• Show
Clear All
  • Freakazoid112
    Banned User
    • Apr 2010

Knott's Berry Farm Survey Markings Spotted

From Screamscape:

Park News
    - (7/14/10) Westcoaster drops into Knott’s this week and shows off Xcelerator’s new paint job, the Sky Cabin which has been closed all summer and the Jennie K train engine from Cedar Point which has been shipped off to Knott’s for a rehab for the next year. The big question however is the sudden appearance of survey point markers (nails) all over the park. Apparently the range of these things encloses a fairly large area too… which could mean that something very very nice is on the way. Stay tuned!

Sounds like another roller coaster being planned! If so what type could it be?
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 07-14-2010, 12:20 PM. Reason: removed url to another message board
  • Fishbulb
    MiceChat Contributer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Knott's Berry Farm Survey Markings Spotted

The last think they need is another steel monster towering over the heart and soul of this park. Don't get me wrong. A new coaster or ride, properly executed, would be amazing. But I just hope that whatever they decide they are doing is more Ghostrider than Silver Bullet.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

• sir clinksalot
      MiceChatter
      • Feb 2005

Would be interested to know where the survey markers actually are (maybe I'll give Jim a text today and find out).

Also, begs the question as to why Xcelerator wasn't painted when it was closed for so long due to the cable snap. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Comment

• Freakazoid112
        Banned User
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
        Also, begs the question as to why Xcelerator wasn't painted when it was closed for so long due to the cable snap. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
        Are you implying they don't have the money to repaint it because a lot of it is being poured into this "mysterious ride", or are you implying that Xcellerator will be taken down!?

I've only seen these photos on Westcoaster and I don't know if they're far enough apart o merit a roller coaster or a big flat ride. Personaly, I'm with Fishbulb and there not being any more steal coasters. (Keep in mind this is coming from a 17 year-old who loves thrill rides.) It would just destroy the "historical Western" feel of it even more. I hope it's another flat ride like a tumble tower or something that could at least "flavor the theme."

What I wish Knott's would do is put a new dark ride in that abandoned Dinosaur space.

Comment

• techskip
          I Break Things
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
          I may be completely off but it is my understanding that during DOSH investigations the ride can not be altered in any way. That said I am not sure if the entire downtime was due to an investigation... so yeah they should have painted it before bringing it back online.

I think the steam train in Camp Snoopy stands as mute testament to the loss of both heart and soul in this park. It's route used to take you on a wonderful tour of the lagoon... where you could see the Walter steaming out in the water. Now it takes you through a desolate wasteland of concrete, rusting mining equipment, and steel coaster pillars.
          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

• Ranger Rick
            Ok time for cocoa
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by lazyboy97O
            How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
            Originally posted by steamboatpete
            Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
              Beach Expert
              • Sep 2006

What is KOD?

Comment

• MissChristine
                Scentsy Minion
                • Apr 2005

KOD = Kingdom of the Dinosaurs. Previously Knott's Bear-y Tales, or something along those lines, right? RIP KOD!

The rumored plan sounds like one heck of a development! I agree with Fishy...I sure hope it has some kind of soul to it. And I wouldn't mind seeing Pony Express go the way of KOD. I know it is new, but...:whistling
                MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

• Freakazoid112
                  Banned User
                  • Apr 2010

Whoa, whoa, whoa there! Perilous Plunge and Sky Tower will be removed to make way for a GIANT 300 foot roller coaster that will go all over the park!? I wouldn't mind a "smaller" coaster but really? It would ruin Ghost Town having some big steel monsters looming over the Blacksmith and everything! Plus two rides would go AND the potential of having a new dark ride go for a giant 300 ft. tall coaster that would ruin the feel of the park even more? No thanks I say.

EDIT: I read Ranger Rick's post more carefully. Is the rumored coaster supposed to be somewhat in the backstage area so it will be at least somewhat secluded? Tell us in more if you can please?

Comment

• CoasterMatt
                    MiceChatter
                    • Feb 2005

Yeah, I'm sure the EIR for that would go over REALLY well with the neighbors...

The Dippin' Dots guy would probably be a more reliable source of info.
                    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

• DLRP_bopazot
                      • Mar 2005

First of all Ghostrider needs a Re Tracking by GCI . Then they would start assing new Coasters . Oh i forgot that they should buy new Trains for the Xcellerator .
                      HKDL : Done !!!

Comment

• Dutchman
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                        I may be completely off but it is my understanding that during DOSH investigations the ride can not be altered in any way. That said I am not sure if the entire downtime was due to an investigation... so yeah they should have painted it before bringing it back online.
                        That's correct, in fact, it can't be touched without permission in writing AND a representitive of DOSH being there.

Comment

• CoasterMatt
                          MiceChatter
                          • Feb 2005

Louis,

Ghostrider should get a retracking by Caterpillar Bulldozer

The trains on Xcelerator are just fine, they have the chassis for the front car of the second train on site now.

Comment

• DLRP_bopazot
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by CoasterMatt View Post
                            Louis,

Ghostrider should get a retracking by Caterpillar Bulldozer

I know you want to get another Troy or Terminator in Knotts but GCI are very good in Retracking .

Which companies are retracking the Texas Giant in SFOT ?
                            HKDL : Done !!!

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                              MiceChatter
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
                              Are you implying they don't have the money to repaint it because a lot of it is being poured into this "mysterious ride", or are you implying that Xcellerator will be taken down!?
                              No, I'm saying exactly what TechSkip said ... that after the investigation was done (wasn't the entire down-time) they should have painted it THEN instead of waiting until the ride was re-opened.

As for the rumor of the 300 foot coaster ... those rumors have been around since before Cedar Fair bought the park. It's not going to happen.

You don't NEED a 300 foot coaster. What Knott's needs is an Intamin Mega-Lite.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8BkNq3gTe0]YouTube - Intamin Megalite Roller Coaster - Happy Valley Chengdu in HD[/ame]

Just LOOK at that airtime. Of course, if Knott's got one they'd ruin it somehow I'm sure.

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                                MiceChatter
                                • Feb 2005

As for re-tracking Ghostrider ... if they could get it to within 90% of the ride it was when it first opened it would be a top 10 wooden coaster. If they could get it to EXACTLY what it was when it first opened, it would be Top 3 or 4 (EASY).

As it is right now ... until some MAJOR work is done on that ride, I won't be riding it.

Comment

• icepenguin77
                                  Banned User
                                  • Feb 2010

Yes... YES! Knott's needs a megalite. I hope they also focus on general upkeep as well, maybe more trees and :shock: theming to make the park look less like its being eaten by giant roller coasters. I wouldn't mind seeing them remove Boomerang if it meant a new Boardwalk area with...MegaLite!

Comment

• CoasterMatt
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Feb 2005

A megalite would fit nicely where Perilous Plunge sits now.

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Feb 2005

You could EASILY fit a Mega-Lite in the area where PP/Boomerang is. I don't think anybody is going to miss that ride.

You could even move Riptide down closer to Xcelerator to utilize that space as well.

Comment

• Freakazoid112
                                        Banned User
                                        • Apr 2010

I love the idea of having more trees around the park to make it look nicer and less of a "coaster park."

Replacing Perilous Plunge? Hmmm..... why not. The drop is pretty uncomfortable and it doesn't last that long anyway. Not to mention you get soaked to the bone. Though if that ride is open and the day is hot I would ride it.

Going off-topic, but I just wish they would find a way to make the log ride a bit wetter. They could do something like have the "splashdown" water level deeper on both drops and, during the Summer season, adding two glass panes in the dark drop that would reflect some of the splash onto the guests. It would be in the dark so they couldn't see it.

I just wish they would call Sally Corp. or some dark ride company and put that wasted KOD space to good use! The park needs a nice, slow escape-from-the-heat dark ride that everyone could enjoy! Not to mention it could be a good re-dress for the Haunt!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X