This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News The Summer of the Roller Coaster:

Consider it the summer of the coaster. Theme parks from east to west are unveiling new roller coasters made of wood, steel and a combination thereof that soar through the air, plunge through water and perform gravity-defying stunts.

A look at some a few of the new ones.

Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio adds to its fat portfolio (16!) of coasters with GateKeeper, which debuts Saturday. The steel, wing roller coaster will suspend riders 170 feet above the Cedar Point Beach then send them hurtling through six inversions and stomach-dropping falls at close to 70 mph.
    These new roller coasters will make your head spin

Re: The Summer of the Roller Coaster:

I wish the little amusment park we have here in Albuquerque, would add one or two more roller coasters. But They just cant get the funds to support it. Blah!
    Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala
    ​

Comment

^ How ironic! I am about an hour from Cedar Point and I wish we still had an area park that was not all action and thrill rides (Geauga Lake, Meyers Lake Park)...
      sigpic
      “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
      but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
      ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

So not only are some of the things on this list "water coasters" at water parks...debatable if they count as "coasters"...some of them are not even water coasters...they are just new water rides.

No wonder the GP gets confused about park's new offerings when this is the type of journalism that gets them their news.

Though for a worse article click the "Disney's Best 3 Hotels" link at the bottom of the article. Only two hotels are recommended and they are both DTD Good Neighbor hotels.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
          No wonder the GP gets confused about park's new offerings when this is the type of journalism that gets them their news.
          The parks themselves call normal water rides a "water coaster" if they do more than go down one splash hill, so (this time) the journalists aren't to be blamed completely.

I love a good coaster as much as the next thrill freak, but even I am getting tired of the severe case of "exposed steel syndrome" going around. I miss FAMILY parks where you can take all ages to enjoy rides. Most amusement parks have taken out classic family rides to make room for more and more coasters. Sad, really.
          sigpic
          “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
          but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
          ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X