Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JPL Open House is back on! Oct11&12 2014 (Sat&Sun)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPL Open House is back on! Oct11&12 2014 (Sat&Sun)

It was cancelled last year after there were JPL budget cuts, but it's back on for 2014: October 11 & 12, Saturday and Sunday. We went two years ago on a Saturday and had such an excellent day we returned the next day.

Link:
    Open House - NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory

Re: JPL Open House is back on! Oct11&12 2014 (Sat&Sun)

The JPL campus in the northwest corner of Pasadena, next to La Canada-Flintridge.

Link:
    Open House - NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory

There will probably be exhibits about some of the most amazing robots ever made, extraordinary films about our latest discoveries in our solar system and of the most Earth-like planets yet discovered in our galaxy.

It should be extra fascinating this year since they'll have two years worth of discoveries to report. The campus will be populated with many scientists/PhD.s and Cal-Tech students who were all enthusiastic about talking about space last time. They were so smart that they were also clear and none of them was pretentious!
    ("Was" is grammatically correct in the preceding sentence, but doesn't it sound awful?)
    Last edited by jcruise86; 07-31-2014, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Last edited by jcruise86; 10-11-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

It's taking place now!
        We went the second day. We sat next to the project manager of the Voyager project--the first human-made thing to leave our solar system.

We were told 20,000 people attended on Saturday and we stayed for less then four hours on Sunday because of the crowds. Still, I can't argue with free parking AND free admission.

Next year we're planning on going Saturday and Sunday right when it opens each day and stay for the first few hours only to avoid larger crowds.

Great event!
        Last edited by jcruise86; 10-12-2014, 07:28 PM.

Comment

I enjoyed it too but yeaaaah crowded! A lot of lines. Imagine if everything you did was the Sourdough Bread factory... but there was a 15-30 minute line for it every time.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
            I enjoyed it too but yeaaaah crowded! A lot of lines. Imagine if everything you did was the Sourdough Bread factory... but there was a 15-30 minute line for it every time.
            The worst line we waited in (that inspired us to leave afterwards) was a super-long wait to see a satellite that is going to orbit the earth. Sounds cool, but from a glass observation hallway you looked down on a satellite that really was NOT much cooler in person than it would have been in a photo. Would it have killed JPL to have had another fake satellite that they claimed they just recovered, and then have had some aliens exit it and attack the staff?
            If I ran the zoo. . .
            Last edited by jcruise86; 11-07-2014, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X