This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Review] Aquaventure on the Palm in Dubai

Aquaventure in the Bahamas is according me the best waterpark in the world. The Disney waterparks look better than Aquaventure but still lack the edge that place has.

There are two Atlantis resorts in the world. One is in the Bahamas and the other is in the United Arab Emirates. The one in UAE is at the very end or top if you want of one of the man made palm shaped islands in Dubai.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080758.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	7370923
    Atlantis seen from the metro at the Palm.

Atlantis The Palm opened with a huge party and an even bigger firework show. It was one of those larger than life projects we all have herd much about in Dubai. What people forgot was that there already was one Atlantis since many years in the Bahamas.
    The most unique feature of the Atlantis resort is the waterpark Aquaventure. The waterpark is what makes the hotel.

Name:	P1080767.JPG
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	7370924
    Atlantis seen from the metro train.

Name:	P1080769.JPG
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	7370926

Just like in the Bahamas this Aquaventure features a lazy river that connects to many slides, a dolphin area, aquariums and a beach.

Name:	P1080782.JPG
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	7370932
    The beach at Aquaventure

The Aquaventure parks are themed and have a good enough design to satisfy the picky guests like me.
    The one thing that struck me with the park in Dubai was that it lacked the big futuristic building from the park in the Bahamas. It overall felt like the Dubai park had fewer slides.

Some of the slides were hard to find, wich I find odd.

Name:	P1080777.JPG
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	7370927Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080821.JPG
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	7370925
    This park has a few watercoasters. I got stuck in one and slided backwards and had to leave the slide. The people working at that slide told me that some of the engines to the pumps need to be replaced. I just felt too fat for not being able to go up that hill.

Name:	P1080778.JPG
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	7370930Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080822.JPG
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	7370928
    The Palm seen from Aquaventure

Name:	P1080820.JPG
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	7370931

Name:	P1080830.JPG
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	7370929

Here is another waterpark in Dubai:
    http://micechat.com/forums/other-the...ark-dubai.html
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 12-12-2012, 07:45 AM.

Re: Aquaventure on the Palm in Dubai

That looks beautiful!
    For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

I agree that the Bahamas Atlantis is superior, and has gambling of course, which the Dubai one does not. I didn't think the food in Aquaventure was that bad though it was expensive. Best to walk out from the water park's gate and go to the Gourmet Burger Kitchen for a burger and shake. It's delicious and about the same price as the lesser fare in the park. There are some amazing restaurants in the hotel including a Nobu. Dubai Aquaventure is a beautiful park even if it's not up to the level of the one in the Bahamas, which is stunning. Timmy, you're going to have to come back and try the new Yas Island water park in Abu Dhabi when it opens soon, it looks to be simply incredible and could become the best water park in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by indianajack View Post
        I agree that the Bahamas Atlantis is superior, and has gambling of course, which the Dubai one does not. I didn't think the food in Aquaventure was that bad though it was expensive. Best to walk out from the water park's gate and go to the Gourmet Burger Kitchen for a burger and shake. It's delicious and about the same price as the lesser fare in the park. There are some amazing restaurants in the hotel including a Nobu. Dubai Aquaventure is a beautiful park even if it's not up to the level of the one in the Bahamas, which is stunning. Timmy, you're going to have to come back and try the new Yas Island water park in Abu Dhabi when it opens soon, it looks to be simply incredible and could become the best water park in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
          Aquaventure in the Bahamas is according me the best waterpark in the world. . .
          Have you been to Schlitterbahn in Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
            Have you been to Schlitterbahn in Texas?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X