-)
        Last edited by votek; 11-07-2009, 04:27 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Thanks for this!

Comment

Very cool concept!

Comment

Hello! I wanted to ask if I may post this article with pictures in my site? MJackson forums

And I remember he wanted to make amusement park back then. Too bad it didn't come true The pics and descriptions seems to be amazing!!!
              Last edited by penguinsoda; 11-07-2009, 09:49 AM. Reason: Removed linking code, please read our rules and FAQ's about promoting your own site

Comment

It looks great but I could never go there. Even if it was built elsewhere now... too full of squick.

But hopefully Disney will take the *concept* and make it their own. THAT would be awesome!
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

If this comes to fruition, it would be because MJ has died, and, someone is cashing in on this and his fame and that people loved him so much. I hate to see anything/anyone else cashing in on Michael Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                    If this comes to fruition, it would be because MJ has died, and, someone is cashing in on this and his fame and that people loved him so much. I hate to see anything/anyone else cashing in on Michael Jackson.
                    I don't think that is true, but also think about the positive. This was one of Michael's dreams, he would have loved to see this happen. He wanted to help people as well as entertain them. Not to mention the number of jobs it would create, and the help it would give to the economy. I'm not sure, but I don't think Michael would have wanted his death to spoil any of that. It's not about one person or one company getting rich off it; we ALL 'profit' from it.

Comment

Today, Disney and More brings us a tribute to one of WED most legendary attractions, with great pictures and videos, and Walt himself describing this beloved creation!

Created by both Walt Disney and the Imagineers of WED Enterprises as the prime feature of the General Electric Pavilion for the 1964 New York World's Fair, the attraction was later moved to Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park in Anaheim, California, remaining there from 1967 until 1973. As we know, it was replaced in Disneyland by America Sings in 1974, and reopened in 1975 at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.
                      Bottled Water Company
                      Private Labeled Water

Comment

Tell you what I would be going there now if it was built
                        I am Scary Scott,
                        Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                        I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                        Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                        Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                        Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                        Originally posted by Karalora
                        This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                        Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                        Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

It looks awesome, minus Future Zone, that doesn't go with the rest of the theme!
                          Yaye!

Comment

Here's a thought, no one likes DCA, plow it over, build this park and remove pixie hallow from Disneyland, and there you go!
                            Yaye!

Comment

Wow, never new,looks very nice.
                              "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!"

Comment

Working...
                              X