Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Tokyo

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Review] Tokyo

Imagine a place that is very much like home but still very different.
    It is a place where they have taken everything thing that people of the rest of the world like and changed it just enough so that the population can use it the best way. That place is Japan.
    Japan has everything that makes any place great. In the south you can enjoy white beaches and in the north you can enjoy white snowy mountains.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04263.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	7375049
    Asakusa is my place in Tokyo. Far from Disney. But still very close.

Name:	DSC04249.JPG
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	7375048
    You always have a choice in Japan.

Name:	DSC04287.JPG
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	7375050

Tokyo is a city that I always come back to. Some people have to go to Orlando each and other year, but I have Tokyo. There is soo much more than just Disney. The entire city is like a themepark with great rides and walkthroughs.

The biggest misconception about Tokyo is that it is expensive. It's just as expensive as any other big city in the world. Sure if you go there to buy melons, property or pizza with home delivery you will feel how it is like to have an empty wallet fast. But who does that? You can get a great meal with beverage for 12 Usd. I am not talking about some American style fastfood place here. You can get a simple but good room in a great neighbourhood for 75 Usd a night. No it won't be next to Disneyland, but there are trains that take you there in 30 - 45 minutes anyway.

Name:	DSC04371.JPG
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	7375051
    Tokyo is themed to Japan.

Name:	DSC04352.JPG
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	7375069

Name:	DSC04392.JPG
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	7375071
    Harajuku's Take****a street is a place where most tourists go. There you can find all sorts of cheap stuff to buy.

Name:	DSC04396.JPG
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	7375052
    They have many places that serve crepes. To be honest all though I love them, I like the ones they serve in Hong Kong alot more.

Name:	P1060666.JPG
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	7375073Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04426.JPG
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	7375053

Name:	P1060668.JPG
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	7375074

Name:	DSC04436.JPG
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	7375054
    When in Tokyo you also have to visit Shinjuku.

Name:	DSC04529.JPG
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	7375055
    They even have a kind of an Electrical Parade in one of the restaurants. A bit touristy but that is ok once and twice.

Name:	DSC04563.JPG
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	7375056
    Now THAT is a breakfast for a winner!

Name:	DSC04576.JPG
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	7375057
    It's very calm for a place that houses 36 000 000 persons.

Name:	DSC04587.JPG
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	7375058
    Leave it behind you.

Name:	DSC04598.JPG
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	7375059

The main attraction in Tokyo is to walk around, to enjoy the surroundings. That is what I always miss the most when I return home. Tokyo is a bunch of cities that make a mega city, like no other on earth. Not only is it huge, but it is also very friendly. People have respect for each other in Japan. I have been all around the world. But in no other place on earth does people care so much about details like in Japan. The streets are clean, the food is cooked to perfection (or just served raw and healthy) and the balance between old and new is like a harmony like no other. The latest tech is mixed with the most simple ways of life, making the average person fit like glove in the very modern and traditional society. Japan is made for the people that live there. They maintain that.

Name:	DSC04612.JPG
Size:	245.7 KB
ID:	7375060

Name:	DSC05127.JPG
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	7375063

Name:	DSC05126.JPG
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	7375062

Name:	DSC05130.JPG
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	7375064

Name:	DSC04635.JPG
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	7375061
    Yes it was good.

Name:	DSC05193.JPG
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	7375065
    The best way to travel is underground.

Name:	DSC05198.JPG
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	7375066
    Order and respect.

Name:	DSC05214.JPG
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	7375067
    Life goes on in every little street and corner of Tokyo.

Name:	DSC05220.JPG
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	7375068

I have been in Osaka, Kyoto and Hiroshima. But when I leave Tokyo I always do it with the feeling of wanting to return as soon as possible. It is very different from my city in Sweden. But I still feel at home in my favorite Tokyo.

Name:	P1060921.JPG
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	7375072

Name:	P1060770.JPG
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	7375070

Do I have to mention that Tokyo has the the greatest themepark on earth?
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 05-11-2014, 08:44 PM.

Re: Tokyo

That was one of the best and most interesting trip reports I've read on Micechat, TTT!

Thank you!
    And now, please share your favorite Tokyo Disney Sea photos and try to convince us why you think this is better than Disneyland, even though Walt's original park in Anaheim has far far more attractions. (Count those tiny indoor rides at Disney Sea as half an attraction each.)

Timmy, there's not many people I can ask this: Has the Oriental Land Company has been keeping up the original Tokyo Disneyland park better than Disneyland Paris has been maintained? (I read about the Europeans' petition to Iger.)

Comment

We went a few years ago and ever since we've wanted to go back. We had planned 2 weeks to spend at the Tokyo Disney Resort and the rest of Japan, but 2 weeks flew by. The people of Japan were just so friendly we can't wait to go back.

Thank you for your pictures of the rest of Tokyo.
      Also check out:
      Joe's Epic Overnight Disneyland Dream Suite Trip Report

Joe's Epic Tokyo Disneyland Trip Report - 15 days
      Disneyland Candlelight Processional Photos - 2014 (Beau Bridges), 2012 (Kurt Russell), 2012 (Edward James Olmos), 2012 (Dick Van Dyke), 2012 (John Stamos), 2011 (Gary Sinise), 2010 (Tom Skerritt), 2009 (Jon Voight), 2008 (John Stamos)

Or visit my blog at http://flowerstales.blogspot.com/

Comment

Amazing TR! Love the pictures!

Comment

I like making videos that show nothing more than the everyday life seen on the streets of Tokyo just to show how it looks to be there. Here are a few:

Comment

Comment

:yea::bow: Thanks, again! :bow: :yea:

Comment

Japan is definitely a place I want to visit one day. I am one of those who has heard that Japan is quite expensive, but I'm glad to see that it's not as expensive as it's made out to be. BTW, great photos of Tokyo! I hope I'll be able to see it for myself one day! Thanks for sharing!
                My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X