• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegarooFifi
    Back home :-(
    • Mar 2005

Universal Studios Hollywood - The Mummy's Revenge

I am one who likes Universal Studios - it's not nearly on par with DL of course, but it's a fun place to spend the day.

It's been awhile since I've been there, but apparently there's not a whole lot that's new. However, I keep hearing about The Mummy's Revenge and how cool it is. Can anyone tell me what it's like? I'm trying to see if it's worth it for me to visit in November when I'm down at DL. Thanks!
  • Club 33
    Know More Than You Should
    • Feb 2005

It's kind of funny, as I write this there is a "Mummy's Revenge" banner ad at the top of the page.

Anyway, I'll be going there this weekend. I'll try and take some pics for you if I can.

Comment

• Emelius_Browne
      Doing it with a flair
      • Feb 2005

Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
      I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
      ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

Comment

• MegarooFifi
        • Mar 2005

Awesome! Thanks for the link Emelius Browne!

Comment

• sir clinksalot
          MiceChatter
          • Feb 2005

The ride is good, not great ... but it is fun.

I have ridden it probably 5 or 10 times and it's worth a ride or 2 each visit to the park. Make sure if you are solo, or don't mind splitting up your party that you utilize the Single Rider line. The queue, while nice isn't worth it if you can cut your wait down.

Basically the ride has a couple of brief show scenes and then it launches (not very fast) into the coaster section. You go by some Mummies then stop. Scrabs supposedly come into your car and then you go backwards on a short coaster section.

You then come to the "Fire Room" and rotate back forward and back to the station. It's sad because the Fire Room is actually quite cold.

Like I said, it's a fun ride, a good addition to the park. Now if they would maybe add MIB or something I could see myself going to USH more.

Comment

• Emelius_Browne
            Doing it with a flair
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MegarooFifi
            Awesome! Thanks for the link Emelius Browne!
            no problem, what do you think of it? I'm mildly interested, but in the end I think I would pick Indy.
            Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
            I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
            ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

Comment

• xfkirsten
              I Hug My Tapirs
              • Jan 2005

Being a big fan of the Mummy movies and hearing the stuff they planned for this ride, I was really excited for it... and sorely let down. It had the potential to be cool, but I think the stuff they cut is what really would have made it spectacular.
              "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

• Skipper S
                dreams do come true
                • Jan 2005

I agre the ride just runs flat no real wow. Its ok if the line is short but I would not wait more than 15 min. Last time I was there I got stuck on it at the part were you stop to go backwards and had to be evact off. I was a good try for USH but like everything else they have tried it just comes up short.
                sigpic

Comment

• MegarooFifi
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Emelius_Browne
                  no problem, what do you think of it? I'm mildly interested, but in the end I think I would pick Indy.
                  I'm the same way.... I like it, but I think in the end, Indy is still the best. In all fairness to USH, they would have to do ALOT to surpass Indy...

Comment

• jomo
                    Minion
                    • Jan 2005

Seems as though USH realized there are shortfalls, and are trying to add a little more to the attraction according to Screamscape (Spoiler Warning!):

"I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again..."- Bart Simpson

Comment

• Hector
                      Why do you keep talking?
                      • Feb 2005

^You know, I thought they already had that, but I was wrong. Good to see they're actually adding it though.

It's weird, because i rode FLorida Mummy and I don't know how it could work without all that real fire (I'm a slight pyro tee hee!) but reading through and seeing the video makes it look like it could be just as good as florida's, althought I wish there was a longer backward part like in Hollywood's from what I hear. Aw well, guess I'll have to wait untill I get back to go ride it.
                      "Tonight I wash my hands of you
                      You set the bar I could not live up to
                      Tonight the light is breaking through
                      So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
                      Zebrahead

Comment

• MegarooFifi
                        • Mar 2005

Mmm... It definitely sounds like it's getting cooler... I might have to visit after all

Comment

• InwardSinger
                          • Apr 2005

I went on Revenge of the Mummy last summer. I was really excited for it, but I was extremely disappointed. It was really short. The effects were very cheesy and the roller coaster section was nothing to write home about. Not only that, but it broke down every time I went on it (4 times) and I was hit in the face by a chunk of ice during the fire scene.

Comment

• Lore
                            Animatronic
                            • Mar 2005

I ran down to see the mummy ride right when it first opened. The queue was nice, much like an occult trade show complete with Dracula's wives calling for Emotep to end the world on a big screen. The ride, as mentioned, was rather short and bland. Most of it was dark with vegas style neon mummy signs and the coaster was wide and impersonal. Maybe the upgrades will make it more interesting.

Comment

• Athlonacon
                              FastPass n00b
                              • Feb 2005

One ride that Universal Studios has hit the bullseye with is Terminator 2: 3D. I feel the same way as you guys in that USH tries, but they never quite get that "wow" factor. But T2:3D is much different. I was so impressed by that show, it was creepy...like you REALLY feel that you're a part of the action instead of just watching it. I can't give away any spoilers because there's kind of a surprise towards the end I don't want to ruin, but USH has created by FAR the most realistic, thrilling and stunning 3D show I have ever seen. Of course, I would expect nothing less from James Cameron, he is so good at attention to detail and hooking the audience into the amazing worlds he creates.

I'm sorry to get off the subject here, but if anyone is thinking about going to USH, go for this attraction and not the Mummy. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

• InwardSinger
                                • Apr 2005

I wouldn't say go to USH to see a 3D movie based on the Terminator. While it is cool, the reason why you would want to go to USH is definately for the studio tour.

Comment

• startours4ever
                                  Feeling A Bit Oogie
                                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Lore
                                  I ran down to see the mummy ride right when it first opened. The queue was nice, much like an occult trade show complete with Dracula's wives calling for Emotep to end the world on a big screen. The ride, as mentioned, was rather short and bland. Most of it was dark with vegas style neon mummy signs and the coaster was wide and impersonal. Maybe the upgrades will make it more interesting.
                                  upgrades? where did you hear of upgrades?
                                  ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

Comment

• Darkbeer
                                    Darkbeer
                                    • Jan 2005

It HAS been upgraded, mainly in the first section... I rode it multiple times this week (on different days)... and I am impressed with the changes.. though they are not down yet... more is to come...
                                    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X