Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wet 'n' Wild Phoenix! Fun in the hot desert sun!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Wet 'n' Wild Phoenix! Fun in the hot desert sun!

. To check out some more of my pictures from other fun expeditions you can see them on my photostream. So, without further ado, onto the pictures!

First off, the obligatory entrance sign picture:

Next onto Monsoon Bay! Just a regular old wave pool, so nothing particularly special, but still fun! Word of warning: the water is FREEZING cold!!!!

Inside the bowl:

The little water play area for the kids was so cute! I wanted to go on the little slides but alas I am too tall For once my short height is too tall for something!

Thought this looked cool

Visit my Flickr!

Zip a dee doo dah, zip a dee a! My oh my what a wonderful day! Plenty of sunshine heading my way, Zip a dee doo dah, Zip a dee a!

I wanna go back....... I will miss you until next time Disneyland :crybye:

Re: Wet 'n' Wild Phoenix! Fun in the hot desert sun!

Thanks for posting the pics. I am planning a trip to the park very soon and was also thinking about bringing a water proof camera. Now I really can't wait to go.
    sigpic

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun. I was just in Phoenix over Spring Break...but didn't know this place even existed!

Comment

I'm thrilled that this park exists now in AZ, but I noticed a distinct lack of misters on the walkways. Isn't it prohibitively hot to walk around?
        Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Thanks for the trip report! I plan on trying it out on my trip to Arizona!

Comment

Originally posted by SpectroMan View Post
            I'm thrilled that this park exists now in AZ, but I noticed a distinct lack of misters on the walkways. Isn't it prohibitively hot to walk around?
            It was super hot the day we went, I think like 111 degrees or something. There definitely a lack of misters/water for the ground to keep it cool, so it's best to wear flip flops. I wore flip flops and put them around my wrist when we went on slides, but my boyfriend didn't. He was able to walk around but did so in the shade or very quickly! It's a much better bet to go with flip flops simply to save your feet the pain.
            Visit my Flickr!

Zip a dee doo dah, zip a dee a! My oh my what a wonderful day! Plenty of sunshine heading my way, Zip a dee doo dah, Zip a dee a!

Comment

That places looks really neat! Looks like you had a great time.
              "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                Thanks for the trip report! I plan on trying it out on my trip to Arizona!
                Have a good time!! It's really fun so you should have a blast! Make sure to buy your tickets online! It's $30 (tax included) online versus $38/$39 at the gate, so you save a bunch by buying them online and printing them off yourself

Make sure to wear lots of sunscreen, wear flip flops or water shoes, and drink lots of water! And have fun
                Visit my Flickr!

Comment

My wife and I have been debating on going there, as we drive past it often. We race TAG Karts at a track that is directly southwest maybe an 1/8th of a mile. In fact, I'm sure you can probably see the tracks from the slide platforms!
                  -Brian - Find me on Facebook

Comment

Nice pictures!
                    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

I would love to visit it this year but last year I wore myself out by going just about every weekend so I am going to wait til next season and just hope they add something new next year! Although, I plan on going once this season and I am just going to wait until we have our Discounted day for Wet N Wild at work and go on Best Western day since its only $10 admission for us on that day... Its a shame you did not get to ride Maximum Velocity.... That slide is the best with the ups and downs and the cool roller coaster like drops!
                      Add me... I dont bite LOL!
                      http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
                      http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X