X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knotts Memorial Day Trip Report!

The "T" in report is silent.

OK so lately I have been hearing bad things about Knotts this past year, finally I had the chance to visit this supposed delapidating park.

Monday 5/29/2006: Upon walking up to the ticket booths I found it to be faily crowded luckily I had my tickets already in hand so I quickly passed that up for gate entrance.

Once inside it was an immediate trasportation back to the old west... sort of. The only thing annoying was the looming Ghost Rider coster in the sky but it wasnt that much of a bother. After walking almost the enitre park I found it to be yes in need of some touch ups especailly along the "Roaring 20's/ Boardwalk" area. The grand Charles Shultz theater was the biggest disappointment for me. It looked old and dirtly and needed a good cleaning! However the biggest surprise for myself was the brand new Johnny Rockets which was fun! I loved it, it almost made up for the other things that the park hasnt kept up with. So over all, the park is about the same as I had remembered, sure it has that older almost dirtier look to it but that is how the west was. Although the area's that I mentioned above really need to be cleaned up. Johnny Rockets is a must for any one visiting and may I suggest the shake of the month wich was "The black forrest" this month!

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Re: Knotts Memorial Day Trip Report!

What other rides did you go on? Did you go on the Calico train ride or the log ride? How about any of the coasters?

Oh and do they still have Perilous Plunge? If so do you still get drenched?

Comment

I loved knotts, I wish I had the chance to go there the last time I was in california

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler

Oh and do they still have Perilous Plunge? If so do you still get drenched?

Yes, Perilous Plunge is still operating.

Everything was running yesterday except The Wave Swinger (which has been down for a major refurb, and is almost ready to return to operation), and Jaguar.
        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I love KNotts.. yes karla, wish we went when you were here.. I ahvent been there in about a year.. I may go this summer when my kids from canada are visiting.. we shall see

Friends for life

Comment

Oh forgot to mention the rides! I only really went on Bigfoot Rapids due to the heat, it was nice but soem effects were not working but if you dont go frequently then you wouldnt notice them. The mist cave and two waterfalls I believe.

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Comment

The waterfalls have been shut down for a few years. Too many people un-buckling their seat belts in order to not get wet.

Umm ... your on a water ride ... your going to get wet.

Comment

Nice report. It's been years since I been to Knott's. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X