This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirate Shores preview at LEGOLAND

We'll be going to LL this saturday to check out the AP preview of the new Pirate Shores section of the Park. Sounds like fun.

Anyone else going???

Re: Pirate Shores preview at LEGOLAND

No, but I'll be waiting for pictures

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Comment

I'll be there.... working Splash Battle most likely....

See ya there, just be aware previews on Saturday begin at 1 PM. Before that the area will be open to corporate sponsors only.

Sunday the previews start at park opening and go to closing.

See ya there

thmprkinsder
      Attractions MC
      "Just remember it all started with a mouse!"

Comment

Well, despite a few break-downs, the AP preview went well.

We had a BLAST!

Got wet, but didn't mind at all.

Took lots of pics with my new digi camera, but don't know how to load them for viewing here.

Comment

Can you give a description of the new attractions and whether or not you enjoyed them? Thanks.

Comment

www.imageshack.us will allow you to upload them and link to them.

Comment

I have posted this on 2 other forums, and I am lazy so I will just copy/paste it and make it 3 forums lol

(start)

I went to check the area out 3 days ago and uploaded some pics:
              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=190309

Comment

Wow, the metal flume ride is worse than I thought when I read your comment on it. That is REALLY sad. Looks like a fun place. Question: why is the boat ride system built on a monorail hovering over the water? Is there a special reason for that??

Thanks for the photos!!

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                -Jurassic Park

Comment

Wow. I am suprised at the flume...the rest of the area looks so good.

Maybe the "parts" are the decorations...um...no that can't be all they are doing.

Comment

That is what I thought when I first saw all that "unfinished" sheet metal. I said, "they haven't finished decorating the ride". Looks WAY TOO cheap!

I would guess that the boats on the rail are that way due to engineering ease and lower costs.

I'm just glad to see new additions being done to the Park under the new ownership.

They're still fun rides, no matter what they look like.

Having two "lifetime" passes, I have a "vested" interest in the future of the Park...

Comment

Originally posted by filmfreak11
                      Wow, the metal flume ride is worse than I thought when I read your comment on it. That is REALLY sad. Looks like a fun place. Question: why is the boat ride system built on a monorail hovering over the water? Is there a special reason for that??

Thanks for the photos!!
                      Glad you liked the pictures When I add some more I will post here.

As to why the splash battle ride is like that, no idea - but I was expecting something way different - like what they have playing on the TV ads (silly me!).

I was told by a few CMs who I trust a great deal that there is no more (or should I say ANY theming) to the flume ride. That is how it is - period. No real reason for it was given. The only thing they were waiting on was that part to come in so they could fix it and get it passed the saftey test. It really is odd, to see how nice the rest of the area is and then that just sitting there. Granted 98% of the area is straight-out-of-the-box stuff with a few Lego things tossed in, but still - yuck!

Comment

Ouch. I think a "wtf" is called for here.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X