This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Harry Potter Theme Park

I saw some video footage of people walking around in the "village" which is dark and creepy looking. The Castle is dark and creepy looking...Then there are some singers with frogs on pillows singing a jolly song!. Talk about BAD THEME jeez

You can't mix happy music with dark and creepy - sorry guys its not working.
    I can see that place as more of a "Backstage Look" at the Movie - Like a Universal Studios backlot tour, but as a "fun" place to take your kids or go for the day - or the basis of an entire theme park - I don't think so.

Its ugly. Why will I go spend money to hang out at an UGLY place? I'm sure if they change the music, it will prove to be a Goth heaven, but overall I don't get it.

(Disclaimer: I'm not a harry potter fan, and I did only see one video)
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Re: Harry Potter Theme Park

Having been there, you're review is totally off the mark.

The area is as fun and whimsical as the films.

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe Lounge View Post
      Having been there, you're review is totally off the mark.

The area is as fun and whimsical as the films.
      Glad to hear that! I was shocked at what I saw and thought "well, I'll never be going there. So you say I should forget the lame video footage and give it a try?"

Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

It's not a theme park. All it is is one new headliner attraction and two re-themed attractions, set in a small, new, Hogsmeade village.

You should probably look more into the theme and the story before you review it.
        -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Originally posted by wumbology View Post
          It's not a theme park. All it is is one new headliner attraction and two re-themed attractions, set in a small, new, Hogsmeade village.

You should probably look more into the theme and the story before you review it.
          I didn't "review" it. I said I saw a video that a guest had made and it didn't look very appealing. I also said "I'm not a HP fan and Have ONLY seen the video. I've seen the movies and I'm sure its a great replica and HP fans will probably enjoy it. But what I saw looked dark and creepy and sad.

Oh well, don't worry its just an observation expressed by someone who has never been there. I guess I'll go hunt around for other reviews to see what the real world thinks.

Comment

everyone is entitled to their opinion. It is nice to get everyones views whether we agree with them or not.

Comment

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
              I saw some video footage of people walking around in the "village" which is dark and creepy looking. The Castle is dark and creepy looking...Then there are some singers with frogs on pillows singing a jolly song!. Talk about BAD THEME jeez
              (Disclaimer: I'm not a harry potter fan, and I did only see one video)

I have not seen the clip you are talking about but that part of singing frogs is from the movie. #6 I think, but I could be wrong on that.
              Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Go read my review and come back. It's in the Universal Forum.
                -Bill

Comment

How would you feel if Disney did something with a darker tone that has the level of theming WWOHP has? (and they have, i.e. HM & TOT)

Comment

Dark & Ugly? No. You should definitely check it out. And it is not a "backstage look" at all...it is the best thing Universal has ever done.

Comment

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
                      You can't mix happy music with dark and creepy - sorry guys its not working.
                      Why not? It's been done before: It's called The Haunted Mansion. Grim, Grinning Ghosts is a fairly peppy, happy-sounding song - at least to me.
                      temp_39091_1443218350388_737

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

What about HM? That mixes happy music with dark and creepy.

Comment

In the words of C.S Lewis, all these genres can exist in my mind at the same time, so why not in a theme park?

Anyways, Rowling is a big fan of Victorian novels (Jane Austen is her favorite author) so that accounts for the architecture. If you think about itthat also makes sense when you think of the issues Victorian novels addressed, and the issues Rowling addresses. I'm a big fan of relevence, and unfortunately prejuduice will always be relevent.
                          No sweat, no sweet.- British Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by ni_teach View Post
                            I have not seen the clip you are talking about but that part of singing frogs is from the movie. #6 I think, but I could be wrong on that.
                            #3, I'm very sure.
                            -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Originally posted by wumbology View Post
                              #3, I'm very sure.
                              The frogs were in the first one too, weren't they? Then they made another appearance in one of the other films, but danged if I know which.
                              temp_39091_1443218350388_737

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X