X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movieland Wax Museum and Ripley's Believe It or Not both closing Oct. 31st

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Movieland Wax Museum and Ripley's Believe It or Not both closing Oct. 31st

This is really sad because the miniskirted nancy sinatra figure on a motorbike was really hot.

Comment

That's it! I'm going tomorrow! In fact, we're probably going to close the office for a bit and all go! Yay!
      I want my cake back!
      sigpic

Comment

Lisa and I are planning to go, we think maybe Saturday prior to the Halloween Treat event. Of course, my camera will come along, as I want to get some shots for history....
        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Maybe I will go out of my way for a trip this weekend.

It's so sad.

BUT I'm SO SCARED OF WAZ FIGURES

They give me the creeps.
          Member of the Disney Class of 2005
          Disneyland CM for 4 years.
          May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

What the heck?! I never got to go to either of these places. As long as I can remember i've wanted to go after the annual disneyland trip when I was younger. :[

Comment

What's really funny is that right here on Miceage, just a few weeks ago, there was an article about Madame Toussaud's in London, and how the operators where keeping the place fresh with new enhancements, like that "London Spirit" ride. And, of course, there are the other "Toussaud's" in places like the Venetian in Vegas which are still operating. It makes you wonder what could have been done to improve "Movieland", and give more people a reason to go.
              By the way, does anyone remembet "The Black Box"? It was a walk through attraction included with admission, with show scenes from the movies "Halloween", "Alien", and "Altered States". Kind of an early eighties line-up. It actually had some narration by Vincent Price. Not too many theme park attractions really scare me, but this one managed to. Although the wax museum itself was probably pretty scary to some.

Comment

Just back from the wax museum! What a blast! I haven't been in such a long time, so there was a bunch of new stuff. BTW, everything in the gift shop is 50% off! Woo hoo! I think I might go back and Christmas shop. I'm at work, so I can't post any pics, but I recommend everyone take one last trip!
                I want my cake back!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 9oldmen
                  By the way, does anyone remembet "The Black Box"? It was a walk through attraction included with admission, with show scenes from the movies "Halloween", "Alien", and "Altered States". Kind of an early eighties line-up. It actually had some narration by Vincent Price. Not too many theme park attractions really scare me, but this one managed to. Although the wax museum itself was probably pretty scary to some.
                  OMG I was just talking about this!!! I had called my mom to tell her about the closures and we were talking about when they had the Black Box and I proudly wore my "I Survived The Black Box" button everywhere :lol:

I'd like to try and get down there, but I doubt we'll make it

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I have never been....There must be more to it than I'm thinking, but is it just people/stars made of wax that you walk by and look at...and thats it?...there's more to it than that,,,right? The idea is kind of freaky?

Comment

We're planning to go this Saturday. It's sad that it took the imminent closure to actually motivate us to do something we've been talking about for 5 years!

For those who have gone since the announcement was made, has it been particularly busy? Also, about how long does it take to go through the whole Wax Museum without rushing it?
                      Check out my blog Faith and the Magic Kingdom! Finding and exploring illustrations, metaphors, examples and lessons for the Christian life found at the Magic Kingdom of Disneyland.

Comment

We went last Saturday but changed our minds when we saw the line to get in the place...wrapped around in front and back into the parking lot. Did go to Ripley's, not crowded at all. Had never done that so thought "What the heck?". Planning on the Wax Musuem during the week, hopefully not so busy. I would like to take my time going through for the last visit. I've been many times, but Wolfman has only been once (when we first met) and the Wolfette has never been.
                        Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                        it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I have never been to Ripleys, but have been to the Wax Museum a LOT of times. When I was a kid, my mom was the manager of the motel across the street (it used to be a TraveLodge), so we got free tickets to Knotts and the Wax Museum. I practically lived at those two places during the summer. Although, I used to have more fun pretending to ride the horse statues in front of the motel than the Wax Museum!!!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                          Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                          Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Report from a friend who went last Saturday afternoon was that the wait to buy tickets was announced as 90 minutes but ended up being more like 60.
                            Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

So sad...it really has been an institution for Hollywood Wax figures...the one at Fishermans Wharf lacks the theming and detail to these great movie sets and overall experience. Well, Ripleys is good too it is so similar at all there museums. I just went two months ago to Movieland Wax Museum but I too for the memories and the artistry will try one last time to make it. Beach entertainment has some work to do, especially now!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X