Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

History of the Amusement Park

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video History of the Amusement Park

I was cruising around YouTube a few days ago and I found this video on the history of the Amusement Park. I saw the first few minutes of it but I really didn't have the time to watch it all as it was 68 minutes long. So I favorite it so I could watch it later. I just got done watching it and it really was a great documentary. I even learned a few things like how CV Wood left Disneyland and tried to create a Magic Mountain park outside of Denver only to see it fail before it even opened and how he went on to help save Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH. I also learned how we almost lost Hersheypark due to the aggressive strategies of Hershey's main rival Mars.

Current coaster count: 179
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Six Flags Great America

Re: History of the Amusement Park

Thanks for sharing - very interesting video, and a good companion piece to a show from the 90's that reran on our PBS station the other night about old amusement parks. Having lived my whole life in Ohio, I learned quite a few things I didn't know about the history of some of the parks in our state!

Comment

I think I've seen that one as well. Was it called "Great Old Amusement Parks" by Rick Sebak? I believe it had Idlewild Park, Kenobels, Kennywood Park, Cedar Point, and Lake Compounce in it.

Comment

Yep, I think that was it! I loved how they found the most Jaywalking-worthy Cedar Point visitors to interview and showed all the intelligent-sounding, dignified people from everywhere else - yay Ohio.

Comment

I thought that was interesting as well. Rick has done some pretty good documentaries over the years. I also own a DVD he did back in the late 80's called Kennywood Memories and it's pretty good. It shows the Racer with it's Art Deco facade and it tells a pretty interesting history of Kennywood. I wish he did more of those type of documentaries but I'm shure he's retired by now.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X