This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Jimmy Jilacuers! A Kuzcochik Comic Con 2010 Trip Report

I never know where to post these kinds of Trip Reports. It technically is an "other destination" so I guess this works. I'm just following Brand42's lead :P

So Hi there everyone! As you probably guessed, I just got back from San Diego Comic Con (and boy are my arms tired-- that makes no sense sorry) yesterday actually and, as is always mandated, I had to start my Trip Report.
    We actually started the trip last Tuesday (holy cow it's been a week) and spent a day in Disneyland to see World of Color and ride Star Tours for the final time, but that's a different story.

Wednesday started the Comic Con craziness. Darkwing Chuck and I checked into our hotel around 3. It was actually a pretty nice place and like a mile away from the convention center. We ended up actually having huge issues with them later, but again, not something I feel like getting into here.
    We jumped on the trolley outside the hotel and went down to the convention center. It was almost time for preview night so it was a little nutty around there. The line for regular attendees was non-existant, but because our passes were media comp, we had to wait in the longer line for media/professionals.
    It really didn't take that much time and we were soon inside, badges in hand. We ran into Coheteboy almost immediately and the three of us dorked around until they opened up the floor.
    Our first stop was Tron which had already closed off it's line so now merch there. Then we all split up. Darkwing Chuck and I headed over to Boom and got out limited Edition Darkwing Duck Comic covers and had them signed by the writer. I went over to Entertainment Earth to wait in line to get junk for my brother (he wanted Venture Brothers figures & a lost bobble head). DC tried to deal with Mattel but they had already shut the line and gave him a ticket to come back later the next day.
    We wandered a little bit after than eventually making it over to the Walking Dead Booth.

Walking Dead is a comic about the zombie invasion. I managed to read all the way through 11 graphic novels before con and I'm totally hooked. AMC is making it into a television show that will be released in Ocotober

The booth was basically a recreation of a scene from the comic

There was also a place where they took your face and made you into a zombie

Darkwing Chuck couldn't handle the Zombie attack

I on the other hand kept watch at the window and tried to survive :P

Over at WB they had stuff from Green Lantern. Here's the corpse of Abin Sur (the Green Lantern who dies and who's ring goes to Hal Jordan) (also they really need to brief the people on the loud speaker about what they're talking about around us nerds as the lady kept saying Abin Sur becomes a green lantern too... wtf?)

Hanging with Sam & Dean

No! I'm not a Fangirl...

Why do you ask?!

We walked around a little more before deciding to call it quits. We went down to Horton Plaza, met our friend Matt & got dinner at one of my favorite Chinese places (Panda Inn).
    After a quick stop at the store, we headed back to the hotel where my brother and his friend Hayden had arrived and that was really it for Preview Night.

Coming up! Thursday featuring lots of random celebs, cosplay and TRON!

Re: Jimmy Jilacuers! A Kuzcochik Comic Con 2010 Trip Report

Two things that I love from this TR so Far...1)Comic Con and 2) the Fact the TR is from Kuzcochik...how awesome is that..
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

p.s...The Walking Dead is Awesome to the bone...I've RE-READ the complete series like 10 times..that's how awesome it is..(to me anyways )
      "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Yay!! more!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

And it begins.

*Melonballer puts on his trip report reading cap*

Comment

KC, if you follow my lead, that's a road to ruin!

As we say every year, everyone's experiences at the 'con can be markedly different.

I couldn't get a photo of the former Lantern 2814 because take your pick

1. forgot the camera in the hotel
            2. wished to respect and honor him
            3. deathly afraid of the black rings flying around and with my green ring at less than full charge, would not have been able to conjure up the Maleficent dragon construct to crush BL Abin to nothingness. )

If you guys wanted Mattel stuff, you should've joined forces with me and Coheteboy! Keep that in mind for next year!

Looking forward to more of your adventures.

Comment

Originally posted by brand42 View Post
              If you guys wanted Mattel stuff, you should've joined forces with me and Coheteboy! Keep that in mind for next year!
              I call them the Legion of Doom.

Comment

KC, if you follow my lead, that's a road to ruin!

As we say every year, everyone's experiences at the 'con can be markedly different.

I couldn't get a photo of the former Lantern 2814 because take your pick

1. forgot the camera in the hotel
                2. wished to respect and honor him
                3. deathly afraid of the black rings flying around and with my green ring at less than full charge, would not have been able to conjure up the Maleficent dragon construct to crush BL Abin to nothingness. )

Looking forward to more of your adventures.
                That's why I love when we all put our reports up. We all see such different stuff, it's great!
                And we did end up getting all the Mattel stuff the next day actually (sorry, should have put a spoiler alert up there ^_~)

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                  I call them the Legion of Doom.
                  More like Larfleeze and Glomulus! And you are our Guardian, Melonballer! )

Comment

Originally posted by Kuzcochik View Post
                    That's why I love when we all put our reports up. We all see such different stuff, it's great!
                    And we did end up getting all the Mattel stuff the next day actually (sorry, should have put a spoiler alert up there ^_~)
                    ^This... there can never be to many Con TR's because there is so freaking much to see not everyone can even begin to see all of it!!

MOAR!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

There's nothing I look forward to more post-ComicCon than your trip reports. And you're gonna have to share Jared Hardtopronounce with me.

Comment

More like Larfleeze and Glomulus! And you are our Guardian, Melonballer! )
                        That explains my large head.

Comment

Great stuff so far. I need to make it to a Con one of these years.

Comment

Fun times and great TR so far! I've been looking forward to to Brand's, CB's and yours and I got my wish: all up on the same day!

Comment

You asked for it (some of it more nicely than others... I'm looking at you cohete :P) and so you shall receive it.
                              Thursday was the first official day of con and so it was the first day we dressed up.... cause we're nerds, if you hadn't noticed. I went as Poison Ivy & Darkwing Chuck went as Captain Hammer.

Our first stop of the morning was the line for Hall H to try and get into the Tron Legacy panel. Dan and Hayden headed into the center to try to register for their passes and DC and I went over to the line. In the confusion surrounding it all, we accidentally cut off a rather big section of the line. Oops.
                              Anyway, we waited in line for a while. Hayden met back up with us and we eventually ended up in the infamous Hall H. And who was there to greet us but some random guy in an awesome Tron suit

We were given swag bags for Megamind that were filled with a comic, a watch, a tattoo and some other stuff and then we hurried over to find seats.
                              We were pretty far back, but Hall H has those big screens so it doesn't really matter where you sit

Before we could get to the Tron goodness we had to sit through Megamind which actually wasn't all that bad. Will Ferrell showed up in his own cosplay and brough donuts

The cast of Megamind. Brad Pitt didn't say much during the panel... something about being made of cardboard

Tina Fey (my hero) & Brad Pitt.

Megamind honestly doesn't look all that bad. I'll probably end up seeing it despite my lack of interest in both Ferrell and Hill. The funnier parts of the panel included Tina saying Betty White was her hollywood nemisis but she'd kick her butt and Will saying his nemesis was Charlize Theron.
                              Also they kept saying something about not wanting to spoil the "twist" of the movie, but if anyone's read the synopsis they already know (plus the swagbag has said huge spoiler on it).

Finally it was time for Tron, moderated by the always fantastic Patton Oswalt

The whole cast of the film was there along with a lot of the crew

Alan/Tron himself

The Flynn abides

They showed us 8 minutes of new footage from the film and it looks fantastic! Then they told us that sound techs were in the audience and we all got to record audio to be included in the movie as part of the crowd scenes. We followed and bouncing ball and we stomped, we cheered, we yelled "DE-REZ". It was pretty awesome

The panel ended with them showing us the new trailer and then everyone started to leave. Patton told them they were stupid for leaving cause there was more stuff.
                              Next thing we know, Capt. Jack Sparrow himself is up on the screen in 3D offering us all 3D drinks and telling us to be excited for his new movie. I'm still so mixed about Pirates 4 but watching Johnny Depp and seeing how much fun he has with that darn pirate always gets me so excited for Pirates
                              (I was going to post a link to vid but none of them will let me embed them so you'll just have to youtube search of copy paste: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJT60w3O308"]YouTube - Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 ''On Stranger Tides'' : Jack Sparrow in Comic Con 2010 HD[/ame])

This in itself would have been cool enough, but Patton then asks us "If there was one Disney franchise you could reboot, what would it be?" Everyone yells out answers and he says "That's right! Than Haunted Mansion"
                              There was a collective gasp and then we were given a short teaser vid. Patton tells us he's going to reveal the director and we're all terrified for a moment that Tim Burton's going to show up and then it's Guillermo Del Toro! The place freaked out.
                              Honestly, I can't even tell you how excited I am for this. Del Toro is such a huge Mansion nut (listening to him talk about how much he loves it and the imagineers gave me dorky goosebumps) and he seems so excited about it. He wants to mix the silly with the spooky and make it actually dark. Plus he said they're refusing to return Eddie Murphy's calls XD
                              AND AND AND!! Hatbox ghost! Hatbox Ghost is going to be a big part of the film! If you didn't think the guy loved Mansion then that right there is your indication!

With that panel done we headed outside for a bit.
                              Tron was doing a big Twitter viral again this year and we decided to head into the gaslamp and try to participate in it. After running around after the first one, we barely missed it and refuled at Starbucks.
                              We decided we wanted to try to find Flynn's to at least see where it was so we set off through the Gaslamp.
                              After walking a few blocks, Darkwing Chuck gets a little wide eyed as a guy passes us and said "Pierre Bernard?" Turns out he was infact correct and we had run into this guy:
                              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDKVU3tiBoQ"]YouTube - Recliner of Rage[/ame]

He was super super nice and excited to be at the convention.

We talked to him about Conan's new show (and he actually told us to email him and he might be able to help us get tickets!! )

Finally we made it over to the closed Flynn's

We milled about for a bit and then saw 3 guys walking out of the arcade. We may have stalked them for a little bit and we managed to show up to the spot for the next place of the viral. You had to take a pic at a location and then run to another one and show them you had taken it

We managed to be about the 5th or 6th group to turn our stuff in and we got interviewed. This is the line of people as we were leaving

Okay, I'm gonna cut it here for now. There are a ton more pics from Thursday but I'll get to them in a bit and seriously, things only get weirder from here cause this is comic con afterall ^_~

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X