This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knotts or Universal for Halloween time

I am already going to Disneyland on halloween but which other park should I go to for halloween. Knotts or Universal? Your thoughts
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Re: Knotts or Universal for Halloween time

both parks have their advantages and disadvantages and offer a great Halloween experience.

personally, if you can swing it, i'd say go to both, if you hit them up on opening weekend the prices are the cheapest of the season. or, if you can hit up knott's up a wednesday or thursday and/or universal on a sunday, those are the least crowded nights for both parks.

just try to avoid going on a friday or saturday later in the month, those nights are so crowded that you might find your experience less than pleasant
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Originally posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Comment

universal has 5 mazes,1 show and terror tram. everything is detailed. 4 rides.

knotts has 13 mazes and 7 shows. but it looks cheapo. many rides.

Comment

Halloween Horror night has the best detailed mazes. It feels like you are really on the set. Best show there is Bill and Ted.

Knotts has a lot of mazes and lot of rides to get on. Best show there is the Hanging.
        First Trip To WDW 8/16/09-8/27/09 was the best!!

Comment

Can anyone tell me how they think the crowds will be at both parks Oct. 8th and 9th. First time going to HHN but I went to Knotts for my first time last year on Halloween, we'd like to not deal with so much crowds again.

Comment

I'd go with Universal, as the last 2 years I've gone to Knotts, I felt like the performers weren't even trying to get good scares in. At Universal, the chainsaw wielding pig creatures got some amazing screams out of people, and being so close to the Psycho house... Truly a wonderful feeling.

Sure Knott's has more mazes, but they all feel quite short in comparison to the length of the mazes at Universal. The Hanging feels as though it's gotten quite stale in the last couple of years too.

Comment

Originally posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
              Can anyone tell me how they think the crowds will be at both parks Oct. 8th and 9th. First time going to HHN but I went to Knotts for my first time last year on Halloween, we'd like to not deal with so much crowds again.

to avoid crowds:

if you go to Knotts, go on a Weds, Thurs or Sunday night. or if you have to go on a friday or saturday, go first or second weekend

if you go universal, Sunday nights are the least crowded, however if you have to go on the friday or saturday, splurge and get a FoL pass, then you dont' have to worry about how long the lines are

i also highly recommend, as i do every year, don't try going on any non-rethemed rides at knotts, most first timers make this mistake then miss out on a maze or show they really wanted to do becusae they stood in line for an hour to go on Supreme Scream (which is open year round)
              Will there be screams when the sun sets,
              -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
              elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
              Originally posted by pratt55
              Elly is adorkable.

Comment

elly,
                the only drawback to going early is the talent at that point seems to lack the experience to pull off good scares. But you're right... later in the season it is far too crowded to really enjoy it.
                "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Thanks for the feedback i decided to buy front of the lone passes for Universal since i m going on the 30th of October hopefully that will help me with the crowds. thanks for the feedback!!!
                  These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                  My company had a special night at the park
                  WdW trip report with WWoHP
                  NYE 2011 trip report
                  Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                  Leap year 24 hour report
                  New DCA trip report
                  NYE 2012
                  HKDL trip report

Comment

Ad Widget