This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Nara Dreamland - Abandoned DL rip-off Theme Park

Neatorama made a post today linking to a set of pictures at BrandKnewMe, showing the current state of Nara Dreamland. Nara Dreamland opened in Nara, Japan in 1961, and is a very clear "rip-off" of a certain American park we all know. The theme park closed in 2006, but a group of explorers found their way into the park and took some great pictures, as you can see here.

Neatorama, in the past, has also linked to this famous trip report by the great folks at Theme Park Review, who visited the park while it was still operating in 2004.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Re: Nara Dreamland - Abandoned DL rip-off Theme Park

wow. Those are great pictures! The colors on everything are still so vibrant.

The pic of the carousel was really heartbreaking. To think they just left it whole like that.....sad.

Comment

Wow, creepy and cool. The animatronic man with out a face was pretty sad.

It sort of reminds me of the opening scenes of Spirited Away, but more run down.

Comment

If I am not mistaken isn't there still another rip-off park around?
        Originally posted by MainStreetJake
        Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
        Originally posted by williamtheking
        Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
        Mike Skellington
        My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicBear View Post
          It sort of reminds me of the opening scenes of Spirited Away, but more run down.
          Oh, you're right! Who doesn't love that movie...

Originally posted by MikeSkellington View Post
          If I am not mistaken isn't there still another rip-off park around?
          Yes, of course. Beijing Shijingshan Amusement Park is known to have some Disneyland qualities, (and I think they got in trouble for using the characters once or twice.) And around the world there are parks that clearly use some of Disney's concepts.
          -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Unbelievable! What great photos. I could get lost in a place like that and enjoy every spooky minute of it.

Comment

How creepy. I was in Nara in April, but we just stayed in the touristy area.

Comment

I just took a look at the photos. Wow! The History Channel should get over there and do an episode of Life After People.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X