Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

The Enchanted Forest and its Storybook Land in northern Oregon

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report The Enchanted Forest and its Storybook Land in northern Oregon

After driving past the Enchanted Forest time and again without success to convince my friends that we should visit, I finally made it to this captivating little park and am thrilled to share my pictures with you.

The Enchanted Forest is a little, mom and pop Storybook Land and then some. It started off small, but with a lot of love grew to hold entertainment options for the whole family. A stone's throw from the 5 freeway in northern Oregon and just a few miles outside of Salem, the Enchanted Forest was a treat.

I knew from the moment I walked up to the main ticket booth (which looked a lot like the seven dwarfs' cottage) that I would adore the place. The staff was incredibly helpful, friendly, and so generous with their time. They told me and my partner all the attractions we should visit and sold us on a flat admission fee option with a few separate ride tickets on the side.

We visited on a drizzly Saturday in May and the crowds were light. Signs pointed us toward the giant fairy tale castle to the left and we entered Storybook Land.

Enchanted Forest

Re: The Enchanted Forest and its Storybook Land in northern Oregon

Thanks for the report. Like you I have driven by a few times. Someday I will go.

Comment

Thanks for the trip report.

I had heard about the dark ride and so was pleased to hear a report about it.

Here was the only video I found of it. Looks pretty nice.

Comment

Very neat and quaint park. Thanks for posting!

Comment

I knew the first location looked familiar it's from the 1990 movie Cry Baby with Johnny Depp <3

IMDb: Most Popular Titles With Location Matching "The Enchanted Forest - Route 40, Ellicott City, Maryland, USA"

if anyone has seen the movie before the castle is the main focus for the scene...Johnny's opposite in the movie is singing mister sandman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEBH9DgyaeA

Comment

Cool! Thanks for the Maryland and movie connections.

Comment

Awesome report! Thank you for the photos!
              Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Awesome report, and now sounds like definitely will have to go, judging by the peek-in's and the Haunted House description. Great stuff, thank you for sharing!
                when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Great report. I've always wanted to go there myself. One day...
                  My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

This park looks so cute and well maintained! I'd love to visit.
                    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                    Save

Comment

OMG! Thank you for posting this! I've been there as a child, and I've been trying to remember where this is and really warm memories came flooding back while reading this post! I particularly remember loving the alpine roller coaster. Very cool! I hope to make it back up there someday!
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow. A trip report on Enchanted Forest. We live 20 minutes south of this sweet little park. The family makes a trip every summer that we are not headed to Disneyland. It really is a nice day. It often reminds me vaguely of Disneyland from when I was really little. In fact the gentleman that started the park worked for Walt before he moved to Oregon.
                        :lol:

Comment

Drove by a bunch of times and still haven't stopped there. Would definitely want to check out their haunted house.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X